Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best poly for longevity of playability (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444594)

Ramjet 11-01-2012 01:48 PM

Best poly for longevity of playability

Hi - i really like SPPP and Silverstring and Volkl Cyclone. Are there similar copoly strings where the playability lasts longer than say 10-12 hours?

cluckcluck 11-01-2012 02:21 PM

Tourna Big Hitter

COPEY 11-01-2012 04:43 PM

Can't say I agree with the above, and I typically steer clear of these types of discussions since they're extremely subjective with multiple factors affecting longevity. I think Tourna Big Hitter is a great string, but there's no way it last longer than SPPP and Silverstring. Cyclone - I wouldn't argue that. If nothing else it's close, but certainly not the first two.

I think if you like SPPP and SS, you're pretty much maxed out as far as longevity is concerned. If you're paying for restrings, consider a stringer, then you can play with any string you want and not worry about longevity.

Francis27 11-01-2012 05:49 PM

I love the Babolat RPM TEAM. The TEAM not Blast, i think the babolat rpm team has a longer string life than the blast as the blast dies pretty fast and the team last pretty longer than the rpm blast IMO.

Ramjet 11-02-2012 10:20 AM

Thanks for the info. Suspected that SPPP and Silverstring were top of the heap.

Bobby Jr 11-02-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COPEY (Post 6989017)
...I think Tourna Big Hitter is a great string, but there's no way it last longer than SPPP and Silverstring....

I'd agree with the Silverstring vs Big Hitter comment*. I tried Big Hitter and, for me, Silverstring lasts as long as any poly I've tried - and definitely longer than Big Hitter. Having said that I've only tried about a dozen of the more popular polys.

The thing about Silverstring that I liked was it seems to be a good blend of softness (for a poly), spin and useful lifespan.

(*done as a hybrid with syn gut in the crosses)

tball 11-02-2012 11:21 AM

ProSupex Big Ace Micro and MSV Co-Focus stay soft and lively for a very long time. Longer than SPPP and definitely longer than Volkl Cyclone.

mirceam 12-02-2012 12:24 PM

dunlop black widow it has very good playability. I have a Yonex VCore 98D strung with black widow @ 22/21 kg ( 48/46 lbs ) . the playability started to drop after 15hours of play.

Torres 12-02-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COPEY (Post 6989017)
Can't say I agree with the above, and I typically steer clear of these types of discussions since they're extremely subjective with multiple factors affecting longevity. I think Tourna Big Hitter is a great string, but there's no way it last longer than SPPP and Silverstring. Cyclone - I wouldn't argue that. If nothing else it's close, but certainly not the first two.

I think if you like SPPP and SS, you're pretty much maxed out as far as longevity is concerned. If you're paying for restrings, consider a stringer, then you can play with any string you want and not worry about longevity.

I know what you're saying and understand your sentiments but it really depends on one means by longevity of playability.

If by that you mean maintaining their original performance for a reasonable period of time, then I'd say that SPPP, Silverstring, and Tourna BHB7 actually all fall into that category. SPPP/Silversting (not very spinny, not very elastic, not much give) are really quite different playing strings to BHB7 (very spinny, very elastic) anyway, but they all last quite a while. SPPP/Silverstring maintain their original performance, but there's not arguably much performance to lose in the first place because they play differently to other (arguably better performing) polys.

In fact, BHB7 for a soft, spinny co-poly maintains a consistently high level of performance for a surprisingly long time. It maintains playability typically up to about 10-11 hours before going dead which is quite something. I get maybe 5-6 hours out of Black Magic for example, and maybe 6-7 hours max from BHBR16.

scotus 12-02-2012 02:05 PM

Try Prince Beast XP 16.

The playability lasts and lasts, much more so than SPPP and Silver String.

3fees 12-02-2012 04:02 PM

Lux BB Ace.

neil1b 12-02-2012 06:56 PM

SOLINCO outlast 17

Still keep coming back to it.

EastAngels2014 12-02-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotus (Post 7043264)
Try Prince Beast XP 16.

The playability lasts and lasts, much more so than SPPP and Silver String.

I agree, i use this and i enjoy it a lot

thienha 12-02-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3fees (Post 7043438)
Lux BB Ace.

I don't think that Lux BB Ace is last longer than SPPP.

fortun8son 12-02-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramjet (Post 6988710)
Hi - i really like SPPP and Silverstring and Volkl Cyclone. Are there similar copoly strings where the playability lasts longer than say 10-12 hours?

I doubt that you will find any poly that hangs in there longer than those you mentioned.
There are some that are just as good.
You can get higher performance for a shorter time or you can get something like Polyon Ice or Duralast that will be awful forever.

anubis 12-03-2012 07:56 AM

I've got 10 hours so far on my BHB7 17 and it hasn't stiffened up yet...

tistrapukcipeht 12-03-2012 07:59 AM

Yonex Poly Tour Spin is the top for in how it retains its characteristics for longer time, for those who like crisp, spin monster with great durability.

purple-n-gold 12-03-2012 03:48 PM

4G end of thread.