Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   NXT vs. Xcel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445374)

Roger Wawrinka 11-10-2012 12:55 PM

NXT vs. Xcel

Hey guys, which of these do you think is the better Multi-string? Or if you have another Multi that you think is better post it here.

Thanks, R.W

MikeHitsHard93 11-10-2012 01:05 PM

Like both of them a lot. Incredibly similar...PPA is right up there for me as well.

mikeler 11-10-2012 01:44 PM

NXT is stiffer. Xcel Premium is way better IMO.

Volley123 11-10-2012 02:14 PM

I am playing with NRG 2 in my Volkl Pb 1 and I like it @ 57 lbs. Very soft and arm friendly after it settles in I have another PB coming with NXT. I can then compare those two.

Ross K 11-10-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeler (Post 7006450)
NXT is stiffer. Xcel Premium is way better IMO.

How about Xcel V N.Vy then? :)

mikeler 11-10-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross K (Post 7006504)
How about Xcel V N.Vy then? :)

Still have not tried N.Vy

LanEvo 11-10-2012 03:15 PM

They are both similar to me, although I prefer the XCel bc it starts off soft right off the stringer. With NXT, they are stiffer, so you have to break them in a bit and then they start softening up as tension drops or when you start wearing through the coating to fray.

Mick3391 11-10-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Wawrinka (Post 7006365)
Hey guys, which of these do you think is the better Multi-string? Or if you have another Multi that you think is better post it here.

Thanks, R.W

All I'm ever going to use, unless it's summer, it NXT Control, I just don't see any flaws. It's durable, has touch, power, spin, I don't see anything lacking.

They say at TW that it was the 3rd highest rated string, and I agree, I can't keep changing to this and that, going off anecdotal evidence.

I am lowering the tension a bit, but that has nothing to do with the string, with all of the complicated set ups, I don't think anything is that better than Wilson NXT control, can do anything with it.

Summer time comes Gut.

MikeHitsHard93 11-10-2012 04:31 PM

I have tried NVy as a cross but never full bed. Reciprocal for the xcel. So I cant really say

Brocolt 11-10-2012 05:35 PM

I prefer the excel just by a little but hands down for the price the discho multifibre is the best. I have tried hundreds of strings and I am settling with the discho

Ramon 11-10-2012 06:38 PM

I never tried Xcel. I tried NXT, and I liked it, but the durability was poor and it's overpriced. There are much better multis for less money, and natural gut is a better value because of its durability.

mikeler 11-11-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brocolt (Post 7006794)
I prefer the excel just by a little but hands down for the price the discho multifibre is the best. I have tried hundreds of strings and I am settling with the discho

Discho is very similar to Xcel.

Roger Wawrinka 11-11-2012 08:35 AM

^^Thanks for the reply's, you guys really helped me a lot. :)Mikeler, I read your multi's list and number 4 was Tecnifibre x-one biphase, how do you think that compares with nxt and xcel?

Also, I see that the xcel premium is no longer sold and has been replaced with another xcel, is the new xcel just as good?

R.W

Francis27 11-11-2012 08:39 AM

N.Vy is good too i prefer Xcel though.

NLBwell 11-11-2012 09:01 AM

I like NXT Max. The wearguard wraps make it much more long-lasting. It is is stiffer string than regular NXT, which I like. I get good power and spin with my old Black Aces and POG. I put poly in my newer rackets.

mikeler 11-11-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Wawrinka (Post 7007676)
^^Thanks for the reply's, you guys really helped me a lot. :)Mikeler, I read your multi's list and number 4 was Tecnifibre x-one biphase, how do you think that compares with nxt and xcel?

Also, I see that the xcel premium is no longer sold and has been replaced with another xcel, is the new xcel just as good?

R.W

X1 is the best multi for the first couple hours but then turns into a trampoline after that. I did not know Xcel Premium had been discontinued.

heartattack 11-11-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Wawrinka (Post 7007676)

R.W

planning of using multi? me too, just this winter season.

Roger Wawrinka 11-11-2012 04:48 PM

Well I am a fan of all poly myself, but this is actually for a friend of mine. He asked me what I thought was the best multi. Although, I would also like to know for my self what you guys think is the best:)

mikeler 11-12-2012 06:11 AM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=352048

Tennusdude 11-12-2012 07:54 AM

Personally I think xcel is the best for me. A good amount of people I play with prefer Gamma Professional but only in 17g or 18g. It is surprisingly durable in both gauges especially for a multifilament. I also find that several people who prefer using Babolat VS Gut prefer Gamma Professional in their spare (rain) racket.

Its seems to me that NXT is preferred by players who are looking for a bit more control in a multi.

I have heard that Technifibre X-one biphase is popular.
Again they seem to prefer 17g and even 18g which is actually marketed as a squash string.