Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Yet another thread on hitting at someone (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444699)

dizzlmcwizzl 11-02-2012 05:40 PM

Yet another thread on hitting at someone
 
This time it was caught on video .... See this video

So the scenario ... my partner was working on his serve and volley, I was working on my return. He hit a ball that I made a good return on but he framed a drop volley for a winner. I hit it back to him after the second bounce which he then hit an over head back at me, just missing me. It was closer than he thought it would be and he immediately apologized ... I however, vowed to hit him before our practice was over. Two serves later I hit him square in the back on a sitter.

It was all in good fun, no one was hurt but with so many hitting the ball at someone threads of late I thought this was a fun little diversion.

axel89 11-02-2012 05:49 PM

dude you're a loser he even missed you yet you still want to hit him -facepalm-

dizzlmcwizzl 11-02-2012 05:56 PM

My favorite part is when I raise my racket at the end to "apologize" for doing exactly what I told him I was going to do.

I repeat ... we were both laughing and enjoying the moment. It was all in good fun.

NLBwell 11-02-2012 06:19 PM

Whatever floats your boat as long as you both are in on it.

Maybe you two should start a Fight Club.

dizzlmcwizzl 11-02-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLBwell (Post 6991191)
Whatever floats your boat as long as you both are in on it.

Maybe you two should start a Fight Club.

we dont talk about that, that is the first rule

Sumo 11-02-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axel89 (Post 6991140)
dude you're a loser he even missed you yet you still want to hit him -facepalm-

You obviously don't have any male friends that have played sports other than tennis.......or just male friends.

Mongolmike 11-03-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axel89 (Post 6991140)
dude you're a loser he even missed you yet you still want to hit him -facepalm-

I don't think you want to play with my group either then.... there is so much smack talk flying around....lol...

....to the OP... "Bingo beotch!"

corbind 11-03-2012 03:13 PM

Why would you hit crosscourt with that ball which would have been an easy DTL winnner -- and you wouldn't have to nail your buddy in the back. Good video. Glad you got footage (especially the slow motion).

dizzlmcwizzl 11-03-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corbind (Post 6992886)
Why would you hit crosscourt with that ball which would have been an easy DTL winnner -- and you wouldn't have to nail your buddy in the back. Good video. Glad you got footage (especially the slow motion).

FWIW ... the drill we were doing was that we had to play the point out cross court ... like playing doubles, just with only two people.

LeeD 11-03-2012 04:10 PM

I think anytime we pop up a short weak high volley, we're grounds for being hit square and fair. Get racket in front of body, guard vital organs.

gmatheis 11-03-2012 08:01 PM

How did he not just volley that back?

onehandbh 11-04-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmatheis (Post 6993291)
How did he not just volley that back?

I accidentally hit an opponent in the nuts
with an overhead last week. (in doubles)
I was trying to hit at hit his feet but I was
slightly off balance. Felt pretty bad. We
had to take a 5 - 10 minute break while
he recovered.

His partner had hit a line drive lob and
he just sort of stood in the middle
of the service box, "holding his
ground." Next time I'll hit away instead
or hit a drop shot instead.

dizzlmcwizzl 11-11-2012 05:57 PM

Today I was drilled in the head ... I have been playing around with my camera and was trying a new angle. So this is an interesting perspective.

My partner threw up a short lob that my opponent hit a swinging forehand volley down the line, right at my melon.

I share this for everyone's enjoyment.

darrinbaker00 11-11-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzlmcwizzl (Post 7009424)
Today I was drilled in the head ... I have been playing around with my camera and was trying a new angle. So this is an interesting perspective.

My partner threw up a short lob that my opponent hit a swinging forehand volley down the line, right at my melon.

I share this for everyone's enjoyment.

DOWN GOES FRAZIER!! DOWN GOES FRAZIER!! DOWN GOES FRAZIER!! DOWN GOES FRAZIER!! ;)

Maui19 11-12-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzlmcwizzl (Post 7009424)
Today I was drilled in the head ... I have been playing around with my camera and was trying a new angle. So this is an interesting perspective.

My partner threw up a short lob that my opponent hit a swinging forehand volley down the line, right at my melon.

I share this for everyone's enjoyment.

I love how your partner just walks over to get the ball instead of coming over to you lol.

Nice title font BTW.

corbind 11-12-2012 06:49 AM

Head shot...

Your partner must not like you? Did you watch your video of him laughing and retrieving the ball?) his level of concern is remarkably low and makes me feel he cares for nothing but himself!

Was one of your feet in the doubles alley? You look like you have the
alley covered with an iron fist so why is your opponent hitting THERE and so HIGH?

I watched the video on my iPod so 4" screen so I'll watch on a real monitor later to see if my perception is off.

dizzlmcwizzl 11-12-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corbind (Post 7010488)
Head shot...

Your partner must not like you? Did you watch your video of him laughing and retrieving the ball?) his level of concern is remarkably low and makes me feel he cares for nothing but himself!

Was one of your feet in the doubles alley? You look like you have the
alley covered with an iron fist so why is your opponent hitting THERE and so HIGH?

I watched the video on my iPod so 4" screen so I'll watch on a real monitor later to see if my perception is off.

I am probably about a foot inside from the alley for this shot. The server has excellent groundies and had burned me down the line a couple times before this so I had adjusted towards the alley.

Usually I poach aggressively and he was trying to get me to stay home ... it was a swinging volley so it was a tough shot. I did not take it as being malicious at all.

IA-SteveB 11-12-2012 07:15 AM

I got lucky last night in league play. I was in the front court and my partner was receiving. I wasn't really in a ready position and was watching a play in the next court with my racquet head in front of me, waist high. The serve was mishit and nailed my racquet squarely. Had I not had it where I did, I would have been on America's Funniest Videos and may have won thousands.

jaybear1909 11-12-2012 08:29 AM

Funny vids. I pegged my partner once square in the neck on accident (in my defense he was standing in the way of my only open shot - DTL!). Problem is my partner is also my girlfriend's dad. As well as my ride home that day.

SwankPeRFection 11-12-2012 09:27 AM

I once was playing doubles with a partner who was acting a fool and screwing up our plays and making us lose, yet would get upset with me if I made even the slightest error. On one serve, I hit him square in the back (on purpose). I never hit my partners with serves, so it was obvious that it wasn't an error on my part. He got his sh** together after that.

Does that make me an a**hole? Absolutely, but sometimes some people need their attitudes checked. And no worries, I get my fair share of chest busters ripped at me while at the net from opponents. I either volley them away or get out of the way. A few I've been hit with, but I never back off the net no matter what. F u if you think you're going to intimidate me. lol


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse