Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Djokovic's post-match celebrations (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445858)

SQA333 11-15-2012 07:17 PM

Djokovic's post-match celebrations
 
Anyone notice this?

Against the top guys, Djokovic pretty much only does his outrageous celebrations when he wins against Federer. Against Nadal (excluding the Australian Open this year), Murray or any other member of the top 10, he is muted.

I think we all know the reason why.

Thoughts?

Prisoner of Birth 11-15-2012 07:23 PM

Yes, this is irrefutable evidence that Federer is the GOAT.

ledwix 11-15-2012 07:26 PM

What? Did you see Rome 2011 SF and F? And Madrid 2011 F etc.

RF20Lennon 11-15-2012 07:30 PM

I agree his celebrations are over the top and not classy at all but he probably feels really excited and happy when he beats the top guys (as he should) but really looks like an ape, needs to clean up that bit otherwise hes a great guy

djokovic2008 11-15-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RF20Lennon (Post 7018882)
I agree his celebrations are over the top and not classy at all but he probably feels really excited and happy when he beats the top guys (as he should) but really looks like an ape, needs to clean up that bit otherwise hes a great guy

I love his celebrations they are full of passion and if I was him i'd do EXACTLY the same thing, I suppose feds finger wagging celebration was classy then? NOT!

norbac 11-15-2012 11:22 PM

Unless it's against Murray, I love his celebrations.

rk_sports 11-15-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djokovic2008 (Post 7019179)
I love his celebrations they are full of passion and if I was him i'd do EXACTLY the same thing, I suppose feds finger wagging celebration was classy then? NOT!

with your username no wonder you love it ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RF20Lennon (Post 7018882)
I agree his celebrations are over the top and not classy at all but he probably feels really excited and happy when he beats the top guys (as he should) but really looks like an ape, needs to clean up that bit otherwise hes a great guy

lol..'looks like an ape'.. well put.. ZERO class.. although nothing beats that shirt tearing theatrics down under :oops:

veroniquem 11-15-2012 11:36 PM

I don't remember the "muted" part. He's ALWAYS exuberant in his celebrations.

Sabratha 11-15-2012 11:59 PM

Djokovic IS an over the top guy after all.

6-1 6-3 6-0 11-16-2012 12:19 AM

At least he shows some emotion, unlike Federer.

Feather 11-16-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 7019242)
At least he shows some emotion, unlike Federer.

How come you didn't talk about the H2H here? :wink:

SQA333 11-16-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledwix (Post 7018876)
What? Did you see Rome 2011 SF and F? And Madrid 2011 F etc.

OK I agree with Rome, but Madrid he barely did anything. Any yelling and screaming was only directed at his camp when he was only a few feet away from them. Compare that to... let's say World Tour Finals 2012, or Indian Wells 2011 - he was yelling all the way from the service line to the net, before and after the handshake.

Now, cast your minds back to the 7 straight defeats of Nadal. Most of them were just elation after beating Rafa, as opposed to "AAARRRRGGGGH THAT'S RIGHT TAKE THAT YOU SON OF A F***ING B!T*H ROGER".

robbo1970 11-16-2012 01:50 AM

I expect the fact he's just beaten Federer, arguably the GOAT, is reason enough for such a celebration. I am a big Federer fan, but I have noticed a slight touch of arrogance creeping in to Federer's demeanour lately, so maybe that plays a part. But I don't think the wild celebrations are just reserved for Federer, having seen the shirt ripping at the AO.

However, one of the many things I do like about Novak is how he congratulates those who beat him, with a big smile and hug. Watching Murray at the USO, crouching in a state of shock, having experienced winning a first slam before it was nice to see Djokovic walk around the net to congratulate Murray.

I guess you also have to think back to what Djokovic was doing when Federer started his domination of the game.....he was just a teenager watching Federer on tv, wondering if he would ever get to play him.

dr325i 11-16-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk_sports (Post 7019190)
with your username no wonder you love it ;)



lol..'looks like an ape'.. well put.. ZERO class.. although nothing beats that shirt tearing theatrics down under :oops:

WOW, talking about biased comment...
Attack the guy with the Djokovic nick, but it is OK for the "RF" guy...


I'd take Djokovic celebrations over Federer little girl crying any time...

However, I agree that Djokovic is not the best winner, however, he is a great loser, which is quite the opposite from your boy.

Murrayfan31 11-16-2012 06:13 AM

Tbh, he isn't fired up enough. He needs to throw in their faces. I beat you. I am king. YEAAH! These muted celebrations are holding back imo.

BauerAlmeida 11-16-2012 06:29 AM

I don't see what's the problem with emotional celebrations. Everyone on every sport celebrates when he wins a tournament. Djokovic isn't the only one who does it.

McEnroeisanartist 11-16-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 7019242)
At least he shows some emotion, unlike Federer.

winning so much becomes boring after awhile.

sunof tennis 11-16-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 7019242)
At least he shows some emotion, unlike Federer.

You are priceless. Usually Federer haters like yourself complain that Federer can't control his emotions and is always crying. Now, you say his has no emotions. At least pick a position.

VPhuc tennis fan 11-16-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk_sports (Post 7019190)

although nothing beats that shirt tearing theatrics down under :oops:

Wait till you see him tearing apart his short after the next victory :)
Don't tell me that I didn't warn you. You haven't seen the best of Djoker's celebrations yet. The best is yet to come!:)

VPhuc tennis fan 11-16-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunof tennis (Post 7019508)
You are priceless. Usually Federer haters like yourself complain that Federer can't control his emotions and is always crying. Now, you say his has no emotions. At least pick a position.

Rafa's absence apparently makes a lot of people WOBBLE.:confused:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse