Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Reviving a Tennis Tutor ball machine. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444695)

bugeyed 11-02-2012 03:49 PM

Reviving a Tennis Tutor ball machine.

I am about to finish restoring an old Tennis Tutor ball machine that I acquired off Craigs List. Didn't show any signs of life at all. Turns out several of the rocker switches had bad contacts. Not sure if they got oil in them or what. I cleaned them up & it all works except that the power switch doesn't do anything. It's always on despite the switch ohming out fine. Anyway I called Sports Tutor & talked to tech to check to see if I got the wires right & I had. He said that he would send me a new power switch & the elevation switch at no charge. This machine was bought in the mid 90s, sold & sold again on CL to me & the company supports it in this manner. Apart from it being a solidly built machine, the support is exceptional. I love doing business with small American companies!

Cheers,
kev

dak95_00 11-02-2012 05:28 PM

I'm not surprised. TT is filled w/ similar threads throughout the years about used Tennis Tutors being supported outside of the warranty period by non-original purchasers. Silent Partner machines are also known for their great service and support as well.

I'm sure you got a great deal and it'll last a long, long time.

bugeyed 11-02-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak95_00 (Post 6991208)
I'm not surprised. TT is filled w/ similar threads throughout the years about used Tennis Tutors being supported outside of the warranty period by non-original purchasers. Silent Partner machines are also known for their great service and support as well.

I'm sure you got a great deal and it'll last a long, long time.

Yeah, I'm getting it together for a friend who has a hip problem & no mobility. I can't seem to hit the ball consistently to his strike zone, so the machine should give him some productive time on the court. BTW got the machine for $65 USD!!

kev

3fees 11-03-2012 10:26 AM

Good to hear,,I have tennis tutor pro lite,no problems with it at all

bugeyed 11-03-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3fees (Post 6992460)
Good to hear,,I have tennis tutor pro lite,no problems with it at all

Got a Pro Lite (I think) Pro Jr. I don't remember. It's the one that has a remote, but the remote is a rubber tube with a foot pad. It activates a pressure switch on the unit. Anyway, this unit didn't have the remote & didn't feed at all when I drove to Austin to buy it. Craigslist. Well the universe was conspiring to help me that day. They wanted $250 for it, but the owner wasn't there & his roommate demoed it. When it didn't work, I called TT & talked to a tech & he said it was either the main board or the motor. Ended up getting it for $75. Got home checked it out, realized what the remote connector was, blew into the port & it worked. It had been in the OFF position when last used. So, I guess the moral of the story is, if something isn't working properly, uh....... try blowing on it. Worked for me!!

Cheers,
kev

mctennis 01-01-2013 08:43 PM

I've had the same wonderful service/ tech support from them as well. I am impressed with this company and the people that work there. ALWAYS friendly and helpful.