Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Nike comfort vs. Adidas durability (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445778)

mxmx 11-14-2012 11:45 PM

Nike comfort vs. Adidas durability

I have to get new shoes soon. I have been playing with adidas barracades 6.0 for quite some time now. I find them to be the most durable shoes i've ever played with, but also the most uncomfortable.

I am a toe dragger, and need protection on top of the toes especially. Very few shoes has this kind of protection where I live. Nike and adidas seem to be the only options i can consider...and the latest barracades do not even have the same toe protection as the 6.0's

Does anyone have experience on the durability of nikes in comparison to adidas?
And which would last better, nike courtbalistic, or nike vapor?

Alternatively, i should just get cheaper shoes and buy twice.

3fees 11-15-2012 07:10 AM

Nike vapors feature comfort and light weight-durability is the down side. If you rotate them they will last longer-no 6 month warranty,Vapor 9's have low arch support.

Adidas B7 are heavier, last longer and have 6 mos warranty.I have B7 and they fit well, medium arch support.

I also have a pair of Adidas Galaxy Elites(black and orange stripe colorway-orange inside) they are very foot comfortable and light weight,they are not in high demand though,medium arch support,cost me $50. no toe drag support, these are very good in wear also,,B8's should have the full foot support of these and adidas would be in orbit. Peeps notice these shoes and ask me about them, All reviews of these are positive.

:)

kimguroo 11-15-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmx (Post 7017336)
I have to get new shoes soon. I have been playing with adidas barracades 6.0 for quite some time now. I find them to be the most durable shoes i've ever played with, but also the most uncomfortable.

I am a toe dragger, and need protection on top of the toes especially. Very few shoes has this kind of protection where I live. Nike and adidas seem to be the only options i can consider...and the latest barracades do not even have the same toe protection as the 6.0's

Does anyone have experience on the durability of nikes in comparison to adidas?
And which would last better, nike courtbalistic, or nike vapor?

Alternatively, i should just get cheaper shoes and buy twice.

Vapor will not be the option because it does not have a good durability.
courtballistec has better toe protections than barricade but heel protection is much better for barricade.
When I use barricade, I will have a hole in toe area about 8 weeks and When I use CB, my heel will be worn out about 9 weeks.
If you don't have a heel problem, probably CB might be the best choice.

mxmx 11-16-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3fees (Post 7017714)
Nike vapors feature comfort and light weight-durability is the down side. If you rotate them they will last longer-no 6 month warranty,Vapor 9's have low arch support.

Adidas B7 are heavier, last longer and have 6 mos warranty.I have B7 and they fit well, medium arch support.

I also have a pair of Adidas Galaxy Elites(black and orange stripe colorway-orange inside) they are very foot comfortable and light weight,they are not in high demand though,medium arch support,cost me $50. no toe drag support, these are very good in wear also,,B8's should have the full foot support of these and adidas would be in orbit. Peeps notice these shoes and ask me about them, All reviews of these are positive.

:)

I was actually looking at the Galazy Elites...but the ones i saw has RG (Roland Garros) as part of the name...hopefully not only clay shoes?
http://img.tenniswarehouse-europe.co.../AAMMSGW-1.jpg
These shoes seem like good value even without proper toe protection...

The adidas B7 seem more comfortable and flexible than the B6...but they do not seem to have the same amount of protection at the tip of the toes, top especially. So at $130 without toe protection, i think even the Nike vapors will last me longer, as my main wear and tear are at the toe areas. (At the bottom i can use liquid sole protection...at the top it doesn't work as well)

Do you have any experience on the Nike CB's?

I think i should also mention, that I am VERY rough on my toes. So much so, that i will need to reconsider my technique on the serve especially. I use my toes so much, that i may have broken one once.My split step is extremely hard in certain situations and when I serve, my left foot often slam the court when landing. It may also be affecting my left knee. But I also think my current barracides do not have a perfect fit causing my feet to slide forward etc.

mxmx 11-16-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimguroo (Post 7017720)
Vapor will not be the option because it does not have a good durability.
courtballistec has better toe protections than barricade but heel protection is much better for barricade.
When I use barricade, I will have a hole in toe area about 8 weeks and When I use CB, my heel will be worn out about 9 weeks.
If you don't have a heel problem, probably CB might be the best choice.

Hi there...

I hardly need any heel protection to be honest.

If the Nike vapors only last 30% shorter than the Barricades, I may consider them as long as it makes up for it in other areas, like comfort or protecting my toes better than the barricades would. (my middle toes take the most beating)...

Thank you for the feedback on the Nike CB's. This is really becoming a stronger option than before...I wasn't sure if they'd last longer than the vapors...How would you compare the comfort between the vapors and the cb's?

rafafan20 11-16-2012 12:42 PM

For me the CB 4.3 are more comfortable because they support my flat feet better while the vapors felt flimsy to me. Most people would disagree with me, though.

kimguroo 11-16-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmx (Post 7019295)
Hi there...

I hardly need any heel protection to be honest.

If the Nike vapors only last 30% shorter than the Barricades, I may consider them as long as it makes up for it in other areas, like comfort or protecting my toes better than the barricades would. (my middle toes take the most beating)...

Thank you for the feedback on the Nike CB's. This is really becoming a stronger option than before...I wasn't sure if they'd last longer than the vapors...How would you compare the comfort between the vapors and the cb's?

Vapor might be more comfortable but CB 4.3 might be most comfortable among the Courtballistec line so far.
If you concern about durability, forget the vapor.
In my case, cb last 120-140 hrs and 70-80 hrs for vapor.

NJ1 11-16-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmx (Post 7019295)

CBs are very comfy, only issue is the lacing system and that does not concern comfort but longevity.

As regards Vapors lasting 30% shorter than Barricades, nope not even close, the Barricades last twice as long.

3fees 11-16-2012 07:59 PM

I was actually looking at the Galazy Elites...but the ones i saw has RG (Roland Garros) as part of the name...hopefully not only clay shoes?

They are not clay court shoes--hard court.

They are like walking on the clouds.

very few left;

google them.TW and Adidas.com was selling them, not any more at $60 for the mercedes ride in tennis shoes.

Put cushioning comfort between you and the court in the Galaxy Elite tennis shoes by adidas.

•Synthetic upper in an athletic tennis shoe style with adiTUFF(TM) toe

•Lace-up front with padded tongue and collar

•Mesh lining and EVA insole

•Cushioning midsole

•Durable adiWEAR(R) 6 rubber outsole

mxmx 11-19-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimguroo (Post 7020462)
Vapor might be more comfortable but CB 4.3 might be most comfortable among the Courtballistec line so far.
If you concern about durability, forget the vapor.
In my case, cb last 120-140 hrs and 70-80 hrs for vapor.

I will be happy if the comfort is better than the barracades, which i assume either would be...As for durability, the trend so far seems to be that the cb will outlast the vapor.

mxmx 11-19-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ1 (Post 7020580)
CBs are very comfy, only issue is the lacing system and that does not concern comfort but longevity.

As regards Vapors lasting 30% shorter than Barricades, nope not even close, the Barricades last twice as long.

a) how does the lacing system affect longevity?

b) darn...darn...darn

mxmx 11-19-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3fees (Post 7020758)

They are not clay court shoes--hard court.

They are like walking on the clouds.

(images)

very few left;

google them.TW and Adidas.com was selling them, not any more at $60 for the mercedes ride in tennis shoes.

Put cushioning comfort between you and the court in the Galaxy Elite tennis shoes by adidas.

•Synthetic upper in an athletic tennis shoe style with adiTUFF(TM) toe

•Lace-up front with padded tongue and collar

•Mesh lining and EVA insole

•Cushioning midsole

•Durable adiWEAR(R) 6 rubber outsole

If i can find my size, i am really considering these. The sole looks like quality from what i've seen in my local store - as does the comfort. The top of the shoe doesn't have protection, but at the price, it may not matter.

thank you for the post :)