Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dont You Think This Is Taking This A Bit Too Far? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445280)

El Nino 11-09-2012 07:23 AM

Dont You Think This Is Taking This A Bit Too Far?

Few days ago I watched a mini orange match while I was hitting with a friend of mine. The first junior who had one aluminium babolat racket, was waiting for his opponent. As the opponent showed up he was had a:
- FIVETEEN pack Federer Wilson bag With his name sewn on
- SEVEN Wilson Blades (26inch)
- MiCoach Barricades 7's With the Speed_Cell
- Nadal Us Open Crew 2012
- Two Reels Some sort of Lux Strings
-Resistance Bands

So everyone was intrigued by the sight of this boy and his dad was
calling him the 'Futurestar'. His boy who was waiting for this 'little pro' was pretty much wetting himself. They began to warm up in the boxes and 'little pros dad' was glancing at his son. They began the match and little pro was bopping, jumping like bartoli as he was about to serve. He double faulted 4 times in the first game and had a beginner like lollipop serve. I stopped watching until the last moment of the match. I found out that the score was 4-0 3-0 to little pros opponent in just under a half hour. I also saw little pro was a newbie that had o been playing for 1 year. He was choking up the grip on his FH and couldnt even keep the ball in. He also had no BH whatsoever. Anyway, little pro got double bageled and his dad was such a saw loser after and that his son had a flu (he seem pretty fine)

What was so odd is that Junior parents kit their kids in the latest stuff and want their kids to be pro-like. It was like seeing Jan Silva without any talent at all (Little pro even got a massage and a warm down after losing) What to any people think about this?

Power Player 11-09-2012 07:28 AM

DB parents creating DB kids..get used to it. It's a direct result of the Dragon shirt guy/overtanned minidress girl relationships of the late 90s/early 2000s.

tball2day 11-09-2012 07:40 AM

Ha, was he also sporting a headband instead of a cap? Another clear sign. There will always be those displaying so much on the outside to cover inadequacies on the inside. His 16th bday present will be a bmw535. Nice car.

WARPWOODIE 11-09-2012 07:49 AM

All form, no substance....at least he went down in "style" ;-)

woodrow1029 11-09-2012 07:49 AM

nevermind..

El Nino 11-09-2012 07:49 AM

Yep he had one of those Adidas Headbands. He Looked like Ferrer/Monaco!

El Nino 11-09-2012 07:53 AM

@Woodrow1029
Using an iPhone to type on these forums can be very tough.

El Nino 11-09-2012 08:02 AM

The Dad was hyping his son up like Don King. Saying watch out,my boys the Next best thing etc.

coaching32yrs 11-09-2012 08:22 AM

This is wrong on so many levels. They are ruining the kid. Spend as little as possible. My kids played with holes in their shoes and hand me down racquets. Most of their lessons were with Joe the Wall. He fit my price range.

Power Player 11-09-2012 08:26 AM

My dad made me use a wooden racquet in the 1990s until finaly getting me a prince 100 when I made a usta team..lol. Of course he used a t2000 in the same era and then finally switched to a wilson hammer.

jigglypuff 11-09-2012 09:30 AM

We could use a picture here :)

sureshs 11-09-2012 09:42 AM

^^^ No pictures of juniors please without their parents' permission.

RF20Lennon 11-09-2012 09:46 AM

some parents feel that Racket and clothing is what makes a player. Hours and hours of training and gym are just extra

Number1Coach 11-09-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Player (Post 7004109)
DB parents creating DB kids..get used to it. It's a direct result of the Dragon shirt guy/overtanned minidress girl relationships of the late 90s/early 2000s.

ending up having "every top" college wanting to recruit your player when your and uneducated "no high school diploma",never played the sport of tennis, learned from video to teach his kid and still having a good 2 years to go before a decision if he wanted that route , My question to you what have you done that comes close?

tball2day 11-09-2012 11:27 AM

Derail alert.

Number1Coach 11-09-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tball2day (Post 7004584)
Derail alert.

thats the awesome thing about blogs when people hide behind their screen names and take cheap shots then I think its fun to derail .

Bash and Crash 11-09-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 7004579)
ending up having "every top" college wanting to recruit your player when your and uneducated "no high school diploma",never played the sport of tennis, learned from video to teach his kid and still having a good 2 years to go before a decision if he wanted that route , My question to you what have you done that comes close?

I could be wrong but I read DB parent and DB kid as meaning D Bag and not the other DB we are used to.

Power Player 11-09-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

thanks Bash & Crash..thought that was obvious.

I think you misread but if you want to be email me ill be happy to tell you what I have done in my life if you are really that interested..lol.

Awkward :/

arche3 11-09-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

You read wrong lol. DB is not your db.

klu375 11-09-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Player (Post 7004619)
thanks Bash & Crash..thought that was obvious.

I think you misread but if you want to be email me ill be happy to tell you what I have done in my life if you are really that interested..lol.

Awkward :/

You need to be extra careful in this subforum full of very sensitive people. Now I expect BB start deleting his posts and sending goodbyes.