Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tips/Instruction (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Being a Tennis Pro (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444908)

PrimeChoice 11-05-2012 09:36 AM

Being a Tennis Pro

I am a tennis pro.
I do not like being a tennis pro.
It's a dirty job.
I would like someone to recognize that I have a Finance Degree and give me a GOOD job.

tennis_balla 11-05-2012 10:26 AM

Explain "dirty job"?

cluckcluck 11-05-2012 10:45 AM

You're a tennis pro? A choice you made I'm sure.

dominikk1985 11-05-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_balla (Post 6996385)
Explain "dirty job"?

ever watched the show "desperate housewives"?:lol:

tennis_balla 11-05-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dominikk1985 (Post 6996493)
ever watched the show "desperate housewives"?:lol:

No, but I know what you mean. You have a choice however in those situations, just like anything in life. Been there lots of times.

Coach Chad 11-05-2012 01:48 PM

You have to go get a job in finance if that is what you want to do. You must take the initiative.

Headshotterer 11-05-2012 02:31 PM

The nature of the world is that only the best can succeed. Most of us are average joes. While this means winning Grand Slams, becoming a top neurosurgeon, or even trying to get into that one school you dream of attending. There are different ways of expressing your passion, your desire to have an impact in this world.

3fees 11-05-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimeChoice (Post 6996258)
I am a tennis pro.
It's a dirty job.
I would like someone to recognize that I have a Finance Degree and give me a GOOD job.

With a finance degree you could be a stock broker,,however, buy some body armour--when the markets tank(bear)-your clients will want your head on the platter..,:)

Mick3391 11-05-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

I am a tennis pro.
It's a dirty job.

Sales is always a good job, if you get the right job, and they are available no matter how bad the economy is, but most don't want it.

The truth is that a good salesperson can make as much money as a Doctor, a Lawyer, anyone. The thing about sales is that you have as much training and experience than anyone, talk about a "Natural", everyone is with every conversation.

SFrazeur 11-05-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

I am a tennis pro.
It's a dirty job.

I am as well and I love my work and life. If you do not love being a Tennis Pro and do not see yourself doing it then you REALLY need to quite. You are potentially wasting your student's time with sub-par instruction and taking away student's from Tennis Pros who actually want to develop them.

-SF

NLBwell 11-05-2012 09:48 PM

If you are a tennis pro, you should love your job. You really need to enjoy it to do a good job. A lot of it is how you relate to your clients.
In finance, if you don't really love your job you can still work hard and do a good job.
Go get a finance job.

ps. No one who has a job easier than a coal miner has a dirty job. We can do without tennis pros or finance majors, without coal miners society would completely fall apart.

PrimeChoice 11-06-2012 07:52 AM

I remember this one time, I had a glass of wine with Patrick Rafter, he really seemed to enjoy life. Some of us are not gifted or special in any way. Although some may say my skills are above average, I say par at best.

So Mick, I like how you think. A banker can be a slave to the wage any day of the week. Only a few will have the drive and natural cognitive thought process to unlock their "genius". Others will in turn, fall by the wayside...

As for myself, the book is not yet finished.

PrimeChoice 11-06-2012 08:01 AM

my grandfather was a coal miner & my other grandparents were farmers.
Thing are not so simple now.
Any as far as having an affair goes, well that never works. Why? I guess some people cant keep their mouth shut.

When I used to play "good" tennis I was into peaking. Now I just practice my one handed backand and feed balls. I DON'T EVEN USE A 1 HANDEDER IN MATCH PLAY!

I do care about my students & feel I give good instruction. I try not to get too deep.

NLBwell 11-06-2012 09:18 AM

If you do care about your students, what do you not like about your job? Do you feel it is not worthwhile? Do you not make as much money as you want? Do you feel obligated to use your degree? Do you have a passion for finance and feel that you aren't really doing what you want?
Figure out what you really want to do. Then feel good about every step you take toward that goal.

PrimeChoice 11-06-2012 10:37 AM

It's raining right now so I guess I'll go dig for gold. Gotta go look for a job. All the hot girls are at the nice club. I really wish we had some indoor courts.

sureshs 11-06-2012 10:50 AM

Out of the 3 tennis pros in my club, I know that 2 of them never finished high school. A finance degree should take you into another career. But the problem is that there are way too many people with economics/finance/business management degrees and employers can pick from the topmost schools. But the longer you delay, the more un-jobworthy you become. The usual trick is to find a friend who has a small business and arrange with him to show up once in a while for free so that you can claim that you were always a financial consultant.