Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I will never have such low expectations for Federer again (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445455)

tennis_pro 11-11-2012 02:12 PM

I will never have such low expectations for Federer again

I think all the Fed fans agree. Before the match even started. I was 100 % sure that Fed would lose to Murray but even though he played crap in the last 2 matches he still found form just in time.

This really is a lesson to be learned. Such champions never go down easily in big matches, especially on a surface that suits their game. Federer proved once again today that he can never be ruled out.

Not sure if tomorrow he comes in as the favorite but he definitely has a chance, a pretty decent one I'd say.

RF20Lennon 11-11-2012 02:14 PM

Yes i thought Murray would win this for sure too but im so happy i was wrong

TheF1Bob 11-11-2012 02:16 PM

GOD you ******s are a broken record.

"OMG FED WAT U DOIN!??!?!"

"WOW FED IS DA SEXI YEAHHHHH!!!!!"

Attention seeking $%&* the lot of ya.

forzamilan90 11-11-2012 02:25 PM

^^prepare another excuse just in case SOG loses tomorrow

Prisoner of Birth 11-11-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 7008826)
I think all the Fed fans agree. Before the match even started. I was 100 % sure that Fed would lose to Murray but even though he played crap in the last 2 matches he still found form just in time.

This really is a lesson to be learned. Such champions never go down easily in big matches, especially on a surface that suits their game. Federer proved once again today that he can never be ruled out.

Not sure if tomorrow he comes in as the favorite but he definitely has a chance, a pretty decent one I'd say.

I always thought Federer had a 40% chance, which is more than sizable. I also thought Federer is more likely to beat Djokovic than Murray on this surface this year. I'll say it's 50-50 tomorrow against Djokovic.

Sid_Vicious 11-11-2012 02:50 PM

I agree. This is one thing we have to give Romeo and Russeljones props about.

They don't give up on Roger.

Romeo is probably a happy camper after winning that bet.

cc0509 11-11-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheF1Bob (Post 7008838)
GOD you ******s are a broken record.

"OMG FED WAT U DOIN!??!?!"

"WOW FED IS DA SEXI YEAHHHHH!!!!!"

Attention seeking $%&* the lot of ya.

Nervous about Nole's chances tomorrow huh? ;)

corners 11-11-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

LOL, going into the match I favored Fed to come through in a tough match. But after the first several games I thought, "Uh oh, this is what it looks like when Fed finally does lose it to old age." Even when my head knows he's still got it, my Federbear heart fears for the day when he no longer does. :)

zagor 11-11-2012 04:02 PM

Fed's pretty unpredictable these days, you just don't know which version will show up.

Mainad 11-11-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zagor (Post 7009148)
Fed's pretty unpredictable these days, you just don't know which version will show up.

However, he's remarkably consistent at the WTF. This is the 3rd year in a row he's made the final.

I rather think Djokovic is looking a bit unstoppable. He's won every single one of his matches this week and dropped only 2 sets along the way!

Prisoner of Birth 11-11-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mainad (Post 7009170)
However, he's remarkably consistent at the WTF. This is the 3rd year in a row he's made the final.

I rather think Djokovic is looking a bit unstoppable. He's won every single one of his matches this week and dropped only 2 sets along the way!

Federer's dropped just 2 sets, too :)

Mainad 11-11-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 7009195)
Federer's dropped just 2 sets, too :)

Yes, but he lost a match. ;)

InspectorRacquet 11-11-2012 04:32 PM

I definitely thought that Federer was going to lose. The first three games were horrendous. But he somehow picked it up once the tiebreak started.

Prisoner of Birth 11-11-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mainad (Post 7009215)
Yes, but he lost a match. ;)

Yeah, he just happened to lose the wrong 2nd set ;)

roundiesee 11-11-2012 05:03 PM

I missed the match due to the time difference, but was pleasantly surprised by the result this morning; did Roger play well, or was it a case of Murray not performing to expectations?

Prisoner of Birth 11-11-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundiesee (Post 7009297)
I missed the match due to the time difference, but was pleasantly surprised by the result this morning; did Roger play well, or was it a case of Murray not performing to expectations?

Federer played pretty bad the first 3 games, allowing Murray to go up a break (the 1st game of the match was a break). He then sort of settled down a bit but Murray was still dominating till the score got to 2-4. The 7th game was on Federer's serve and this is where the match started to turn around. Federer got some good shots in, drew some confidence, and had a great service game. He then broke Murray's serve to get back on serve at 4-4. It was a really tight battle then for the first set, with both players playing well, but Federer won 7-5 in the tiebreaker. The second set was served to Federer on a silver platter by a shanking Murray.

tennis_pro 11-11-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundiesee (Post 7009297)

The first set was typical Murray-Federer in a best-of-3 on a hard court. Until Federer broke to level at 4-4 in the first set. He started to compose himself a bit more, made few errors (but rarely went for his shots), Murray on the other hand turned himself into an error machine as the match went on, by the end of the match he was spraying his groundies all over the place.

I expected everything but a straight set win for Federer, you have to see it to believe it.

roundiesee 11-11-2012 05:35 PM

Thanks guys! Will try to catch a replay of the match today.

akv89 11-11-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

The thing is though, this has happened on multiple occasions before. Whenever Federer has been down in an early round of a major (e.g. Haas at FO 09, Berdych at AO 09, Davydenko at AO 10, Benneteau at Wimbledon this year), fans jump ship and exclaim their disappointment at Federer losing the match. You would think people would have learned their lesson and appreciated Federer's resilience. Considering this hasn't changed, I expect threads like "Federer will never win WTF/Wimbledon/major/matches against top 4" types of threads will keep popping up from some Federer "fans."

gplracer 11-11-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zagor (Post 7009148)

I think this sums it up. The bottom line is that he is not done yet!