Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   JUICE 100 - String? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445133)

arun_mrk 11-07-2012 01:07 PM

JUICE 100 - String?

I recently bought a Juice 100 and I have been experimenting with different string....So far I used these 2 hybrid strings
1. Klip detonator
2. Alu Power Rough w/ NXT Max.

I like the KLIP better

JUICE 100 users - can you suggest what strings works well for you? I would like to tryout

Ross K 11-07-2012 01:14 PM

Playing with this frame tomorrow for the first time. Checking out Tour Bite/N.Vy, so will let you know how I like it!

WileyCoyote 11-07-2012 02:59 PM

The first choice for me so far is Wilson 16 Natural Gut Mains with ALU Rough 16L Crosses, the Wilson Champions Choice package. Mains 50, Crosses 48.

This comes after several experiments with full bed premium multis like Xcel and NXT as well as full bed Wilson and Pacific gut.

Lots of power and no fraying at all so far I think because the ALU is so slick everything slides easily. Also the mains are always snapped back in place for the same reason.

Your mileage may vary, batteries not included.

Harry

sandiegoman 11-08-2012 10:31 PM

Savage lime

JackB1 11-14-2012 06:47 AM

trying KB Pro Evolution with Nvy crosses

Ross K 11-14-2012 01:34 PM

Have to say I'm pretty happy actually with TB/N.Vy in the J100. Lots of pop, spin, control. It's a bit on the firm/stiff side perhaps. Anyhow, I'll look at a few different string set ups just to get a better idea of things (still very new to this frame), but, yes, I'm a fan of this set up.

Anyone else "on the juice" care to share their string experiences?

JackB1 11-14-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross K (Post 7016530)
Have to say I'm pretty happy actually with TB/N.Vy in the J100. Lots of pop, spin, control. It's a bit on the firm/stiff side perhaps. Anyhow, I'll look at a few different string set ups just to get a better idea of things (still very new to this frame), but, yes, I'm a fan of this set up.

Anyone else "on the juice" care to share their string experiences?

What is your tension on that set up, Ross.
Mine was full poly pro Evo at 53 pounds and it felt way to firm and stiff. Next I'm going to try poly and NVY crosses at 50/52 pounds.

Ross K 11-14-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackB1 (Post 7016589)
What is your tension on that set up, Ross.
Mine was full poly pro Evo at 53 pounds and it felt way to firm and stiff. Next I'm going to try poly and NVY crosses at 50/52 pounds.

^ 50/54.

I'll actually be looking at full Alu tomorrow in my second J100.

Saosin 11-27-2012 07:44 AM

I had my Juice 100 strung with Bab Pro Hurricane in the mid 50s, (the stringer used the blue version so it matched the frame, quite cool but also quite ******y); it played pretty well - lots of spin and still powerful even at a slightly higher tension, maybe too much but I actually think that's because this frame perhaps has too much pop for my game. I do enjoy the noticeably easier production of spin and power though compared to my usual Bab Aero Storms. With this setup I have noticed my kick serve kicking much higher and had the satisfaction of seeing several opponents struggle to deal with this, my volleying is also much crisper and positive.

Those strings broke on Sunday typically just as I was starting to get dialled in play some of my best tennis with it. Anyway, I'm having it restrung with more Pro Hurricane at a slightly higher tension to see if I get can get more control. Would like to try some Alu Power in it soon though.

Ross K 12-04-2012 10:22 PM

Anyone else care to share their experiences/thoughts here?...

Have recently played with Pacific Gut/MSV @ 52/48 lbs. Unfortunately this has been too powerful for me.

Also have next string job ready to be played with - Poly Pro Tour @ 47 lbs, but I'm fearing that's going to play like another rocket launcher.

Thus far I've preferred Tour Bite/N.Vy @ 50/54 lbs best. Full Lux @ lower 50's was good too, much as you'd expect. Think I may go full TB next string job. Generally though, yes, I need to be more aware and make allowances re the big power this frame possesses.

BTW having checked out a few lead set ups, I'm also now looking at this frame stock.

neil1b 12-05-2012 07:01 AM

Rpm blast team at 46 pounds. I string for several players at my club and this is a great combo if you don't have a hard fast swing.

I have also had good luck with MSV co focus hex at 50-53

JackB1 12-05-2012 06:34 PM

I am liking Pro Evolution / Nvy at 51/55

zapvor 12-05-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_mrk (Post 7001021)
I recently bought a Juice 100 and I have been experimenting with different string....So far I used these 2 hybrid strings
1. Klip detonator
2. Alu Power Rough w/ NXT Max.

I like the KLIP better

JUICE 100 users - can you suggest what strings works well for you? I would like to tryout

mistake! get the steam!

parasailing 12-05-2012 08:37 PM

VS Team natural gut/Wilson/Prince natural gut mains and Kirschbaum Evolution crosses is a good setup for this particular racquet.