Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Head IG Instinct: Grip shape (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444910)

Andreas1965 11-05-2012 09:51 AM

Head IG Instinct: Grip shape
 
Hi guys,

now the Instinct went on sale at several shops here, so finally I would like to demo the frame, it seems to be in my range of preferred specs (with a leather grip and some lead).

But if the frame has the rectangular Head grip shape I won't like it and I don't know if I'm willing to go the pallet-change-way again (did it with all my prestiges once). Speed pallets would cost me another 25$ per racquet (and I would need three frames).

So: rectangular or round grip??

Thank you!!

Dgdavid 11-05-2012 10:22 AM

i had an IG Instinct in the UK in the UK and it was the squarer grip (same as IG Speed MP).

Anton 11-05-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andreas1965 (Post 6996294)
Hi guys,

now the Instinct went on sale at several shops here, so finally I would like to demo the frame, it seems to be in my range of preferred specs (with a leather grip and some lead).

But if the frame has the rectangular Head grip shape I won't like it and I don't know if I'm willing to go the pallet-change-way again (did it with all my prestiges once). Speed pallets would cost me another 25$ per racquet (and I would need three frames).

So: rectangular or round grip??

Thank you!!

IG Instinct has Wilson like grip shape - you'll like it. I wish they did that for all their rackets.

jjl 11-05-2012 12:55 PM

i disagree, i have an IG Instinct and it definitely has the usual Head rectangular grip shape. The new Extremes' grips are rounder like Wilsons.

Andreas1965 11-05-2012 10:19 PM

Ok, the majority seems to vote for Wilson like grip shape.
Are the pallets changeable like Prestige?

jjl 11-06-2012 04:27 AM

IG Instinct grip:
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/HTIGI-3.JPG

Prestige MP grip:
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/HYIPMP-4.JPG

BLX PS 6.1 95 grip:
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/WPS95-3.JPG

You judge for yourself. The Instinct MP has the same shaped grip as the Prestige MP. It's one of the reasons I initially bought the Instinct, I like the rectangular Head grip shape. I ended up switching to the Extreme MP, that racket's grip is a bit squarer like Wilson grips. Why don't you hold an Instinct MP yourself to see for yourself?

Andreas1965 11-06-2012 04:55 AM

Because I have no shop nearby that has the frame. Ordering a demo would cost me some money, money I could save if the grip shape is like Prestige.

Dgdavid 11-06-2012 05:06 AM

Might be a regional thing but the Instinct is definitely squarer than the Prestige. Even in jjl pictures he kindly posted, the Instinct looks squarer (relative length of bevel 2).

Snaab 11-06-2012 05:51 AM

AFAIK only the Speed frames are using the Speed pallets, I've looked at the Instinct frames and they share the standard rectangular pallets of Head's Prestige and Radical lines.

Racquet Daddy 11-06-2012 07:45 AM

^^ Unless something's changed with the 2013 racquets, I was also under the assumption that all Head racquets have rectangular grips except the Speeds. I've played with the Radicals, Extremes, Prestiges and Speeds.

Dgdavid 11-06-2012 02:04 PM

Hmmm, I wonder if my memory is a bit off because it was my first time with a larger Grip 4 and would have felt a bit fuller in my hand. Better ignore my earlier posts just in case!

Anton 11-07-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjl (Post 6996788)
i disagree, i have an IG Instinct and it definitely has the usual Head rectangular grip shape. The new Extremes' grips are rounder like Wilsons.

I have IG Intinct as well, I got it brand new from TW.

I also own a IG Prestige MP, which I specifically customized to have a more square shape like the Instinct.

Anton 11-07-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racquet Daddy (Post 6998211)
^^ Unless something's changed with the 2013 racquets, I was also under the assumption that all Head racquets have rectangular grips except the Speeds. I've played with the Radicals, Extremes, Prestiges and Speeds.

...but not IG Instinct :)

Racquet Daddy 11-07-2012 05:26 PM

Ok - this is mind bottling. I'm a Prestige guy, so I am always swapping to the TK82S (aka "Speed") pallet. You guys are telling me that I can pull them from a new Instinct or Extreme now? I'm gonna need to see pics of pallets to confirm all this.

Andreas1965 11-07-2012 10:53 PM

Confusing.
I wrote an email to Head Germany, unfortunately no answer until yet.

I'm afraid I'll have to order a demo and see for myself. 10

Anton 11-09-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racquet Daddy (Post 7001368)
Ok - this is mind bottling. I'm a Prestige guy, so I am always swapping to the TK82S (aka "Speed") pallet. You guys are telling me that I can pull them from a new Instinct or Extreme now? I'm gonna need to see pics of pallets to confirm all this.

Yes, not sure about IG extremes, but IG Instinct has TK82S pallet.

Personally I use RPNY pallet on my Prestige, I like it even more then 82S

Andreas1965 11-10-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton (Post 7004304)
Yes, not sure about IG extremes, but IG Instinct has TK82S pallet.

Personally I use RPNY pallet on my Prestige, I like it even more then 82S

Now I can confirm Anton's post:

today I received a demo and culdn't resist to pull off the basegrip a little bit.
Pallet says TK82S

So thank god they gave these frames the round grip.

Racquet Daddy 11-10-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton (Post 7004304)
Personally I use RPNY pallet on my Prestige, I like it even more then 82S

I actually put an RPNY pallet on my PC600 - love it.

Well, you guys just blew my mind with this IG Instinct pallet business.

SteveI 01-19-2013 11:57 PM

So..... whats the answer? Seems like the S pallet might be a UK issue? I just ordered one. I will pull the grip and see what is installed on mine.

srvnvly 01-20-2013 05:19 AM

It seems square/ round in shape; definitely not rectangular. I wish Head would use it for the Radicals.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse