Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   wilson steam 99s (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444496)

Federerkblade 10-31-2012 02:45 PM

wilson steam 99s
 
when will this be presold pls ? and how much ?

TW Staff 10-31-2012 02:53 PM

Federerkblade,

The Wilson Steam 99 S will go on pre-sale in January (1/4/13) for $199.


Brittany, TW

Federerkblade 10-31-2012 02:58 PM

thank you brittany. :)

its going on pre sale much later than the blade sad face

boomerTennis 11-07-2012 05:00 PM

Is the Steam 99s a standard length or 27.2 like the Steam 100 or best, would it be 27.5 length :)? Thanks!

TW Staff 11-08-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomerTennis (Post 7001341)
Is the Steam 99s a standard length or 27.2 like the Steam 100 or best, would it be 27.5 length :)? Thanks!

It's a standard 27" length racquet.

Andy, TW

JackB1 12-03-2012 06:54 PM

this thing can't go on sale fast enough :-)

Federerkblade 12-04-2012 02:35 AM

so you like it now jack

Federerkblade 12-09-2012 07:31 AM

Guys can you confirm what the 99s will ship with as a factory string ????

Nostradamus 12-09-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomerTennis (Post 7001341)
Is the Steam 99s a standard length or 27.2 like the Steam 100 or best, would it be 27.5 length :)? Thanks!

Steam spin 105 will be 27.5 inches.

Nostradamus 12-09-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Federerkblade (Post 7054278)
Guys can you confirm what the 99s will ship with as a factory string ????

I heard this racket produces so much spin that if you Hybrid with Poly and Multi, String will break within 30 minutes of play. Is this true ? if so, then that would suck. You have to go all Poly then, am I right ?

JackB1 12-12-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7054285)
I heard this racket produces so much spin that if you Hybrid with Poly and Multi, String will break within 30 minutes of play. Is this true ? if so, then that would suck. You have to go all Poly then, am I right ?

depends if you are a string breaker or not. Full poly is ideal, but I bet poly with a decent syngut would work pretty good as well. My demo had Black Widow with Not crosses and I thought that would break in hours but it lasted over 1 week. But no I wouldn't recommend a soft multi cross in the 99s.

JackB1 12-12-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6986547)
Federerkblade,

The Wilson Steam 99 S will go on pre-sale in January (1/4/13) for $199.

Brittany, TW

any idea they will ship? What is the benefit to ordering during the presale?

Also, are any of the playtesters switching to it? Jason maybe?

TW Staff 12-13-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackB1 (Post 7060212)
any idea they will ship? What is the benefit to ordering during the presale?

Also, are any of the playtesters switching to it? Jason maybe?


JackB1,

They should be in stock on 1/17/13. The benefit of ordering during pre-sale is your racquet will be one the first to be strung when we get the racquet in and sent out before everyone that did not buy during the pre-sale.

As far as playtesters switching, Jason says, "I'm close" and Spencer is leaning that way as well.

Brittany, TW

D-money 12-23-2012 01:14 PM

Great news. Will any matching services be available for presale rackets?

v-verb 12-23-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7061300)
JackB1,

They should be in stock on 1/17/13. The benefit of ordering during pre-sale is your racquet will be one the first to be strung when we get the racquet in and sent out before everyone that did not buy during the pre-sale.

As far as playtesters switching, Jason says, "I'm close" and Spencer is leaning that way as well.

Brittany, TW

Great news sorta. I'm loaded p with POGs and Borons, but I'm itching to try one of these!:)

TW Staff 12-26-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-money (Post 7076522)
Great news. Will any matching services be available for presale rackets?

D-money,

Yes, there will be matching services available for the Steams. You will need to call in to set up the order.

Brittany, TW

JackB1 12-28-2012 11:20 AM

any word on when the review will be coming?

TW Staff 12-28-2012 12:29 PM

The reviews will be ready when the racquets go for presale on Jan. 4. We are not allowed to post before then.

Thanks,
Tiffani, TW

JackB1 12-28-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7083563)
The reviews will be ready when the racquets go for presale on Jan. 4. We are not allowed to post before then.

Thanks,
Tiffani, TW

ok thanks. Will you be reviewing all 3 new Steam models?

TW Staff 01-01-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackB1 (Post 7084002)
ok thanks. Will you be reviewing all 3 new Steam models?

JackB1,

We are reviewing the Steam 96, 99, 99 S, and 105 S.

Brittany, TW


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse