Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   References (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Norman Chang wastes your time (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445195)

ollinger 11-08-2012 10:02 AM

Norman Chang wastes your time

He contacts me about a racquet that retailed for 195 strung that I'm selling for 85 in excellent condition. Can you go lower, he asks. Make an offer, I reply. 65, he suggests. I'll split the difference at 75, I retort. He seems pleased and asks again if that includes shipping. Yes it does, I reply. And then he disappears. Not the most eggregious behavior ever, to be sure, but I'm so weary of these guys who pretend to negotiate in good faith, get what they asked for, then never respond. It's poor behavior, and they deserve negative feedback for it.

jjs891 11-08-2012 10:16 AM

It's happened to me several times from various people.

More common than you think.......not worth getting upset over it.

Just let it go.

ollinger 11-08-2012 12:21 PM

^^ I'm really not upset about it, it's happened to me any number of times where people have said "I'll take it" and then they disappear. But I've decided that sort of thing is legitimate feedback on what it's like to deal with people; this sub-forum is filled with "Executioner was great to deal with" feedback, let's balance it a little with some of the disingenuous behavior, if that's what some people are going to do.

ollinger 11-08-2012 12:27 PM

(note: I think this sort of feedback serves a useful purpose. I've had occasion to put up for sale a racquet that's in great demand. Suddenly I've got four people who all want to buy the racquet. I'd like to be able to find out if any of those guys is apt to string me along for two days, as Mr. Chang did, when I might be losing the opportunity in those two days to sell to someone who's sincere about buying it.)

jjs891 11-08-2012 03:13 PM

It makes sense now. In your context this might be helpful as I also have experienced similar deals.

I have dealt with many great members here to more than offset a few of these not so pleasant ones as well.

Fearsome Forehand 11-08-2012 03:21 PM

Flakes aren't scammers but they should still be outed IMHO. Does this fellow have a user name and email address?

This sort of thing is why I concluded some time back that buying and selling here is, generally, not worth the hassle. I simply don't suffer fools well enough to trade here very much. Selling here is particularly burdensome.

The auction site is more immediate, has a better feedback system, etc. Much better experience overall. Plus, there are just far too many kids on this board.

SteveI 11-08-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 7003334)
Flakes aren't scammers but they should still be outed IMHO. Does this fellow have a user name and email address?

This sort of thing is why I concluded some time back that buying and selling here is, generally, not worth the hassle. I simply don't suffer fools well enough to trade here very much. Selling here is particularly burdensome.

The auction site is more immediate, has a better feedback system, etc. Much better experience overall. Plus, there are just far too many kids on this board.

Nothing to add to this....nice to the point, accurate post.

Joeyg 11-09-2012 06:13 AM

I have noticed that on almost all of my deals here (and I have done them for a very long time) that there is always a few that will try and low ball you. No problem with that, although it is a bit annoying to be expected to respond to some of the silly offers I have received.

That being said, it is very annoying to agree to someone's terms and then have them go away after you thought you had a deal. I, for one, am glad that this person has been identified.

ptho1128 11-09-2012 07:14 AM

Thanks Ollinger. Since "Mr. Change" hasn't respond, he's guilty as described. Pathetic and a loser.