Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   RTT Academy (Dave Rineberg) vs Macci, IMG the others (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=443770)

Le Tenis 10-23-2012 03:28 AM

RTT Academy (Dave Rineberg) vs Macci, IMG the others

Been to the big academies but was wondering if any of you have any knowledge or experience with this one especially for a little kid. I read Rinebergs book about his 7 years as a hitting coach for Venus and Serena and he sounded like a great and very knowledgeable coach. His private lesson fees are considerably lower.. Thoughts? Many thanks ...

Number1Coach 10-23-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tenis (Post 6970193)
Been to the big academies but was wondering if any of you have any knowledge or experience with this one especially for a little kid. I read Rinebergs book about his 7 years as a hitting coach for Venus and Serena and he sounded like a great and very knowledgeable coach. His private lesson fees are considerably lower.. Thoughts? Many thanks ...

It would depend on where your level is your dealing with , the guy Rineburg is the best route for any player a solid hitting partner.

rgwarren 10-23-2012 07:35 AM

Have not tried this academy yet, where is it located?

Le Tenis 10-23-2012 07:56 AM

Deerfield Beach.

Le Tenis 10-23-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 6970429)
It would depend on where your level is your dealing with , the guy Rineburg is the best route for any player a solid hitting partner.

Thanks Number1Coach! The level would be advanced beginner/ intermediate ( my 8 year old who has been playing for a few years and goes to Maccis/IMG every few months) She is getting great technique down but doesn't need a hitting partner. It would be more for great instruction like she is getting when we come to FL and work with these great coaches.

Thanks again! I really enjoy reading your posts and wish you and your son the very best!!

Le Tenis 10-23-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga tennis (Post 6970663)
Where are you guys from?

PA which is why I gave the level the way I did! Intermediate around here is like beginner down in FL when you see how those little 6-8 year olds hit! Would love your opinion GAtennis..

Le Tenis 10-23-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga tennis (Post 6970767)
Are u thinking about moving? Dont waste your money on anyone else i have found the best coach on the planet.If you can contact Heath Waters if you want to get your daughter with a proven winner.He has 5 10 year old girls now he is working with and they all will be amazing. I have taken my daughter everywhere and this June we found Heath and he is absolutely incredible!!! If you need his number just let me know if you are not totally blown away i will pay for your lesson you got from him. He is on another planet i cannot say enough about him you need to contact him ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is very kind and generous of you GAtennis! I really appreciate your advice! I have read a lot on this forum before posting and saw that you have been to Macci. Would you say HW has the same approach as Rick M or Nick B or is it totally different ? Thanks again for your response!

ga tennis 10-23-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tenis (Post 6970784)
That is very kind and generous of you GAtennis! I really appreciate your advice! I have read a lot on this forum before posting and saw that you have been to Macci. Would you say HW has the same approach as Rick M or Nick B or is it totally different ? Thanks again for your response!

jgmellor 10-23-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga tennis (Post 6971121)
Heath also has his wife working with him on court almost full time now.She was top 30 in the world at one time and in my opinion one of the 10 best doubles players in the world on the women's side.Its awesome for the little girls they not only have Heath they have access to a woman pro and little girls LOVE having a tour pro to hit with daily at 10 years old!Imagine as a kid at 10 years old hitting with and getting world class feedback.The whole situation is incredible to be a part of.

What does he charge for a private lesson? His web site says $250 an hour.

tennis5 10-23-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tenis (Post 6970742)
PA which is why I gave the level the way I did! Intermediate around here is like beginner down in FL when you see how those little 6-8 year olds hit! Would love your opinion GAtennis..

If you live in PA, try to find and establish a relationship with a coach there in PA...

The coach your junior constantly sees is the coach who will care the most about your junior's progress.

The coach at an out of town academy is just with your junior for the hour and then it is out of sight, out of mind.

Tennis is a long term journey, so use the tennis money wisely.

sureshs 10-23-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmellor (Post 6971140)
What does he charge for a private lesson? His web site says $250 an hour.

This option is cheaper:

OBSERVATIONAL LEARNING
Observe Heath teaching lessons to individuals such as his tour players or other students. Learn through observation how Heath develops player using The ACE Player Development Systemô.
Rate: $100/day (USD)

sureshs 10-23-2012 01:51 PM

I have never heard of this "watch me teach" option. Is it common?

ga tennis 10-23-2012 02:00 PM

Bash and Crash 10-23-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCF (Post 6971192)
The name guys do it, Saviano, Macci, Sanchez-Casal, Nick B and others.

Another way to fill the cash register, nothing wrong with that.

Damn, that's a nice little extra pocket change, $100hr to watch them teach....amazing I think I will start at $25

Le Tenis 10-23-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCF (Post 6971555)
I like Dave a lot. I have attended seminars with him and we have trained some of the same kids at times.

He is a fine coach. I understand you are not in a area where there are lots of coaches so you feel the need to take your kid somewhere.

I would just explore cheaper options for now. Any solid local coaches that can help with fundamentals? Thats all you need right now. Let him play soccer and other sports too.

Glad you like the racquet. My girl had hers restrung and regripped today, she loves that stick!

Thank you so much! I'm definitely exploring cheaper options, solid coaches etc but suffice to say that there are no under 10 kids patting the dog or with a high takeback in the 100 mile radius!! We are doing a few other sports too as you suggested. I just wanted to get an idea of some other ( more reasonably priced options) for holiday and summer training in FL. Despite what GA says, i think Rick M seems to have a great rapport with kids. Nick B is pretty exciting but I'm sure there are other places where we could go! I really enjoyed Rinebergs book and was thinking of checking out his academy if he would be good for this age group.. Thanks again for your input!

Number1Coach 10-23-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tenis (Post 6970516)
Thanks Number1Coach! The level would be advanced beginner/ intermediate ( my 8 year old who has been playing for a few years and goes to Maccis/IMG every few months) She is getting great technique down but doesn't need a hitting partner. It would be more for great instruction like she is getting when we come to FL and work with these great coaches.

Thanks again! I really enjoy reading your posts and wish you and your son the very best!!

Your welcome and if you ever need any of the methods I have used on DB and his sister dont hesitete to contact me through my youtube page , I have kept most of what i have done at each age as i have developed them.

You can do a lot more rthen you can imagine depending on what level you are aiming at .Once again your welcomed.

Le Tenis 10-23-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 6971658)
Your welcome and if you ever need any of the methods I have used on DB and his sister dont hesitete to contact me through my youtube page , I have kept most of what i have done at each age as i have developed them.

You can do a lot more rthen you can imagine depending on what level you are aiming at .Once again your welcomed.

That is very very kind of you! I will definitely take you up on that ! Aiming for the stars... :-)

BMC9670 10-23-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tenis (Post 6971551)

Now can you offer your 2 cents on Dave Rineberg RTT for little kids? His rates are $110 not $300 so definitely more reasonable ... :-)

$110/hour is reasonable? For an 8 year old?!? Boy the Kool-Aid goes down so easy....

Le Tenis 10-23-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMC9670 (Post 6971689)
$110/hour is reasonable? For an 8 year old?!? Boy the Kool-Aid goes down so easy....

I said "more reasonable" not reasonable. pros around here usually charge $90-125 since they have to pay for indoor court time more than half of the year...

Le Tenis 10-23-2012 08:17 PM

TCF where else could one go in FL to get reasonably priced top quality instruction from someone who is great with under 10 kids (as good as Macci)? Please include yourself in the list if possible ! :-)