Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Head Microgel prestige Alternative (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445721)

Tmano 11-14-2012 10:07 AM

Head Microgel prestige Alternative MP

The title says it all.
However I need some help here because I'm thinking about switching racquet all though I don't really want.
Thought about the wilson k or blx blade tour but I have no idea how the play
Thank you

sunof tennis 11-14-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmano (Post 7016124)
The title says it all.
However I need some help here because I'm thinking about switching racquet all though I don't really want.
Thought about the wilson k or blx blade tour but I have no idea how the play
Thank you

What don't you like about your Prestige MP? There are numerous MPs out there so knowing what you are missing in your current stick can help us point you in the right direction.

Xonemains 11-14-2012 03:51 PM

maybe you need to join this club, its going gangbusters.

Diary of a Racketaholic

lol, try the ig range, its a lot smoother.

if you need comfort, then try the donnays

Tmano 11-14-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunof tennis (Post 7016678)
What don't you like about your Prestige MP? There are numerous MPs out there so knowing what you are missing in your current stick can help us point you in the right direction.

Well I actually really like it but I just discovered that the 3 stick I have are all over regarding the specs. different in weight ( about 6/7g )and balance (2/3 point).
I mainly always used the same racquet and never really cared about the backups but when a month ago I needed to use a back up it was totally different racquet than the one I always play with.
it might be only in my head but now I'm thinking about switching.
if it can help I'm a 4.5 and mainly a baseline player. I hit flat and with spin.

gonzalocatalino 11-15-2012 12:37 PM

As i have commented in your other thread, ive experienced a similar situation about the QC.

Ive played a variety of prestiges (fxps, mgs and youteks). The youtek MP was the best (a bit stiffer, but with a great crisp feel). Sadly, i wasnt being as consistent as i needed and my arm was suffering a bit the stiffnes.
By pure luck ive bought 3 C10 Pros from a guy i know.
With this particular racquet, im getting a great experience, ive raised the tension about 10lbs because is more powerfull (i used the prestiges in the high 40s and im using 60lbs with the c10) and i get the same control, but in a more comfortable pack.
Spin is about the same (im comparing it with the youtek mp) and also the swing speed.

Tmano 11-16-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzalocatalino (Post 7018341)
As i have commented in your other thread, ive experienced a similar situation about the QC.

Ive played a variety of prestiges (fxps, mgs and youteks). The youtek MP was the best (a bit stiffer, but with a great crisp feel). Sadly, i wasnt being as consistent as i needed and my arm was suffering a bit the stiffnes.
By pure luck ive bought 3 C10 Pros from a guy i know.
With this particular racquet, im getting a great experience, ive raised the tension about 10lbs because is more powerfull (i used the prestiges in the high 40s and im using 60lbs with the c10) and i get the same control, but in a more comfortable pack.
Spin is about the same (im comparing it with the youtek mp) and also the swing speed.

I tried the youtek a while ago and thought it was a bit stiff but I really tried for a few days with the black code string which I don't know if it's a stiff or soft.
As far as C10 I have no idea what it is.

gonzalocatalino 11-16-2012 05:17 AM

Volkl c10 pro