Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Clarke Poly Power Pro (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445249)

Stringers 11-08-2012 08:08 PM

Clarke Poly Power Pro

Has anybody used this string? And what do you think of it? I got a couple sample packs of a variety of Clarke strings the past couple weeks but this one peaks my interest. I just put RPM Blast in my racquet right before I got the samples, and have a pack of string I've been asked to play test on the way too. So it will be a while before I get to try it out.

Since Clarke gave me a couple packs one of my hitting partners volunteered himself to try it out haha. Anyways, I strung it up for him last night.

Stringing the Poly Power Pro it felt very soft for a polyester. I could be wrong but I don't think this string would be tough on the arm. But I am curious as to how the durability/tension maintenance hold up.

Anyways, was just curious as to what y'all thought about the string. Hopefully I'll be able to post some thoughts after a while.

Thanks!

cluckcluck 11-08-2012 08:22 PM

Quick search on google pulled up this review: http://www.tennisthis.com/tennis-str...pro-17-review/

Sounds like a decent poly...where can I get a set?

Stringers 11-09-2012 08:36 AM

I got an email from Clarke Distributing but their website is www.clarkesportstennis.com.

cluckcluck 11-09-2012 08:38 AM

I'll have to check them out for sure. Which one is it in the picture, blue or red? Awesome pic by the way.

Stringers 11-09-2012 09:14 AM

Thanks! They're both PPP. They sent me red and blue sample sets so I did half and half.

sansaephanh 11-09-2012 10:21 AM

you missed a weave... lol jk! sounds interesting! thanks for the info

Stringers 11-09-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansaephanh (Post 7004574)
you missed a weave... lol jk! sounds interesting! thanks for the info

haha I was going to say I didn't think so. Thanks!

Kenzik 11-09-2012 08:08 PM

It's a really nice string. Although I've only tried about 10 different kinds of strings, this is my favorite one. I'm trying out the Clarke Pit Viper which is an okay string for me but I still prefer the Poly Power Pro. People who have used the Poly Power Pro compared it to ALU Power and PHT. Really soft so it's quite easy on the arm and the tension maintenance was average to me. It's also really cheap!

VanillaBean 11-09-2012 08:14 PM

I know clarkes...

Clarkes is based in Houston since ive visited it once to buy this exact string to try out. I can't give any useful information since I strung it too high but it cost around $4 a set and under $40 a reel since I last checked. Many colors available. Ill eventually string another set at a lower tension, say 48, to get a feel for it but this might not be for a while.

cluckcluck 11-18-2012 07:21 AM

Hey OP, what did your friend think of the strings? Looking forward to his/her feedback.

Stringers 11-18-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cluckcluck (Post 7022767)
Hey OP, what did your friend think of the strings? Looking forward to his/her feedback.

I actually don't know yet haha. We didn't get to hit last week and I think he's going out of town this one. So it may be a while before I find out :/

Drew24 11-18-2012 07:38 PM

So is there a shop located in Houston? I'm interested in this string now..

cluckcluck 12-18-2012 12:12 PM

Bumping this one.

I have a set, that I have yet to get in my racquet.

Anybody try it out, thoughts?

Stringers 12-18-2012 03:08 PM

My friend I strung it for really really likes it. I still have yet to play with it. I've got several other sets I'm wanting to play with when my current break, but eventually... haha.

Let me know what you think!

swfh 03-14-2013 01:51 PM

Bump! any updates?