Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The Filip Peliwo Results Thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445824)

stringertom 11-15-2012 12:02 PM

The Filip Peliwo Results Thread
 
Just getting this started so we don't post spoilers in the GPPD thread he initiated.

Filip is currently playing a Futures in Merida, Mexico. He drew a Dutch player with decent Futures results and won in 2 TB's. Next up is the #3 seed from El Salvador.

Good luck, Filip!

Prisoner of Birth 11-15-2012 12:08 PM

Good idea.

FEDERERNADAL13 11-15-2012 01:33 PM

Awesome idea Tom! I'm glad we have a place to congratulate Filip on his wins :)

thejackal 11-15-2012 04:05 PM

Filip doesn't really like it when people spell his name "Philip". But the worst is when people write it "Felipe." We can call him that just to **** him off :p

FEDERERNADAL13 11-15-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejackal (Post 7018681)
Filip doesn't really like it when people spell his name "Philip". But the worst is when people write it "Felipe." We can call him that just to **** him off :p

My Bad ;) I'll change it!

TopFH 11-15-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stringertom (Post 7018284)
Just getting this started so we don't post spoilers in the GPPD thread he initiated.

Filip is currently playing a Futures in Merida, Mexico. He drew a Dutch player with decent Futures results and won in 2 TB's. Next up is the #3 seed from El Salvador.

Good luck, Filip!

Is he playing Arevalo? I know him!

stringertom 11-15-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopFH (Post 7018720)
Is he playing Arevalo? I know him!

You are correct. It is R16 so should be done but I haven't seen a result yet. Will update when available.

jaggy 11-15-2012 05:58 PM

What about flip?

thejackal 11-15-2012 07:44 PM

he lost in the semis in doubles with Luis Patino.

won his 2nd round singles match 3-6 6-2 6-1

joeri888 11-15-2012 09:34 PM

What was the Dutchman he played?

stringertom 11-16-2012 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeri888 (Post 7019144)
What was the Dutchman he played?

Kevin Griekspoor.

Congrats, Filip, on the nice comeback Thursday and for finishing with a bakery product. You must have made some nice adjustments.

Next in the QF's is Diaz-Figueroa from Guatemala. Good luck again!

joeri888 11-16-2012 04:15 AM

the big Question of course is whether Peliwo is gonna be around at TTW celebrating his 18th grandslam title.

stringertom 11-16-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeri888 (Post 7019410)
the big Question of course is whether Peliwo is gonna be around at TTW celebrating his 18th grandslam title.

LOL...by extrapolation, Filip should win at least 34 majors, thereby keeping his ratio of junior majors to Fed's intact! No pressure there, Filip!

Goosehead 11-16-2012 07:24 PM

vamos filip..winning in 3 from a set down. :)

stringertom 11-17-2012 11:25 AM

Filip has advanced to the SF's with a straight set win over the #7 seed and will face the #8 seed from Mexico. My website for scores (rhymes with SoreTennis.net) was tardy in posting results until today...rain delay??? If so, he may have to play 2 matches today or Sunday in order to complete the tourney on schedule.

Good luck, Filip!

fpeliwo 11-17-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stringertom (Post 7021626)
Filip has advanced to the SF's with a straight set win over the #7 seed and will face the #8 seed from Mexico. My website for scores (rhymes with SoreTennis.net) was tardy in posting results until today...rain delay??? If so, he may have to play 2 matches today or Sunday in order to complete the tourney on schedule.

Good luck, Filip!

No delays, just a slow site :P I won today 6-2 6-3 against Gallardo, the 8 seed. Finals tomorrow against a player I know quite well from the junior circuit.

DolgoSantoro 11-17-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fpeliwo (Post 7021942)
No delays, just a slow site :P I won today 6-2 6-3 against Gallardo, the 8 seed. Finals tomorrow against a player I know quite well from the junior circuit.

Good luck from all of us!

FEDERERNADAL13 11-17-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fpeliwo (Post 7021942)
No delays, just a slow site :P I won today 6-2 6-3 against Gallardo, the 8 seed. Finals tomorrow against a player I know quite well from the junior circuit.

Good luck! :)

stringertom 11-18-2012 04:13 AM

Thanks for the updates and good luck, Filip!

What Filip didn't mention is his opponent in the finals, Lucas Pouille of France, is on quite a roll at Merida...he qualied last week and won the main draw and has now made it to Sunday again. A tough challenge but I'm sure you're up to it!

stringertom 11-18-2012 02:52 PM

Not the result we were hoping for...Filip was beaten 3 and 3 in the final. Good run to get there and I'm sure we'll see a trophy or two hoisted in '13!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse