Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Denis Kudla String Setup. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444931)

Roger Wawrinka 11-05-2012 01:01 PM

Denis Kudla String Setup.
 
Hey guys, I have asked this in another thread but I just saw a picture of him playing in a challenger he it looks to me that he is using natural gut in the mains with black code in the crosses. Can anyone confirm this? Also, if anyone knows the tension that would be great.



R.W

stringertom 11-06-2012 04:05 AM

I strung for him Spring '10...IIRC he was full ALU Power then @ 60# in a 18x20. If he's gone nattie/poly that's a huge change but should help him if he's reduced overall tension to reap the gut's playability.

db10s 11-06-2012 05:09 AM

Drak should know.... Kudla was at Delray IIRC. I was a ballboy for Kudla; didn't see the strings though.

Roger Wawrinka 11-06-2012 08:33 AM

Okay, Thanks guys, anyone else know?

Logic Dude 11-06-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Wawrinka (Post 6998288)
Okay, Thanks guys, anyone else know?

Saw this in a thread in response to you.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bash and Crash (Post 6991417)
Kudla was using full black code at 44lbs, two piece, according to the guy who strung it up.


F. Perry 11-07-2012 08:36 AM

Anyone ever use Black Code at a similar tension?

aussierocks 11-14-2012 04:13 PM

Believe he is using a new TF string...poly that does not lose tension.

Doubles 11-14-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussierocks (Post 7016835)
Believe he is using a new TF string...poly that does not lose tension.

That's not true.

Bash and Crash 11-14-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussierocks (Post 7016835)
Believe he is using a new TF string...poly that does not lose tension.

Unless he just switched to it, he was using Black Code about a month ago, had the reel in my hand.

Murrayalmagrofan 11-21-2012 04:39 PM

Not sure if he was using Black Code at the Charlottesville Challenger (early Nov), but his racquets were strung with a black string.

I found the following info about his racquet from an interview he did with Tennis.com:

Quote:

Kudla’s Racquet Specs (Unstrung + leather grip)

RACQUET: Tecnifibre T-FIGHT 325 VO2Max
WEIGHT: 339g / ~12 oz.
SWINGWEIGHT: 298
BALANCE: 30.8 cm / ~8 pts. HL
Link: http://www.tennis.com/gear/2012/07/g.../#.UK2CTmdKXPx

Logic Dude 11-21-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F. Perry (Post 7000514)
Anyone ever use Black Code at a similar tension?

When I tried it, it helped alleviate some of the horrible feel, but it still felt plasticky to me.

aussierocks 11-25-2012 06:00 PM

New Razor Code comes in black and blue. Plays like black code, little stiffer but keeps its tension.

F. Perry 11-30-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logic Dude (Post 7028418)
When I tried it, it helped alleviate some of the horrible feel, but it still felt plasticky to me.

Thanks. Mind telling me your racket/preferred string? I had Black Code in my VO2 325 and really liked it... I will definitely try it again, but I'm still experimenting. Still need to try gut, too.

Logic Dude 11-30-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F. Perry (Post 7039841)
Thanks. Mind telling me your racket/preferred string? I had Black Code in my VO2 325 and really liked it... I will definitely try it again, but I'm still experimenting. Still need to try gut, too.

I've been using the original rebel 95. I really love Signum pro poly plasma hex at around 40 or 42. I believe I tried the black code at 42. It just didn't feel right to me.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse