Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TV Shows (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445488)

TennisLovaLova 11-11-2012 11:18 PM

TV Shows

My top list

Top 5, no specific order
OZ, Sopranos, Six Feet Under, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men

Next, no specific order also
The Shield, Lost, Arrested Development,

Watching it right now:
Strike Back, Modern Family, Sons of Anarchy, Boss, Mad Men

What are you guys watching at the moment?
What do you advise to watch?
(please let's not start a conversation about Homeland as I consider it pure garbage for many reasons: bad acting, bad script, incoherent story, passive racism, etc.)

Say Chi Sin Lo 11-12-2012 12:11 AM

The Walking Dead

TennisLovaLova 11-12-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7010149)
The Walking Dead

isnt that the zombie show everyone is talking about?
how good is it?

Big_Dangerous 11-12-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisLovaLova (Post 7010215)
isnt that the zombie show everyone is talking about?
how good is it?

It's good man! Initially I was a little skeptical especially because my friend used to complain about how at times it was slow developing, but after watching the first season earlier this year and then getting caught up on the second season a couple months back, I'm hooked. I've been recording each episode so far this season. It's definitely worth a watch.

I don't really have a top 5 list per se, but here are some shows I really like:

Burn Notice, Walking Dead, Suits, The League, White Collar, Royal Pains

ramos77 11-12-2012 03:41 AM

Watching The Walking Dead now.

Pretty bloody awesome, it's like being in a nightmare...

Faves are Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Generation Kill and The Wire.

ollinger 11-12-2012 07:51 AM

The OP finds racism in "Homeland" offensive but was fine with "The Sopranos." Merciful heavens!! That's why I stick to "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" -- cooks of all ethnicity are featured prominently. Still waiting for a black Iron Chef, though; can't believe Marcus Sam uelsson didn't make it in the last competition.

rdis10093 11-12-2012 08:03 AM

californication is fun.

stringertom 11-14-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Dangerous (Post 7010303)
It's good man! Initially I was a little skeptical especially because my friend used to complain about how at times it was slow developing, but after watching the first season earlier this year and then getting caught up on the second season a couple months back, I'm hooked. I've been recording each episode so far this season. It's definitely worth a watch.

I don't really have a top 5 list per se, but here are some shows I really like:

Burn Notice, Walking Dead, Suits, The League, White Collar, Royal Pains

Love to have a cup of yogurt and watch Michael and his crew fix Miami's problems one by one!

I also like Southland, a truly gritty police drama in which the cops are very human and facing personal hurdles many of us in society have to deal with.

gavna 11-14-2012 06:24 AM

Walking Dead, SOA, American Horror Story - Asylum, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter - are all great with he current seasons.......can't wait for Justified to start this month, can't go wrong with Elmore Leonard characters down in the holler!

Walking Dead season 3 has been off the charts and with the changes they have been making from the original comics make it even better as really have no idea what the hell with happen next.
American Horror Story - Asylum even wackier and batass crazy than season 1!

Andreas1965 11-14-2012 06:26 AM

Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
The Shield
Game Of Thrones
Big Bang Theory

I loved Lost, but since it's over, I almost forgot about it. Same with 24.

rommil 11-14-2012 06:37 AM

Fringe....

sureshs 11-14-2012 06:39 AM

Destination Tennis (with Mayleen Ramey)

ArliHawk 11-14-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7015762)
Destination Tennis (with Mayleen Ramey)

The League and Big Bang Theory.

Chezbeeno 11-14-2012 08:13 AM

Chuck! My favorite show of all time, which was cut short for dumb reasons. Psych is good, although season 6 was a major letdown. The Mentalist is great, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel were both good as well. Scrubs is fantastic too, with the exception of season 9/ "Scrubs: Med School, which was an atrocity.

Chezbeeno 11-14-2012 08:13 AM

And of course Doctor Who, in case nobody could tell from my signature.

robbo1970 11-14-2012 08:21 AM

Criminal Minds (just waiting on S7 DVD on 26th November)
Big Bang Theory
King of Queens

krz 11-14-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 7010702)
The OP finds racism in "Homeland" offensive but was fine with "The Sopranos." Merciful heavens!! That's why I stick to "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" -- cooks of all ethnicity are featured prominently. Still waiting for a black Iron Chef, though; can't believe Marcus Sam uelsson didn't make it in the last competition.

Mother of God. Guy Fieri (however you pronounce it) is awful!

Food Network has replaced almost all their real Chefs with random personalities (though props for adding Alex Guarnaschelli recently.) They rehash the same old concepts. 40 dollars a day now they got that dumb sandwhich guy trying to eat on 24 dollars a day. If I want to watch a travel and eat show I'll watch Bizarre Foods or No Reservations.

Though I still like Iron Chef America no matter how corny it is. I'll stick to Top Chef for reality cooking and BBC for cooking shows, they've had many good ones lately. How to Cook Like Heston [Blumenthal] and Gordon Ramsay(F Word, Specials) on BBC is nothing like he is here in the states. Even PBS had Avec Eric [Ripert]

and the most evil of them all Sandra Lee(prepackaged queen) and Rachel Ray who I'm pretty sure only knows how to cook sammies(burgers)...

/end rant hahaha

krz 11-14-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rommil (Post 7015757)
Fringe....

I wasn't sure how I felt at the beginning of this season but, now it's starting to get good again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArliHawk (Post 7015765)
The League and Big Bang Theory.

BABY JEFFREY FOREVER UNCLEAN!

Ruxin is the best character on that show.

The only major gripe I have with the show is how realism, there is absolutely no way in hell any of those guys who be able to get wives that hot.

NickC 11-14-2012 10:31 AM

24 was cool for a while, but then it sucked after the first half a dozen seasons. I tried to get into Mad Men, watched about 12 episodes, then realized it was pretty stupid and glamorized the corporate lifestyle, which isn't a good thing in this day and age.

I don't watch TV shows anymore, nothing good is on these days. I keep being told to watch something called The Walking Dead, but apparently it's about zombies, which I find to be boring.

El Diablo 11-14-2012 11:35 AM

^^ Mad Men was intended to lampoon the "corporate lifestyle," showing the lack of social mobility in corporate structures, the alienation that leads to alcoholism, the lack of values.......