Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Winners and U/E stat from Djokovic vs Federer (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445654)

lidoazndiabloboi 11-13-2012 02:10 PM

Winners and U/E stat from Djokovic vs Federer
 
Does anyone have the stat for their match? The official ATP Ricoh stats dont include this. Thanks in advance.

psv255 11-13-2012 02:51 PM


lidoazndiabloboi 11-13-2012 03:00 PM

awesome thanks!

kOaMaster 11-13-2012 04:28 PM

I'd also be interested in "total points won/by set" - I had the feeling djokovic had won fewer points in the first set.

martini1 11-13-2012 07:42 PM

Fed UE is killing him! Also the 1st serve % is sort of low for him. I don't know his career avg but i would guess at least 65% 1St serve?

There is a news article saying Fed wants faster courts for the aggressive attacker. I agree with his logic but with the high UE I don't think he can put this one off. He will need twice as many winners?? That's a lot.

InvisibleSoul 11-13-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martini1 (Post 7015177)
Fed UE is killing him! Also the 1st serve % is sort of low for him. I don't know his career avg but i would guess at least 65% 1St serve?

Nope... actually, he was bang on. 62% is his career 1st serve percentage.

You can check it here: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Matchfac...px?c=1&s=0&y=0

psv255 11-13-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martini1 (Post 7015177)
There is a news article saying Fed wants faster courts for the aggressive attacker. I agree with his logic but with the high UE I don't think he can put this one off. He will need twice as many winners?? That's a lot.

Yes, there was an article saying Fed wants faster courts to suit attacking styles.
But you have to keep in mind that many of the UE's he makes now are, he claims, because of the slow courts and the ability of such great defenders like Novak & Andy to get back extra balls that would've been winners, or forced opponents' errors, on a faster surface. He wouldn't need more winners, because the great shots he claims to have hit should be sufficient.

Colin 11-13-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kOaMaster (Post 7014929)
I'd also be interested in "total points won/by set" - I had the feeling djokovic had won fewer points in the first set.

Yeah, I think it was 52% of points won for Fed in the first set, if I recall the scoreboard correctly, mainly because he tore through those first few games. It seemed like he was ahead till the very end, when Novak made his final big move, finally taking one more point.

It's a shame with these super-close sets that a match like this couldn't go three.

joeri888 11-13-2012 11:31 PM

Federer won 4 points more in the first set.

Slow courts, real slow, you can tell from the sets. Baseline winners were really rare.

martini1 11-14-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psv255 (Post 7015264)
Yes, there was an article saying Fed wants faster courts to suit attacking styles.
But you have to keep in mind that many of the UE's he makes now are, he claims, because of the slow courts and the ability of such great defenders like Novak & Andy to get back extra balls that would've been winners, or forced opponents' errors, on a faster surface. He wouldn't need more winners, because the great shots he claims to have hit should be sufficient.

That's a yes and no solution for his prob I think. Faster courts would give him more outright winners - kind of back to my point, he would have more winners. But on the UE side it is a double edge sword. So some of his winners would come back by a save, but not all points are perfect counterpunches. So that means on some of those balls that are back to Fed, if it is a faster court, he would have less time to hit it back to continue the point.

By the way he won Wimby, it is quite clear a "faster" surface may benefit him. He wants shorter points, less baseline play, more net play and more winners. But we know HC cannot be that fast or faster than grass. So he has to deal with the guys who loves to grind it out from the baseline and also good at defending and counterpunching. His movement may be slowing down. So his defending is slower too. Tough way to beat the other top 3 now.

underground 11-14-2012 11:34 AM

Novak only won 1 points more than Federer in the whole match. Tells you how important the big points are.

martini1 11-14-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underground (Post 7016163)
Novak only won 1 points more than Federer in the whole match. Tells you how important the big points are.

But outside of the stats Fed also choked the lead on the 2nd set end up losing in straight sets. But you are right, big points needs to be won to take games/sets. Fed had his chances.

TheF1Bob 11-14-2012 05:14 PM

I see the ******s took their lost well. :rolleyes:

kishnabe 11-14-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheF1Bob (Post 7016837)
I see the ******s took their lost well. :rolleyes:

You are no saint on this matter either. Remember Cincinatti and Wimbledon.

Federer was the better player in the WTF.....Djokovic just refused to give in. It hurts to know that Djokovic once was a coward with no balls.

veroniquem 11-14-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheF1Bob (Post 7016837)
I see the ******s took their lost well. :rolleyes:


Same old, same old...

veroniquem 11-14-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishnabe (Post 7016879)
Federer was the better player in the WTF..... .


Djoko was clearly the better player. That's why he didn't lose a match all week (despite a much tougher draw).

TheF1Bob 11-14-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishnabe (Post 7016879)
You are no saint on this matter either. Remember Cincinatti and Wimbledon.

Federer was the better player in the WTF.....Djokovic just refused to give in. It hurts to know that Djokovic once was a coward with no balls.

LOL talk about being bitter. :lol: And what about Wimbledon? Did I cried about it for days? NO just disappointed, same with Cincy.

Funny, you ******s were saying I would make excuses if Novak lost on Monday as well. :rolleyes:

kishnabe 11-14-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veroniquem (Post 7016913)
Djoko was clearly the better player. That's why he didn't lose a match all week (despite a much tougher draw).

Federer lead the first and second sets. He just needed to bring out his great serve. Unfortunate that games he got broken in....he could not buy a first serve.

Watch the match again....easily Federer played better. Djokovic was the better player overall in his 5 matches there. Federer only picked up form after dismantling Murray.

kishnabe 11-14-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheF1Bob (Post 7016936)
LOL talk about being bitter. :lol: And what about Wimbledon? Did I cried about it for days? NO just disappointed, same with Cincy.

Funny, you ******s were saying I would make excuses if Novak lost on Monday as well. :rolleyes:

I am not bitter...I am happy for Novak. He my 2nd favorite.....I am just speaking about what is obvious. Federer lost a winnable match

Netspirit 11-14-2012 06:55 PM

Every match is "winnable".

The serve is a part of the game. The fact that Federer "could not buy it" is not a valid excuse. Djokovic played a better WTF and outplayed Federer in the final. He fully deserves his second Masters Cup.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse