Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Delpo with Li-Ning starting 2013 and other new stuff (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444795)

gavna 11-04-2012 05:59 AM

Delpo with Li-Ning starting 2013 and other new stuff

Was at an event this past week in Paris and saw that Delpo will be with Li-Ning next yr, not clear if it was Jan 1 or later in 2013 but a dal was done he's gone from Nike. Tecnifibre has a "concept shoe" that was designed by Philippe Barsol - Red, Black and Silver with a freaking weird triangle shaped heel (it could be posted on facebook shomewhere per Tecnifibre - it's in discussions that Major Sports what's to get into the shoe biz -

Also saw the new Asics stuff for LaMonf....Asics HUGE in France and will be pushing this stuff hard - expect to see LaMonfs as the face of Asics all over the place after Jan 1.

Also saw the new Babolat Wimbledon SFX shoe called the SFX ET Drive - in white with some purple and green trim and the Wimby logo - due out April 2013.

Ico 11-04-2012 06:32 AM

That's pretty surprising. Delpo is Nike's third biggest men's
tennis star and the two ahead of him might not be long for the sport. I'll take this report with a grain of salt.

gavna 11-04-2012 08:25 AM

Well it's a big enough story here in Paris this week that all the vendor reps were discussing it and the French monthly Tennis Magazine released a story and stated that Delpo was quitting Nike and that the Chinese firm was waiting to confirm all.......so usually where there is smoke there's fire..

bezs 11-04-2012 08:33 AM

Real shame if he does leave Nike.

ollinger 11-04-2012 08:37 AM

^^ In what sense is it a shame?? Do people actually have emotional reactions to what shoe someone else wears?? This is fascinating. Try to think of it as simple geopolitics; the early 21st century will belong to China; they will be eating more and more of Nike's lunch as time goes on.

gavna 11-04-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 6994050)
^^ In what sense is it a shame?? Do people actually have emotional reactions to what shoe someone else wears?? This is fascinating. Try to think of it as simple geopolitics; the early 21st century will belong to China; they will be eating more and more of Nike's lunch as time goes on.

I know really......it's all about the and he $$$$$$$ for the players...it's the fanboys who have all the issues. Players will go where the money takes them. Period.

cluckcluck 11-04-2012 09:14 AM

It's just a shoe, a shirt, socks, and a shirt, at the end of the day it comes down to the dollars/euros going into the bank. I'm pretty sure Delpo doesn't care what he wears, as long as it's comfortable.

SempreSami 11-04-2012 09:17 AM

First Argentina's basketball team and now Delpo? Good acquisition by Li-Ning if true.

anhuynh16 11-04-2012 10:57 AM

I'm not surprised. After D-Wade going to them, it looks like they could challenge Nike and Adidas soon.

3fees 11-04-2012 11:37 AM

Sounds like Nike will lose another,,I have not seen an official announcement yet.

Babolast 11-05-2012 09:16 AM

I actually said awhile ago Delpo will be signing with Li-Ning.

Big loss for Nike but I guess money talks.

Borrelli 11-05-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 6993770)
Also saw the new Babolat Wimbledon SFX shoe called the SFX ET Drive - in white with some purple and green trim and the Wimby logo - due out April 2013.

Definitely interested in seeing these. For the most part their shoes have been hideous looking in the past. Hopefully they come out with something subdued and classic but with performance in mind..

augustobt 11-05-2012 11:08 AM

Li-Ning wants the argentinean market so bad.

WildVolley 11-05-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augustobt (Post 6996347)
Li-Ning wants the argentinean market so bad.

Is that really true?

From what I've heard, Argentina is going into another period of hyperinflation, which is going to mean less money to spend on tennis clothing.

It is too bad Argentina is run by economic imbeciles, as the country is otherwise a nice place.

niktub 11-05-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borrelli (Post 6996315)
Definitely interested in seeing these. For the most part their shoes have been hideous looking in the past. Hopefully they come out with something subdued and classic but with performance in mind..

they made a copy of the Breath free 2 that was really sexy

corners 11-05-2012 03:28 PM

Not good. Add the feet to Delpo's list of injuries. Li Ning is rubbish.

ValCrew 11-05-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ico (Post 6993808)
That's pretty surprising. Delpo is Nike's third biggest men's
tennis star and the two ahead of him might not be long for the sport. I'll take this report with a grain of salt.

delpo good company to dwyane wade.
China enslaves the world

stringertom 11-06-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValCrew (Post 6997617)
delpo good company to dwyane wade.
China enslaves the world

$$$ talks! Sports apparel is only the tip of the iceberg...Lenovo taking over IBM's PC is a prime example of how the West is caving.

I liked JMDP's shirts from Nike...maybe another young gun fills the void. Janowicz is a candidate.

Bartelby 11-06-2012 12:25 AM

He's a slam winner so that makes him valuable.

brooker 11-06-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corners (Post 6997001)
Not good. Add the feet to Delpo's list of injuries. Li Ning is rubbish.

Not true! Don't be so biased. I tried the Li-Ning tennis shoes. It is as good as Nike, at least in terms of comfort and stability.