Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tennis Shoes(Barricades) (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444779)

chatt_town 11-04-2012 12:00 AM

Tennis Shoes(Barricades)

So when I first started, I never took shoes that serious. I'd go to the outlet and grab the first 39 or 49 dollar Nikes they had on the shelf. I have though learned in the last couple of years that much of my back soreness came because of my shoes. I just bought my second pair of Barricades and the pain is gone. That says a lot about shoes for your feet. So which shoes do you all wear and why?

gmatheis 11-04-2012 03:58 AM

First - this belongs in the equipment section

ok with that out of the way ... I love barricades I just don't love the price. $125 seems kinda pricey to me for tennis shoes so I used to look for a $40 pair of random shoes myself.

Recently I got a pair for a really good deal and they really are awesome. When these wear out I'll probably get another pair of one of the older color schemes that TW lowers the price on. I think they are like $90 which is a little more reasonable.

anantak2k 11-04-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmatheis (Post 6993710)

ok with that out of the way ... I love barricades I just don't love the price. $125 seems kinda pricey to me for tennis shoes so I used to look for a $40 pair of random shoes myself.

Recently I got a pair for a really good deal and they really are awesome. When these wear out I'll probably get another pair of one of the older color schemes that TW lowers the price on. I think they are like $90 which is a little more reasonable.

But 125 is not too bad when you have the 6 month durability. :)
That is if you can wear them out obviously. I myself go through shoes very quickly (about 2 months max). I have a bad habit of dragging my left feet around so there is always a hole there (right shoe almost always looks new lol).

I currently love the Head Speed Pro (not the new model that TW has but the older one). I also like the new balance 851s, the babolat pro pulse 3s.

My all time favorite tennis shoes were the Reebok Pumps. The one Roddick was wearing back when he was with Reebok. Unfortunately they don't make those anymore... :(

Fuji 11-04-2012 01:11 PM

I use the Breath Cage 2k11's. I got them for a steal so I snagged a few pairs. Currently I'm on my last pair however, so I'll probably be making the switch to the 12's, or I'll be testing something out. :razz:

-Fuji

chatt_town 11-04-2012 02:36 PM

I'll keep that in mind about where threads belong. :) Okay I just dropped 84 bucks on these. The first pair I got actually came with this 6 month warranty. I knew before I bought them I'd wear them out. I run on my toes and quickly wear out the front bottoms. So I basically got two pair for 90 bucks. They quickly stopped that offer. :) I wanna say this was at Dicks When it was here(Chattanooga)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmatheis (Post 6993710)

gmatheis 11-04-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatt_town (Post 6994809)
I'll keep that in mind about where threads belong. :) Okay I just dropped 84 bucks on these. The first pair I got actually came with this 6 month warranty. I knew before I bought them I'd wear them out. I run on my toes and quickly wear out the front bottoms. So I basically got two pair for 90 bucks. They quickly stopped that offer. :) I wanna say this was at Dicks When it was here(Chattanooga)

At $84 and if you can wear them out enough to get the 2nd pair it's a cery good deal.

btw I believe Adidas still gives a 6 month warantee on them ... Dicks may have stopped doing it but just go through Adidas

Pickle9 11-04-2012 05:10 PM

You're either wearing the vapor 9 or you're not. If you're not experiencing the goatesque footgasms then you're at a serious disadvantage.

NTRPolice 11-04-2012 05:20 PM

I swear by the Nike CourtBallistec line. It's the best line of shoe I have ever worn. I go through shoes like there's no tomorrow and its important that I wear a shoe that has the "Dragon X" type of covering.

I drag my toes a lot and normal stitching patterns and materials cannot handle.

I always buy 2-3 pairs of shoes at the same time when I order. Sometimes all of the same color, but sometimes i'll throw in an "opposite" so I can switch them out for a different look.

"Opposite" meaning if there is a Blk/Wht version ill order one in Wht/Blk as well.

Adam35 11-05-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

My all time favorite tennis shoes were the Reebok Pumps. The one Roddick was wearing back when he was with Reebok. Unfortunately they don't make those anymore...
I think I have a pair of these. They must be the heavest shoe I've ever owned.

tennis tom 11-05-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatt_town (Post 6993542)
...I have though learned in the last couple of years that much of my back soreness came because of my shoes.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I seriously doubt your new shoes fixed your back problems, pure placebo effect. It's like when you get a new racket and you play great for a few days--until that first loss--then it's back to the same old game.

To anyone with back issues read any book by Dr. John E. Sarno, eminent back doctor at NYU hospital and recently featured in a Forbes article as America's best physician.

Personally my body and back feels the absolute BEST! when I am wearing NO shoes playing on grass courts.

For the shoe discussion, I'm now wearing Asics, the last shoe I wore when I was running marathons. Back then they were made in Japan, now they're made in China like everything else on the planet, but they're still engineered in Japan.

I was hoping to live out my playing years and be buried in my old Wilson Pro Staff Classics Mesh, until they redesigned and ruined them inside but they looked identical externally.

NTexas 11-05-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis tom (Post 6996058)
Sorry to burst your bubble but I seriously doubt your new shoes fixed your back problems, pure placebo effect. It's like when you get a new racket and you play great for a few days--until that first loss--then it's back to the same old game.

Way to kill the guys hopes and dreams, what next Santa isnt real?:)

tennis tom 11-05-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTexas (Post 6996101)
Way to kill the guys hopes and dreams, what next Santa isnt real?:)

The TWA rocket ship at Disneyland does not take you to the moon.

But I did give him the secret to healing back pain.

anantak2k 11-05-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam35 (Post 6995846)
I think I have a pair of these. They must be the heavest shoe I've ever owned.

YES very heavy but soooo much cushioning! That's why I loved them so much :)