Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Heal injuries in half the time. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445811)

kiteboard 11-15-2012 09:11 AM

Heal injuries in half the time.

This is not recommended for people with heart issues, stroke issues,or blood pressure issues, or those taking blood thinners, or other types of blood related medicines, smokers, or older people who may have these issues but don't know it.

First use ice on the injury immediately afterwards, 20 minutes on, and 20 minutes off for a few cycles. Once the swelling has gone down, and the pain abated somewhat, start using a vibrator that has a heat pad as part of it on the hurt muscle area, digging it into the hurt area so you increase circulation. This is supposed to cause a little pain, to focus the area.

Then place the injury under a little stress, so that it hurts a little, such as in a stretching position.

Here comes the martial arts technique: Focus on your core abdominal area and tighten it. Then "push" very hard, for a second and a half or so, towards the injury, so that your blood pressure goes through the roof. Relax and repeat. Focus your "chi" energy from the abdomen towards the injured area, in an attempt to flush out the injured particles and heal the energy in that damaged area, and improve circulation in that injured area. It feels as if you are trying to break through a log jam, and smash through the injury damage inside the hurt area, with this intended pushed focus. Hold the push for a few seconds, and repeat ten times, three times daily. Do this until the injury does not hurt you in daily life anymore. Healing time will be cut down by at least half. If you don't treat these, they can fester and molder forever, staying hidden until later years.

pvaudio 11-15-2012 09:20 AM

kiteboard, I've been boxing for many, many years now and have sparred with many kickboxers, Thai boxers, Kyokushinkais and Judokais and not a single one of them does this. You also NEVER want to put heat on an injury, ever. Heat is for when something is too stiff, not when it is strained.

pvaudio 11-15-2012 09:22 AM

I normally wouldn't bother commenting, only that putting a heating pad on a strain or other swelling related injury can very easily cause damage. You never use heat after an injury/activity.

sureshs 11-15-2012 09:25 AM

Tightening the muscles can increase blood pressure in a targeted fashion towards the injury and flush out the bad stuff? Blood pressure can increase and go through the roof in a second by conscious action?

I know of tests done on monks who can dramatically lower their heart rate and blood pressure through meditation, but I have not heard of increasing it and using it to flush out bad stuff.

corners 11-15-2012 09:27 AM

Deleted post.

user92626 11-15-2012 09:37 AM

Blood pressure has been my interest lately.

I don't think it's a good idea to get your BP go "goes through the roof". That's dangerous for your blood vessels even if you do not have "heart issues, stroke issues,or blood pressure issues"

If improving blood circulation or heart rate is the objective, running treadmill, putting your feet in warm water or massaging is good enough.

UCSF2012 11-15-2012 09:58 AM

Here's modern day medicine's take on it: ibuprofen. No clenching your arms and buttocks needed.

SFrazeur 11-15-2012 11:00 AM

For myself I am not a fan of icing for an injury as I have never felt it benefited me. The only time I use heat is mildly when in the shower as I doi not want to inflame. The body is smart and largely able to take care of itself. There is some scientific evidence that icing is actually bad for healing /swelling. As well as some people who claim to know better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UmJVgEWZu4

-SF

Fuji 11-15-2012 11:09 AM

I don't know bud, I've competed nationally for Taekwondo and we never really did anything like this. I don't think I have the mental capabilities to do something like this.

-Fuji

5263 11-15-2012 11:12 AM

or take vitalzym.

treblings 11-15-2012 11:12 AM

first of all, what kind of injury are you talking about?

kiteboard 11-15-2012 02:19 PM

Muscle pulls/tears/tendon injuries soft tissue injuries. Heat and ice deal with circulation, as does the chi shoving/pushing. Ice only immediately after.

pvaudio 11-15-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFrazeur (Post 7018172)
For myself I am not a fan of icing for an injury as I have never felt it benefited me. The only time I use heat is mildly when in the shower as I doi not want to inflame. The body is smart and largely able to take care of itself. There is some scientific evidence that icing is actually bad for healing /swelling. As well as some people who claim to know better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UmJVgEWZu4

-SF

The reason you ice a swelling injury is simple. Cells require oxygen. Swelling occurs when fluid floods an area due to inflammation or damage. So, what's the problem? This increase in fluid increases the amount of pressure in the injured area which makes it more difficult for the cells to receive the oxygen they crave. If the cells are oxygen deprived, then the tissue they are part of can become damaged. By icing, you are decreasing the metabolic rate of said cells and therefore lessen their oxygen requirements. If the pressure is high and the blood vessels are therefore less able to transport necessary nutrients to the site, the swelling itself can lead to surrounding tissue damage.

So then, why on earth would the body cause swelling? When the area is injured, the body requires an increase in blood flow to the area to begin repairing it. Along with this comes a huge amount of fluid which accumulates in the surrounding areas. This fluid can clot (scar tissue!) and serves only to slow the passage of bacteria and toxins into and out of the site of injury. So yes, the swelling does serve a purpose, but it is minor compared to what can happen since if you know the injury isn't at risk of infection. This is why for tendinitis and bursitis NSAIDs are administered so that blood flow can resume to the area while reducing the swelling response.

The reason why you NEVER want to heat a swollen area is because heating it increases the cells' metabolic rate, and if they're already not getting the oxygen they need, you're going to pretty much start manufacturing scar tissue without repairing anything. Heating ALSO increases blood flow to the area, and if you've damaged blood vessels in the area, you're going to increase the bleeding from these damaged vessels. You obviously do not want this. The argument against swelling treatment is for this: to allow increased blood flow to the area. Unfortunately, your body is not focused on what that fluid is doing to the surrounding tissue.

kiteboard 11-15-2012 02:38 PM

Try it once on a soft tissue injury. What do you have to lose? Forget ice/heat. Just do the shoving three times a day. Then report on it, pos/neg. It will heal in half the time if you do it as described. Soft tissue injuries can hide for years and recur. This is due to energy damage not dealt with. Let pv be the test of it. Not many know this.

pvaudio 11-15-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiteboard (Post 7018531)
Try it once on a soft tissue injury. What do you have to lose? Forget ice/heat. Just do the shoving three times a day. Then report on it, pos/neg.

A lot. I have a right shoulder capsule full of scar tissue from people mis-reading MRIs and thinking I just had tight muscles. They did ultrasonic treatment and heat treatments for years only to realize that all they'd done is lock a torn tendon in scar tissue and reduce my ROM by about 35%. I cant touch my back with my right hand, that's how clogged up my shoulder joint is. There was no negative energy in my shoulder or negative particles floating around. It was chronic damage which led to a tear that went unnoticed. Straining myself would have done nothing but potentially popped some blood vessels. So when you say to try ancient martial arts techniques which no modern martial artist practices in favor of tried and true medicine, I say a lot. You have a lot to lose.

Quote:

Let pv be the test of it.
I sure as hell will not be.

kiteboard 11-15-2012 02:51 PM

Ok. And what if you are wrong and you could heal it?

pvaudio 11-15-2012 04:29 PM

What if I'm wrong? The tear healed years ago. It's the scar tissue that remains, there's nothing to heal.

slowfox 11-15-2012 06:47 PM

OP - How do you know this works?

kiteboard 11-15-2012 06:49 PM

Ever notice how many people will bad mouth a string without trying it themselves? AS if they know? (L-tec, os/4s ie.) Same goes for this. Energy flow does exist in your body just as blood vessels do, in a networked pattern, but it fluctuates more, is in flux more. These flows get damaged when your tissue is damaged. This technique forges the damaged gap, the cuts in the flow, as well as speed circulation.

It's like practice. No practice with energy flow, and you remain unaware of it, and it goes to waste. It's like unit turning faster and uncoiling faster, and deciding which shot to hit faster. Defending your contact point faster. It's all energy related. More than just technique and strokes.

Decide to do all of it faster and you will. You will also become a great deal better at not making ue.

kiteboard 11-15-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowfox (Post 7018912)
OP - How do you know this works?

I ripped my hamstring in a tournament, on icy steps, over the week end. I've since healed it. No more pain anyway. If you've ever ripped a ham, it can last for years untreated. It's four days of treatment. I lost the match 7-6 6-4, but that was due to the rip. I'm not special. Before treatment, I had a ham rip that lasted 7 years. And I'm mid fifties, not 18.

How do I know it was a real rip? Great pain, no sleep, limping, soreness, swelling, weakness upon lifting leg in postions, knotted sore spot, pain upon touching, slower movements, etc. Anyone else heal a ham rip in four days? No.