Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What shot fears you the most? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444691)

dlam 11-02-2012 03:00 PM

What shot fears you the most?

If you want to frustrate me and expose my weakness then hit drop shots to my BH and moonballs to my FH

Here's a chance to express your weakness in totally anonymity

kiki 11-02-2012 03:00 PM

a gun shot

Mike Y 11-02-2012 03:04 PM

When I see a shot of whiskey, I run.

Andres 11-02-2012 03:18 PM

Those pesky flu shots. Hate them.

floridatennisdude 11-02-2012 05:44 PM

Kick serve into my body when I'm leaning to my backhand. Ball could easily sail the fence.

Faithfulfather 11-02-2012 06:33 PM

Shot to the heart and your to blame.

F L O B B E R 11-02-2012 06:38 PM

Driving slice hitting near the baseline.

Cindysphinx 11-02-2012 06:56 PM

Hard groundstroke to the body while I am at net.

anantak2k 11-02-2012 06:58 PM

Any deep no pace shot to my BH.
Any flat power shot to my FH.

Funny how my FH and BH are complete opposites. I am able to generate my own pace and hit my FHs with a lot of spin but when someone takes time away from me by hitting deep powerful shots to my FH I am in trouble. My BH on the other hand, you can crush the crap out of the ball but I am absolutely amazing at redirecting pace with my BH... And I hit my BH pretty damn flat. Now you give me a shot with no pace and I am hardly able to create any of my own pace from my BH side... :rolleyes:

Oh and I hate lobs... one of the least practiced shots :(
My overheads are a work in progress. :)

NTRPolice 11-02-2012 07:28 PM

High bouncing balls to the backhand that are just fast enough where you cant setup properly for them, whether its catching it early, running around it, or taking it in the air. This can be framed ground stroke that's spinning in, a kick serve that's bouncing further away/toward you than you expect, and in some cases a failed lob that you didnt catch in the air.

By the time you realize you've made a mistake by second guessing yourself you kinda have to "make it up" as you go along. I've hit some really strange feeling shots in these situations. I wish I caught some of them in video so I could see what I look like when im jumping to my left, leaning backwards, swinging almost vertically... as hard as I can... lol.

LeeD 11-02-2012 08:00 PM

What scares me is playing a guy who can run down just about every one of my shots, get there, and get it back deep into my court. Totally.

rafafan20 11-02-2012 08:32 PM

When someone attacks the net following a deep shot to my backhand

dcdoorknob 11-02-2012 09:48 PM

My 2hbh is my best shot, but one play I don't like much at all in doubles is when someone hits a skidding, short slice to my BH and follows that to net. If it's low (like below knee level) I have a hard time getting under it with my flat 2hbh stroke and I end up putting too many of those straight into the middle of the net. A good lob is also tough for me to pull off in that position. I can take the left hand off and slice it back but if they are coming into net that often leaves them with a fairly attackable volley unless I really try to skim it over the net which obviously also leads to me missing more than I should.

effortless 11-02-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeD (Post 6991397)
What scares me is playing a guy who can run down just about every one of my shots, get there, and get it back deep into my court. Totally.

Yes that scares me the most too. I can almost always improve a shot during the game that someone decides to pick on. However, if i cant hit winners i will die.

Also just remembered... I hate overheads. At least i can almost always avoid overheads if i want to. But i don't avoid them because i know i have to improve them and i still come to the net a lot.

Say Chi Sin Lo 11-03-2012 01:12 AM

Anything from a pusher.

dizzlmcwizzl 11-03-2012 04:34 AM

I have a little trouble while on the run with the jumping, one handed backhand, topspin lob down the line.

PrinceMoron 11-03-2012 05:08 AM

Airshot, complete miss on a show court.

Whip around forehand that breaks my watch lens.

Sliding backhand where the buttcap catches the inside of your kneecap, ouch..

But the worst is volley off the top of the frame straight into your eye.

NTRPolice 11-03-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceMoron (Post 6991771)
Airshot, complete miss on a show court.

Whip around forehand that breaks my watch lens.

Sliding backhand where the buttcap catches the inside of your kneecap, ouch..

But the worst is volley off the top of the frame straight into your eye.

LOL

What about framing a serve and then hitting yourself in the shin on the follow through.

You're the only one in this thread that answered the OP this way haha.

PrinceMoron 11-03-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTRPolice (Post 6991779)
LOL

What about framing a serve and then hitting yourself in the shin on the follow through.

You're the only one in this thread that answered the OP this way haha.

I was a feared you might say that, me hearty.

Fuji 11-03-2012 05:02 PM

I hate playing lefties more then anything, so a lefty slice just totally screws me up.

Other than that, if it's coming from a righty, I can't think of a shot that really bothers me. I have good wheels and more then enough power to hit through a lot of people. If I had to pick a shot, it'd be anyone that sits lower then my thighs. I like taking higher bouncing shots to really rip with!

-Fuji