Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   When Fed is aggressive he's unbeatable (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445450)

Mick3391 11-11-2012 12:37 PM

When Fed is aggressive he's unbeatable
 
It's not just me saying this, I've heard many "Experts" say that when Fed mixes it up, chip and charge, serve and volley, play baseline, he confuses these guys and tears them to pieces.

Saw that with Djokavich in Cincinnati, and today second set he DESTROYED Murray at the net!

It's my opinion that the baseliners are great baseliners, but can't handle true all court playing, I mean it wasn't even close. When Fed hangs back, it seems to be a matter of "Who makes the most mistakes", but when he takes it to them they get confused, they never know if it's going deep or short, and when Fed is at the net his reflexes and experience take over.

He's 31, ancient in Tennis years, but when he's aggressive he just shakes up these baseliners, confuses them and takes them out of their game.

Mustard 11-11-2012 12:39 PM

The 2006 Dubai final says otherwise.

smoledman 11-11-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustard (Post 7008662)
The 2006 Dubai final says otherwise.

Wow, 1 data point from 6.5 years ago really proves your point. Did Federer kill your dog?

Totai 11-11-2012 12:40 PM

This court also helps Fed play his ll court game. The lower bounce helps him not get pushed back on his backhand wing, and also he is able to be aggressive with his back hand.

The Bawss 11-11-2012 12:41 PM

Ok can we please calm down. Federer was losing that match, lucked out in the tiebreak then Murray played like the mental midget he really is and made 30 UEs to hand Fed an easy victory. Some ****s need to get a grip.

tennis_pro 11-11-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustard (Post 7008662)
The 2006 Dubai final says otherwise.

Federer was injured.

Agassifan 11-11-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7008681)
lucked out in the tiebreak .

Did you even watch the match? Did you see that amazing rally in the TB?

The Bawss 11-11-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agassifan (Post 7008688)
Did you even watch the match? Did you see that amazing rally in the TB?

Of course I watched it.

Totai 11-11-2012 12:45 PM

Fed never loses when he wins, just like nadal.

RF20Lennon 11-11-2012 12:46 PM

Fed had luck on his side but he played a lot better than yesterday!

Netspirit 11-11-2012 12:46 PM

30 is the age when the spine loses flexibility and the blood vessels in it start to get "fossilized" with calcium (so the spine essentially starts to die and this process is irreversible until the very death of the human).

The muscles lose their ability to contract explosively, the brain loses its reaction time, the eyeball muscles begin to degenerate which decreases the ability to track fast-moving objects, the vision itself gets worse, and the stamina is depleted much sooner than during the peak 16-26 age.

The fact that Federer can still hang on with the young and best players in the world is remarkable. The fact that he even beats them from time to time is a biological anomaly.

RF20Lennon 11-11-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totai (Post 7008704)
Fed never loses when he wins, just like nadal.

FACT :cool:

okdude1992 11-11-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7008681)
Ok can we please calm down. Federer was losing that match, lucked out in the tiebreak then Murray played like the mental midget he really is and made 30 UEs to hand Fed an easy victory. Some ****s need to get a grip.

TB was good. 2nd set Murray collapsed. that 1-1 game was terrible. 3 BH UE's in a row

smoledman 11-11-2012 12:48 PM

Mustard is a pure troll.

okdude1992 11-11-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netspirit (Post 7008714)
30 is the age when the spine loses flexibility and the blood vessels in it start to get "fossilized" with calcium (so the spine essentially starts to die and this process is irreversible until the very death of the human).

The muscles lose their ability to contract explosively, the brain loses its reaction time, the eyeball muscles begin to degenerate which decreases the ability to track fast-moving objects, the vision itself gets worse, and the stamina is depleted much sooner than during the peak 16-26 age.

The fact that Federer can still hang on with the young and best players in the world is remarkable. The fact that he even beats them from time to time is a biological anomaly.

Geez it's not like he is 60. Fed's in great shape for 30, but there are lots of other pros who are still playing well at that age. Look at David Ferrer, playing the best tennis of his life at 30. Tommy Haas is 34, and still top 20!

Mustard 11-11-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7008728)
Mustard is a pure troll.

What are you on about now? The 2006 Dubai final was a classic case of "punching yourself out". Federer was over Nadal like a rag doll in the first set, showing a lot of aggression, and looked certain to hit the killer blow in both the second and third sets, but Nadal hung in there and managed to deliver the knockout blows himself. Federer was really annoyed when he lost. Then he calmed down and a nice chat with Nadal at the side of the court as they awaiting the trophy presentations.

Federer can lose when he's very aggressive. That match proved it. Now please chill out. Federer is doing fantastic in these World Tour Finals, and has a chance to win it for the seventh time tomorrow, which would be remarkable.

Gonzo_style 11-11-2012 12:52 PM

When Karlovic serving 80% first serve he's unbeatable

smoledman 11-11-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netspirit (Post 7008714)
30 is the age when the spine loses flexibility and the blood vessels in it start to get "fossilized" with calcium (so the spine essentially starts to die and this process is irreversible until the very death of the human).

The muscles lose their ability to contract explosively, the brain loses its reaction time, the eyeball muscles begin to degenerate which decreases the ability to track fast-moving objects, the vision itself gets worse, and the stamina is depleted much sooner than during the peak 16-26 age.

The fact that Federer can still hang on with the young and best players in the world is remarkable. The fact that he even beats them from time to time is a biological anomaly.

Fed's spine is dying? :confused:

kalyan4fedever 11-11-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7008681)
Ok can we please calm down. Federer was losing that match, lucked out in the tiebreak then Murray played like the mental midget he really is and made 30 UEs to hand Fed an easy victory. Some ****s need to get a grip.

i concur with this. :)

The Bawss 11-11-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustard (Post 7008748)
What are you on about now? The 2006 Dubai final was a classic case of "punching yourself out". Federer was over Nadal like a rag doll in the first set, showing a lot of aggression, and looked certain to hit the killer blow in both the second and third sets, but Nadal hung in there and managed to deliver the knockout blows himself. Federer was really annoyed when he lost. Then he calmed down and a nice chat with Nadal at the side of the court as they awaiting the trophy presentations.

Federer can lose when he's very aggressive. That match proved it. Now please chill out. Federer is doing fantastic in these World Tour Finals, and has a chance to win it for the seventh time tomorrow, which would be remarkable.

Come on. "Remarkable" for an achievement like that? If Fed wins tomorrow it would imply a quasi-certainty that we will not see that record surpassed in our lifetimes.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse