Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Novak is so damn clutch. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445562)

The Bawss 11-12-2012 01:38 PM

Novak is so damn clutch.

The man doesn't feel tension. He doesn't get nervous or anxious. Novak is born to win. Roger is born to choke.

forzamilan90 11-12-2012 01:42 PM

He's a brave warrior no doubt

kragster 11-12-2012 01:46 PM

I think its funny how when I used to watch Nole back in the day, I would get so turned off by his ability to give up so quickly.

He has definitely matured. I would not put him above prime Fed or prime Nadal in clutchness yet though but hes certainly well on his way there.

Francis27 11-12-2012 01:46 PM

Novak threw his body everywhere on the court literally! He had a huge come back and i thought it would continue in the 3rd set. But some credit to federer he plays like hes in his 20's (hes 31) its amazing with all those aces he did and those unbelievable shots, i really hope he could still play longer because tennis is nothing with out him. Novak sacrificed his body, he got scrapes, bruises, and blood just to win the finals. Thats what you call a champ!!!

Murrayfan31 11-12-2012 01:47 PM

He's a beast. I'm so proud of him.

TheF1Bob 11-12-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrayfan31 (Post 7012404)
He's a beast. I'm so proud of him.

Is this me? :shock: :lol:

tennis_pro 11-12-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7012341)
The man doesn't feel tension. He doesn't get nervous or anxious. Novak is born to win. Roger is born to choke.

Dude, just get out. You're mad cause Federer lost - that's it.

Federer's one of the clutchest players ever. If he could take every chance he got in his career we could be looking at a player with 25 majors won, 40 Masters and 99 % of his matches.

Gonzo_style 11-12-2012 02:12 PM

Saved 3 SP vs Berdych and 2 vs Federer in WTFs, 5 MP vs Murray and 4 MP vs Tsonga!

Tony48 11-12-2012 02:18 PM

It's getting to be a little ridiculous how he saves set points and match points now. It's almost like he WANTS to do it.

kalyan4fedever 11-12-2012 02:18 PM

roger choked agree or not 3-0 up almost got hold of double break , serving for the set at 5-4 which i think he played better for most part reaching deuce on many games. so he definitely choked. any one who saw the match carefully can see it , great players too choke sometimes. anyways gud night its too late.

Hitman 11-12-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 7012469)

Federer's one of the clutchest players ever. If he could take every chance he got in his career we could be looking at a player with 25 majors won, 40 Masters and 99 % of his matches.

Agree. Why can't we just say that both have been great champions, and today was simply Novak's day?

Gonzo_style 11-12-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalyan4fedever (Post 7012605)
roger choked agree or not 3-0 up almost got hold of double break , serving for the set at 5-4 which i think he played better for most part reaching deuce on many games. so he definitely choked. any one who saw the match carefully can see it , great players too choke sometimes. anyways gud night its too late.

Djokovic almost choked in first set

The Bawss 11-12-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 7012469)

Yes I am mad that he let slip an opportunity to put his WTF title haul out of reach completely.

Fed WAS clutch. Not anymore. You want clutch? Look no further than Sampras, Nadal or Djokovic.

Prisoner of Birth 11-12-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7012623)
Yes I am mad that he let slip an opportunity to put his WTF title haul out of reach completely.

Fed WAS clutch. Not anymore. You want clutch? Look no further than Sampras, Nadal or Djokovic.

He's made the WTF final at 31. Just shut up already.

veroniquem 11-12-2012 02:24 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Novak's mental is unbelievable. Look at the way he took the USO match to a 5th. The guy can crack physically but he has an insane mental.

Murrayfan31 11-12-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 7012635)
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Novak's mental is unbelievable. Look at the way he took the USO match to a 5th. The guy can crack physically but he has an insane mental.

Yeah he is an unbelievable fight.

tennis_pro 11-12-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7012623)

Every "clutch" player declines FFS, what has Sampras done in 2001-2002 other than one fluked US Open aided by a paethetic draw and Agassi taking out Hewitt in the semis? Where was his clutchness?

My God you people make me sick sometimes. The fact that Federer made this match so competitive while not being enough consistent is a testimony to his greatness. Maybe Sampras seemed more clutch cause he didn't have huge expectations on his shoulders in every match like Federer has?

Man, Federer just had a year when he had a dead even 50 % h2h record against Djokovic, Murray and Nadal who are 5-6 years younger than him. Some people are impossible to please!

I understand you're dissapointed with the loss today (I am as well) but that doesn't give you the right to critisize Federer's effort. Nadal and Murray would get pummeled by Djokovic of today. Murray himself lost to Federer in straight sets while Nadal didn't even bother to play. So much for them being clutch.

tennis_pro 11-12-2012 02:39 PM

A second thought. Have you ever thought that maybe Federer is that inconsistent or goes for too much because he can't keep up physically with guys younger than him? He knows it perfectly well and has it at the back of his mind that if he doesn't straight set them (or lose 1 set max) he just won't last in the end. Also, Federer doesn't have the privilege of playing on ultra fast surfaces like Sampras has in his day so he can't jus throw in a serve or two to get out of trouble, Fed has to WORK HIS A** OFF in every point to win it. I wanna see Sampras clutchness at 31 years of age. He couldn't even beat freaking Bastl at Wimbledon, let alone Djokovic or Nadal on these slow surfaces.

TheF1Bob 11-12-2012 02:39 PM

Jesus Christ Bawss, calm down. You wouldn't see me crying, making pointless thraeds about pointless topics. Fed played well but Novak was more clutch on the big points today. Both guys made dumb errors and great winners. HELL... Novak choked the first set but of course, you don't remember that do you. :rolleyes:

power level 800 11-12-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony48 (Post 7012598)
It's getting to be a little ridiculous how he saves set points and match points now. It's almost like he WANTS to do it.

yeah, I'm starting to associate .