Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What to do with my broken heart? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445360)

sansaephanh 11-10-2012 09:11 AM

What to do with my broken heart?

I can't seem to find any peace of mind. It hurts to see her constantly with someone else. flirting and stuff. I know I'm just being a pansy about it, but it doesnt change the fact that it hurts. Alot. I'd hate to say it, but tennis can't even distract me from how cute she is. That smile kills me man.

stringertom 11-10-2012 11:13 AM

Download some old Bee Gee's tunes, in particular one titled "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart". Time heals all wounds...years from now you will laugh about how "hurt" you are now. Way too many fish in the sea...

LeeD 11-10-2012 11:56 AM

why do you think they invented the strip bars and the girls who work there?
Go check it out.

ollinger 11-10-2012 12:18 PM

It is all part of The Lord's infinitely mysterious plan whereby terrible things happen to decent people for absolutely no reason at all. Find comfort in this.

stringertom 11-10-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeD (Post 7006369)
why do you think they invented the strip bars and the girls who work there?
Go check it out.

That industry is the most pure of definitions for "redistribution of wealth". Anyone willing to subsidize the hooahs and their handlers deserves to be separated from their cash. Instead, fly to Amsterdam and walk the Red Light District for professionally thorough treatment!

LeeD 11-10-2012 12:32 PM

hey Sansae....
Seriously...
Join the CalSailingClub for 75 bucks, 3 months. You learn to sail, windsurf, and meet more girls than you can count.

r2473 11-10-2012 12:34 PM

I've slept with 25,000 women

LeeD 11-10-2012 12:35 PM

Yeah, you and Wilt.

struggle 11-10-2012 12:37 PM

Don't sweat it, she's batshit crazy anyhow. They all are.

Mick 11-10-2012 12:46 PM

the cure is to find a better looking gf than the last one but it's not easy to find this cure :(

Hood_Man 11-10-2012 12:49 PM

Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day your body rejected it and you died.

:(

Dedans Penthouse 11-10-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansaephanh (Post 7006121)
I can't seem to find any peace of mind. It hurts to see her constantly with someone else. flirting and stuff. I know I'm just being a pansy about it, but it doesnt change the fact that it hurts. Alot. I'd hate to say it, but tennis can't even distract me from how cute she is. That smile kills me man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stringertom (Post 7006309)
..... Way too many fish in the sea...

^^^This

norbac 11-10-2012 01:36 PM

Purchase Rod Stewart's new Christmas album "Merry Christmas, Baby", listen to it twice and await further instruction.

Power Player 11-10-2012 01:55 PM

Go out and meet other girls. You will still think about her for a bit, but your confidence will go back up and you will realize there are better options out there.

Worst thing you can do is sit around thinking about it.

stringertom 11-10-2012 02:09 PM

Man, what I would give to be young and living in the East Bay area today...there's got to be so much skirt to chase you might not ever get back on the tennis court until you can play USTA age bracket tourneys!

The mindset you need to adopt is that she made the flawed decision in dumping you...ergo, go enjoy that new-found freedom!

LeeD 11-10-2012 02:20 PM

You got that picture right!
EastBay, there is UCBerkeley, BerkeleyCC, Mills, colleges. Outdoor programs are going year round. You have snowboarding clubs, ski clubs, kayak clubs, sailing and windsurfing, and every girl wants to learn to kiteboard.
Year round tennis, botanical gardens, and all the surrounding NationalParks.
Even a geezer can luck into a g/f here.

Sentinel 11-10-2012 07:34 PM

http://youtu.be/Py3qW5HAg8U

sansaephanh 11-12-2012 12:24 AM

haha glad you guys are having fun with it! Feeling a bit better, but since when did a good laugh and a few hugs help not help.

Lol Leed, I'm going to follow your example! Actually met a nice latina that might be able to cure my woes... Best part? She plays tennis haha!

All said and done, I gotta grow some balls and accept that it wasn't right anyways and get a move on life!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin! - Shawshank Redemption

stringertom 11-12-2012 03:45 AM

Glad your perspective has become more far-sighted! And if the next one yanks you around too (and she will) the scar tissue you develop from the breakups is actually healthier for you the thicker it gets.

Tmano 11-12-2012 04:16 AM

Try to focus on the important things for now....I know it's hard! Going out helps too a lot especially being around good friends.Talking about saying here is anothr one that I tried to translate all thought it could not make much sense to you but here it is" a door just closed a bigger one will open soon"