Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Will Federer Fall in a Tailspin? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445565)

Murrayfan31 11-12-2012 01:51 PM

Will Federer Fall in a Tailspin?

I think so. This was the tournament he was supposed to win. Djokovic took it away from him. Federer has got to be a headcase right now. Who knows if Fed ever comes back from this crushing defeat. I feel bad for the guy.

Prisoner of Birth 11-12-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrayfan31 (Post 7012438)
I think so. This was the tournament he was supposed to win. Djokovic took it away from him. Federer has got to be a headcase right now. Who knows if Fed ever comes back from this crushing defeat. I feel bad for the guy.

He made the final, so he can try to go one step further next year. I think Murray should consider retirement :twisted: by your twisted logic. He lost to Shanking Choking Olderer :)

kishnabe 11-12-2012 01:53 PM

There are some positives to Federer play in this match. He was trully bossing Djokovic around but in the big points he missed by millimeters.

Can't wait to bump this next year when he wins a significant title(ms1000/GS)

FEDERERNADAL13 11-12-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

I hope Fed responds like he did after losing to Djokovic at the USO 2011. If he can come back very strong like then, we could see Rogi lift the AO 2013 trophy!

(Wishful thinking on my part) :)

kishnabe 11-12-2012 01:54 PM

Also Murray the headcase right now....faliing in Tokyo, Shanghai and Paris with MPs.

Lost a winnable match against Federer yesterday....gave it away his cowardice after Federer broke back.

nikdom 11-12-2012 01:55 PM

Don't feed the troll.

Murrayfan31 11-12-2012 01:56 PM

Murray is still young though. Plenty of time for him to gain confidence again. But Federer always used the indoor season to gain confidnece for the rest of the season. This is the first time in a while that he can't do that. It's like Nadal losing on clay.

kaku 11-12-2012 02:00 PM

Not like he was serving for a GS title, Fed will be fine

Prisoner of Birth 11-12-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrayfan31 (Post 7012477)
Murray is still young though. Plenty of time for him to gain confidence again. But Federer always used the indoor season to gain confidnece for the rest of the season. This is the first time in a while that he can't do that. It's like Nadal losing on clay.

Federer's got 17 Slams and 6 YEC titles. More than enough to draw confidence from, wouldn't you say? Besides, he's at #2 for the year, above Murray who is at #3.

PS - LOL

chrischris 11-12-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

I value your opinion but i certainly dont share it.
Federer is very very close to be winning this match and it was in no real sense any gauge of a tailspin incoming for him.

tennisenthusiast 11-12-2012 02:13 PM

Federer will come back MUCH stronger and better...!

He is a true Phoenix!

Fire is still inside him.

DropShotArtist 11-12-2012 02:19 PM

On the contrary, that the match was once again on Fed's racquet at age 31 after playing 3 consecutive days, while Novak at his peak with a day of rest, says a lot. It took UE's on crucial points by old man Fed for Novak to win. It's the only way he could have won imo.

veroniquem 11-12-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

It's possible. Then again that's what people said when Nadal took Wimbledon from him in 2008. Of course, Fed is older now and no matter how much he wants to deny it, he will have to face the fact that the end of the journey is nearing sooner than later. The best have been there and he'll have to get there too.

Murrayfan31 11-12-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 7012608)
It's possible. Then again that's what people said when Nadal took Wimbledon from him in 2008. Of course, Fed is older now and no matter how much he wants to deny it, he will have to face the fact that the end of the journey is nearing sooner than later. The best have been there and he'll have to get there too.

Great post. Would read again.

Federer20042006 11-12-2012 02:43 PM

I'd be more concerned if I were Djokovic than Federer. He should be at his peak yet a tired 31-year-old was going toe-to-toe with him the whole match.

If Federer comes back refreshed next year, who knows...he might take the AO and have people thinking "he's going on another run" until he immediately cools off and struggles again, a la 2010.

But for Djokovic, he's slightly older than Federer was at this time in 2006, and he probably has a bit more mileage on him as well. Murray knows he can beat him, and it looks like Del Potro might start to believe he can as well.

TheF1Bob 11-12-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Federer20042006 (Post 7012696)
I'd be more concerned if I were Djokovic than Federer. He should be at his peak yet a tired 31-year-old was going toe-to-toe with him the whole match.

If Federer comes back refreshed next year, who knows...he might take the AO and have people thinking "he's going on another run" until he immediately cools off and struggles again, a la 2010.

But for Djokovic, he's slightly older than Federer was at this time in 2006, and he probably has a bit more mileage on him as well. Murray knows he can beat him, and it looks like Del Potro might start to believe he can as well.

Seriously, stop it. I'm sicked to death with this prime talk crap. Fed is Fed. Novak is Novak. They both have different paths to follow.

END OF DISCUSSION

monfed 11-12-2012 03:07 PM

I like Roger as much as the other Fed fan(not the pretentious "open-minded" Fed fans, you know who you are)(but guys like tennis_pro,vlbj,fed_rulz kishnabe,cheers folks you have my support ) but I have to put my hands up and say it's time to hang up his racquet, the man aint winning anything worth noting next season. Yes I do love watching him play, the guy is just so incredibly pleasing to the eye, but then these losses are too much...

Blowing a 40-15 5-4 lead on your best surface is just fracking atrocious. Please just retire already,Roger, you've had an unbelievable career!

veroniquem 11-12-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Federer20042006 (Post 7012696)
I'd be more concerned if I were Djokovic than Federer.

Lol, so there are Fed fans more in denial than Fed himself, how cute...
Djoko is not trying to have Fed's career. He's being himself and having a nice little career of his own. No need to be bitter about it.

RF20Lennon 11-12-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monfed (Post 7012787)
I like Roger as much as the other Fed fan(not the pretentious "open-minded" Fed fans, you know who you are)(but guys like tennis_pro,vlbj,cheers folks you have my support ) but I have to put my hands up and say it's time to hang up his racquet, the man aint winning anything worth noting next season.

Blowing a 40-15 5-4 lead on your best surface is just fracking atrocious. Please just retire already,Roger, you've had an unbelievable career!

I agree!! But i want to watch Federer play once before he retires :) and i want him to retire after winning wimbledon! it will be a great exit

JeMar 11-12-2012 03:20 PM

If there's one thing that's set Federer apart from your average tour player is just how quickly he can forget bad losses. The guy has great selective memory.