Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Barring the seperation of his parents, is it impossible for Nadal to lose at RG? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445510)

RAFA2005RG 11-12-2012 06:23 AM

Barring the seperation of his parents, is it impossible for Nadal to lose at RG?

1 loss so far, and the separation of his parents was the cause. So how many losses will Nadal experience at Roland Garros over the next 5 years? Is he too talented to lose, barring a catastrophic distraction?

2012 convinced me its impossible for Nadal to lose. He was at 50% health, lived on painkillers, faced Djokovic (Did you know Djokovic had beaten Nadal in 3 straight slam finals prior to RG?) and still only dropped one set. No man has ever ruled a surface more than Nadal. 81 straight wins on clay.

Djokovic will never get a better shot at Nadal than 2012. Djokovic took Nadal's heart out for 3 straight slams, and it counted for NOTHING at Roland Garros. And who steps up to challenge Nadal after Djokovic?

joeri888 11-12-2012 06:25 AM

jerzy Janowicz??!! ;)

ollinger 11-12-2012 06:30 AM

Is it impossible for the OP to grow up?

Clarky21 11-12-2012 06:34 AM

Man this troll just never takes a day off.

Goosehead 11-12-2012 06:34 AM

no its not impossible for rafa to lose but...

its the best chance the others have ever had to defeat him at rg..after his injury will his level be as high again ??..

we will wait and see :) the needle on the vamos-ometer will twitch again.

Clarky21 11-12-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeri888 (Post 7010544)
jerzy Janowicz??!! ;)

You do know that clay is not indoor hardcourt,right? I guess you have hitched a ride on that bandwagon as well. Lol.

Goosehead 11-12-2012 06:37 AM

a comeback by bjorn borg will stop rafa in his tracks..then he will defeat federer in the final to join rafa on 7 french opens :twisted:

joeri888 11-12-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7010565)
You do know that clay is not indoor hardcourt,right? I guess you have hitched a ride on that bandwagon as well. Lol.

Hence the ';)'. Hell will freeze over before Janowicz wins a set of Nadal on clay.

tennisaddict 11-12-2012 06:41 AM

7 posts and no one thought of Rosol ?

Nathaniel_Near 11-12-2012 06:46 AM

Probably impossible, though Borg would have had his way with Nadal and easily too. In this era though, Nadal is almost impossible to beat on clay providing that he is at peace with the situation of his family.

zam88 11-12-2012 06:57 AM

are you going to jump off a bridge if he has a Rosol moment on Clay in like 3 years?

were you considering it after the Soderling loss?

Hitman 11-12-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7010542)
1 loss so far, and the separation of his parents was the cause. So how many losses will Nadal experience at Roland Garros over the next 5 years? Is he too talented to lose, barring a catastrophic distraction?

2012 convinced me its impossible for Nadal to lose. He was at 50% health, lived on painkillers, faced Djokovic (Did you know Djokovic had beaten Nadal in 3 straight slam finals prior to RG?) and still only dropped one set. No man has ever ruled a surface more than Nadal. 81 straight wins on clay.

Djokovic will never get a better shot at Nadal than 2012. Djokovic took Nadal's heart out for 3 straight slams, and it counted for NOTHING at Roland Garros. And who steps up to challenge Nadal after Djokovic?

Here is my reply. Was Djokovic's grandpa passing away the only reason that he lost to Nadal, when he was owning him on every surface? Once his grandpa died, it effected Djokovic and Nadal took advantage. What this shows to me is that until barring such a tragic loss, far greater than a divorce, a mentally stable Novak ruled the bull, at least Nadal's parents are healthy and alive, and still very much a part of his life. While Djokovic's grandfather, who looked after him when he was a boy during war, left him forever....

Such a pathetic thread, when you think about it.

(Sorry to the genuine Nadal fans, but sometimes you give a troll what he wants).

Jackuar 11-12-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

1 loss so far, and the separation of his parents was the cause.

ROFLMAO..... What has that got to do with God-mode so-darling giving a pre-Rosol moment? (Or is that Rosol giving a post-soderling moment...? Whatever....)

Quote:

So how many losses will Nadal experience at Roland Garros over the next 5 years? Is he too talented to lose, barring a catastrophic distraction?

Yeah, talented to lose.... Only Nadal can do that...

Quote:

2012 convinced me its impossible for Nadal to lose.

Did you miss the dawn of 21st century, which coincided with the rise of legend Federer? Because you're still late by 3 years... 2009 already proved otherwise....

Quote:

He was at 50% health, lived on painkillers, faced Djokovic (Did you know Djokovic had beaten Nadal in 3 straight slam finals prior to RG?) and still only dropped one set. No man has ever ruled a surface more than Nadal. 81 straight wins on clay.

Honestly, I won't argue here... he is one of the greatest for sure but you're exaggerating it too much in the first half.

vive le beau jeu ! 11-12-2012 07:19 AM

A frying pan, frypan, or skillet is a flat-bottomed pan used for frying, searing, and browning foods. It is typically 200 to 300 mm (8 to 12 in) in diameter with relatively low sides that flare outwards, a long handle, and no lid. Larger pans may have a small grab handle opposite the main handle. A pan of similar dimensions, but with vertical sides and often with a lid, is called a sauté pan or sauté. While a sauté pan can be used like a frying pan, it is designed for lower heat cooking methods such as sautéing.

Fig.1: A grey-furred stainless steel frying pan (early adult developemental stage).

Rock Strongo 11-12-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vive le beau jeu ! (Post 7010644)
A frying pan, frypan, or skillet is a flat-bottomed pan used for frying, searing, and browning foods. It is typically 200 to 300 mm (8 to 12 in) in diameter with relatively low sides that flare outwards, a long handle, and no lid. Larger pans may have a small grab handle opposite the main handle. A pan of similar dimensions, but with vertical sides and often with a lid, is called a sauté pan or sauté. While a sauté pan can be used like a frying pan, it is designed for lower heat cooking methods such as sautéing.

Fig.1: A grey-furred stainless steel frying pan (early adult developemental stage).

Ooh... I saw the skillet and now I want scallops! But weirdly, I can't for the life of me think of any suitable garnish!

veroniquem 11-12-2012 10:43 AM

It's not impossible but it hasn't happened yet. I guess it must be tougher to beat Nadal at RG than Fed at either Wimbledon or WTF.

Towser83 11-12-2012 10:45 AM

I thought he lost cos of his knees, but it was the seperation of his parents? Wow nadal some kind of a man child who can't play cos his parents split up when he was in his 20s?

Obviously Djokovic only lost MC, Rome and RG cos his grandfather died.

Fed lost everything in 2008 cos his pet hamster was sick.

Murray lost 4 slam finals because he had a bad hair day.

It's clear now.

Clarky21 11-12-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towser83 (Post 7011095)
I thought he lost cos of his knees, but it was the seperation of his parents? Wow nadal some kind of a man child who can't play cos his parents split up when he was in his 20s?

Obviously Djokovic only lost MC, Rome and RG cos his grandfather died.

Fed lost everything in 2008 cos his pet hamster was sick.

Murray lost 4 slam finals because he had a bad hair day.

It's clear now.

Actually there is some truth to that. I think he most likely would have won all 3 of those if not for his Grandpa's death. I think it messed with his head for a few months afterwards.

Ico 11-12-2012 10:55 AM

This is going to be a great thread to resurrect in 2013.

Towser83 11-12-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7011108)
Actually there is some truth to that. I think he most likely would have won all 3 of those if not for his Grandpa's death. I think it messed with his head for a few months afterwards.

You really think so?

I dunno, I mean it's one of those things where you can't know how much and how long it effected him so I can't make an excuse out of it. I do think it effected him at MC, maybe not afterwards but even if it didn't, MC turned the tide, and a loss could have destroyed Nadal mentally. So maybe it played a part.

On the other hand though Nadal played much better on clay this year than in 2011 where he looked nervous and lacking in concentration. I know you don't agree he was better this year but I think there was a definite improvement from last year. Also I think Novak looked pretty focused at RG, he just wasn't good enough.