Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Tennis Software (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445745)

rschmidt 11-14-2012 02:23 PM

Tennis Software

Hello,

I'm a software developer as well as a 4.5 tennis player. I write software for Apple platforms as well as web apps. I'm looking to get into the tennis industry and researching what software I could write.

So, I'm wondering if there is a market or demand for tennis software out there. What apps do you wish there existed? Would you be interested in apps that kept score, charted matches and kept stats? What about keeping track of your tournament schedule and matches you've played and scouting reports on opponents, etc.

Thanks,
Rod Schmidt
infiniteNIL Software
www.infinitenil.com

Coach Carter 11-15-2012 08:02 AM

Tennis Trakker Pro app

Quote:

Originally Posted by rschmidt (Post 7016623)
Hello,

I'm a software developer as well as a 4.5 tennis player. I write software for Apple platforms as well as web apps. I'm looking to get into the tennis industry and researching what software I could write.

So, I'm wondering if there is a market or demand for tennis software out there. What apps do you wish there existed? Would you be interested in apps that kept score, charted matches and kept stats? What about keeping track of your tournament schedule and matches you've played and scouting reports on opponents, etc.

Thanks,
Rod Schmidt
infiniteNIL Software
www.infinitenil.com

Tennis Trakker Pro app on my iPhone and iPad have been good for stating matches while I coached. It was pretty in depth. As with any program, there definitely could have been things someone could have gone above and beyond (I had asked then numerous times to add a way to work in doubles, but no). I'd definitely love to beta test if you get to that point with some stat software for iPad or iPhone. Get in touch.

Chemist 01-05-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Carter (Post 7017814)
Tennis Trakker Pro app on my iPhone and iPad have been good for stating matches while I coached. It was pretty in depth. As with any program, there definitely could have been things someone could have gone above and beyond (I had asked then numerous times to add a way to work in doubles, but no). I'd definitely love to beta test if you get to that point with some stat software for iPad or iPhone. Get in touch.

I have also been using Tennis Trakker Pro app to track my son's tournament matches for over a year. It's easy to use and could capture most of the stats. However, I would like to see a few additions, (1) service points won (returner touch the ball or miss the returns); (2) unforced errors in returning serves; (3) approach points won; and (4) passing shots, winner, forced error or unforced errors.

My Tennis Stats 03-09-2013 05:32 AM

stat tracking app

Hey there! Sorry I'm late to the party, but I am the developer of an iPhone / iPad app called "My Tennis Stats" (and "My Tennis Stats HD" for the iPad).

It's my belief that MTS excels where Tennis Trakker falls short.

1 & 2 - we allow you to track returns, whether the returner hits a winner, forced error, or unforced error (no return)

3 & 4 - we allow you SHOW on a court where your approach shots were hit, where passing shots were hit, etc. Is a player double faulting into the net, wide, or long? Easy to tell with MTS. Where does a player serve when down break point? Again, easy to see with our court screens.

Oh, and we allow you to easily track statistics for all 4 players in a doubles match!

In all, we can track over 180+ different stats for each player with My Tennis Stats HD, with only a few simple taps on the device.

Please check out our website for more info: www.HDSoftwareTech.com and look under "our software".

Coach Carter 03-15-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Tennis Stats (Post 7260388)
Hey there! Sorry I'm late to the party, but I am the developer of an iPhone / iPad app called "My Tennis Stats" (and "My Tennis Stats HD" for the iPad).

It's my belief that MTS excels where Tennis Trakker falls short.

1 & 2 - we allow you to track returns, whether the returner hits a winner, forced error, or unforced error (no return)

3 & 4 - we allow you SHOW on a court where your approach shots were hit, where passing shots were hit, etc. Is a player double faulting into the net, wide, or long? Easy to tell with MTS. Where does a player serve when down break point? Again, easy to see with our court screens.

Oh, and we allow you to easily track statistics for all 4 players in a doubles match!

In all, we can track over 180+ different stats for each player with My Tennis Stats HD, with only a few simple taps on the device.

Please check out our website for more info: www.HDSoftwareTech.com and look under "our software".

I downloaded it for my iPhone and will check the app out when I get a chance. I like that it has doubles on it. I fiddled with it some after I downloaded. Not bad...potential.

My Tennis Stats 03-15-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

I downloaded it for my iPhone and will check the app out when I get a chance. I like that it has doubles on it. I fiddled with it some after I downloaded. Not bad...potential.
Great! We really hope you like it. Please let us know what you think, after testing it out. We are always looking for ways to improve it, as we know it's not perfect.