Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Just realized something.... (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445552)

McEnroeisanartist 11-12-2012 11:30 AM

Just realized something....
 
As we all know, Federer is the only player to reach the finals of all four grand slams in consecutive years.

I just realized that Novak wouuld have achieved this in 2011-12 if it wasn't for.....Federer.

Clarky21 11-12-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McEnroeisanartist (Post 7011298)
As we all know, Federer is the only player to reach the finals of all four grand slams in consecutive years.

I just realized that Novak wouuld have achieved this in 2011-12 if it wasn't for.....Federer.



Well,thank goodness for Fed.

Gorecki 11-12-2012 02:07 PM

^where is your beloved Tomoaki?

Ico 11-12-2012 02:08 PM

Pretty safe to say he'll be in with a shot of defending his AO title.

Sabratha 11-13-2012 02:22 AM

Djokovic will achieve this at some point in his career. For example next year.

McEnroeisanartist 11-13-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7013763)
Djokovic will achieve this at some point in his career. For example next year.

Your saying that Djokovic is going to reach the next 8 straight grand slam finals? I don't see this happening.

Clay lover 11-13-2012 05:48 AM

it's still likely...

underground 11-13-2012 11:21 AM

OK so Fed will stop Djoker at the USO in 2013.

RAFA2005RG 11-13-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McEnroeisanartist (Post 7011298)
As we all know, Federer is the only player to reach the finals of all four grand slams in consecutive years.

I just realized that Novak wouuld have achieved this in 2011-12 if it wasn't for.....Federer.

That is nothing. Nadal won 3 straight slams in a Calendar Year (and on 3 different surfaces - clay, grass, hardcourt). The greatest achievement of all-time.

Sabratha 11-13-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7015163)
That is nothing. Nadal won 3 straight slams in a Calendar Year (and on 3 different surfaces - clay, grass, hardcourt). The greatest achievement of all-time.

What happened to Laver?

Sabratha 11-13-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McEnroeisanartist (Post 7013908)
Your saying that Djokovic is going to reach the next 8 straight grand slam finals? I don't see this happening.

I can see it happening with no competition around.

RAFA2005RG 11-14-2012 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7015287)
What happened to Laver?

Well, he won Roland Garros on clay, and the other 3 slams were on grass....

RAFA2005RG 11-14-2012 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7015288)
I can see it happening with no competition around.

Too bad he's going to have to face Murray in the semis of slams on a regular basis....

Sabratha 11-14-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7015592)
Too bad he's going to have to face Murray in the semis of slams on a regular basis....

Sadly, Murray won't be beating Djokovic in more than half their encounters. Djokovic will be moving onto the finals for eight straight slams.

Sabratha 11-14-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7015589)
Well, he won Roland Garros on clay, and the other 3 slams were on grass....

I can make excuses too.

2010 Wimbledon: Faced a mentally weak Berdych in the final.
2010 US Open: Faced a mentally weak and yet-to-peak Djokovic in the finals of the 2010 US Open after he struggled to get past Federer, who is pretty much cake for Nadal.

augustobt 11-18-2012 04:50 PM

And Novak Djokovic was the guy who stopped Federer from being on every single Grand Slam final for 4 straight years (2006-2009).

90's Clay 11-18-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augustobt (Post 7023559)
And Novak Djokovic was the guy who stopped Federer from being on every single Grand Slam final for 4 straight years (2006-2009).

Ouch... ROFLMAO. :)

TheNatural 11-19-2012 04:26 AM

who has stopped both Fred and Joker from winning 4 slams in a row?

Cup8489 11-19-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90's Clay (Post 7023565)
Ouch... ROFLMAO. :)

There's no ouch here, 18 of 19 finals. Fed fans don't care too much about AO 2008.

stringertom 11-19-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7015163)
That is nothing. Nadal won 3 straight slams in a Calendar Year (and on 3 different surfaces - clay, grass, hardcourt). The greatest achievement of all-time.

Well, let me get in my way back machine to remind you of a three-surface feat at one major...J.S. Connors reached the final of the USO five consecutive years on grass, clay and HC and won three titles, one on each!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse