Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   turntable adjustment for gamma 602fc (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444168)

taurussable 10-27-2012 12:41 PM

turntable adjustment for gamma 602fc

Hello gamma users and support:

from the manual:
Adjusting the Turntable Bushings
There are two adjustment points on the machine base.
One is located beneath the polystyrene base cover while
the other is accessed from below the machine.

I don't see "the other" adjustment point on the machine base. I only see the one pictured in the manual.

no matter how I adjust the bushing using the hex wrench. It can't get to the level of smoothness I expect. always quite some friction. the more you tighten the bolt the more friction it has.

I am not sure it is just a problem of my machine.

Thanks.
Jim.

rich s 10-27-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taurussable (Post 6978224)
....... always quite some friction. the more you tighten the bolt the more friction it has.....

try loosening the bolt.... the more you loosen the bolt, the less friction it has... stop loosening when you get to the point where you are satisfied with the feel of it when you turn the turntable...

taurussable 10-28-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich s (Post 6978505)
try loosening the bolt.... the more you loosen the bolt, the less friction it has... stop loosening when you get to the point where you are satisfied with the feel of it when you turn the turntable...

no matter how far i loosen it, it is still not as smooth as I expect it should be. the turntable brakes immediately after I stop pushing it. I wish it can be as smooth as a wheel on a bicycle.

rich s 10-28-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taurussable (Post 6980808)
no matter how far i loosen it, it is still not as smooth as I expect it should be. the turntable brakes immediately after I stop pushing it. I wish it can be as smooth as a wheel on a bicycle.

smooth or free? they are not the same....

if you want it to spin as freely as a wheel on a bicycle your turntable needs to pivot on a bearing like my 6004 does.

I had a 602fc.... the turntable will not spin freely like a bicycle wheel....

lionel_101 10-28-2012 08:24 PM

The adjustment screw for the turntable bushing is used to add "drag" on the turntable. There is no reason for it to be spinning around like a top.

There is nothing wrong with it and you do want it to stop when you stop pushing/pulling the turntable into position. So, don't worry about it.

Also, many new users think it is a brake and will lock the turntable into place. It is not a brake and will not hold the turntable in position, no matter how tight you tighten the set screw.

taurussable 10-29-2012 01:25 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuUc5jyrn8w

around 0:52

probably because I saw some videos like this, I had the imagination that turntables can all rotate "freely".

Thanks for the education.

Jim.

COPEY 10-29-2012 01:56 AM

Hehe that machine is in a completely different league, my man. Kinda like comparing a Hyundai to a Ferrari. ;-)

Fr3nch 12-04-2012 08:59 PM

No one is answering your question so I'll ask it again. The manual says there are two bushing adjustment screws, only one is visible. Where is the other one.

My table is too lose and the second screw needs adjusting, but I can't find it.

Lakers4Life 12-05-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3nch (Post 7047320)
No one is answering your question so I'll ask it again. The manual says there are two bushing adjustment screws, only one is visible. Where is the other one.

the other is accessed from below the machine. Have you looked under the base?

taurussable 12-05-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3nch (Post 7047320)

Interesting friend. my table seems too tight to my taste no matter how I adjust it.

i can't seem to find the other bushing either. already turned the table upside down.

Lakers4Life 12-05-2012 08:36 AM

According to the manual, which shows the older turntable base, the bushings look like they are pressed in. I would try to clean the post and the grease the inside of the bushings. That may help a little. The X-6FC shows the same procedure with the newer turntable.

Irvin 12-05-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taurussable (Post 7047904)
Interesting friend. my table seems too tight to my taste no matter how I adjust it.

i can't seem to find the other bushing either. already turned the table upside down.

Call Gamma or send Gamma Tech an email there is more than one model of the 602fc

Gamma Tech 12-06-2012 06:43 AM

The Turntable on the 602FC has a pin that fits into a bushing located in the machine base. The Turntable pin slides into the bushing and the set screw is adjusted to hold it in place. The turntable bushing is adjusted at the factory for optimum performance. After time and use, the turntable bushing may need adjusted. An adjustment is indicated when noticeable turntable looseness or wobble occurs while stringing.

To adjust the fit between the turntable pin and the bushings, tighten the set screw at the top of the bushing using a 3mm hex wrench. Tighten until the turntable rotates smoothly without excessive free play.

As Irvin mentioned, in certain instances there may be more than one model as machines evolve over time. In this instance that's what happened….…thanks for the post pointing out that the manual you have still referenced the two set screws. There is only one. I already updated the new manuals with that change.

taurussable 12-06-2012 06:58 AM

Thanks.

my 602fc is bought from amazon new on June 8, 2012. I'll post a pic some time. manual indicates two adjust points but i only saw on from side of the turntable. maybe the manual just as said need be updated. I wonder if the old 602 or whatsoever indeed had two adjust points?

Lakers4Life 12-06-2012 09:30 AM

The last revision of the manual was April 2000.