Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Genesis Prototype Mutli (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445860)

darklore009 11-15-2012 07:28 PM

Genesis Prototype Mutli

I recently heard that there is a playtest from genesis. after deciding that i didnt get accepted to playtesting the new aero pro, I decided to sign up for it and i got accepted. I'm looking forward in trying their new string that is going on the market soon.

mikeler 11-16-2012 06:16 AM

There are supposedly 3 prototypes coming out. I'll be testing them next month.

darklore009 11-16-2012 06:33 AM

I'll post a pic of the string when i get it

darklore009 11-17-2012 05:51 PM

Just received the string today, going to string it tomorrow and will hit with it
String Name: Mutli Max 16
Gauge: 1.32mm
Length: 12m
Color: Sliver

mikeler 11-17-2012 06:42 PM

You only got 1 of the strings I see:

darklore009 11-17-2012 06:55 PM

what tension are you gonna set the strings at? i'm going to set mines at 52

mikeler 11-17-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklore009 (Post 7022170)
what tension are you gonna set the strings at? i'm going to set mines at 52

I use the Prince Exo Tour 16x18. It is extremely low powered so I plan on using it somewhere in th mid 50s. I may check with the peeps who sent me the string to get recommendations.

darklore009 11-17-2012 07:09 PM

i'm use the prince o3 black speedport on my playtest. i usually use a k90, but dont want to waste the string it has on it

darklore009 11-17-2012 08:15 PM

Decided to string it today. the strings looks nice with the o3 black

mikeler 11-18-2012 05:32 AM

I'll try the string you got last since you will have feedback on it. Thinking the hex will go first followed by the power.

lynnbart 11-18-2012 07:46 AM

I'm still waiting on my set. I need to restring now, so the timing is good if it will get here.

darklore009 11-18-2012 06:58 PM

Tension used for playtest: 54 ibs

Regular string set up: Topspin Cyberflash 17lg, Gosen OG Mirco 17g

Racquet brand and model used for test: Prince o3 Speedport Black

Stringing: The string itself seems to be promising from looking at it and playing around with it, but after i start the mains, it changed. The string has a coating that would make a streaking sound when pulling the strings. Wouldnt say it's the worst, but it's not the best mutli to string with. 6.9/10

Power of test string: Seems decent in power. I couldnt hit as hard as i want to because that ball would fly over to the fence. When swinging the racket at a long, slow swing, the string provides that power to make it over the net and lands in no mans land. 8.6/10

Feel: The feel isn't quite there. I couldn't connect the ball when i strike it. It only has a slight feel when the string makes contact with the ball. It's not enough to feel to make a full connection to the ball. 5.7/10

Spin: This string is average when it comes to spin. I use very flat and intense topspin in my groundstrokes. These string gives enough spin to company me when using a western forehand to create that intense topspin. 7.8/10

Comfort: I have mixed feelings towards this string. It feels stiff and comfortable at the same time. The string did give a good amount of pop, and up at net, gives an average feel when trying to put away a point. I think the coating is a factor that makes the string stiff. 7.5/10

Durability: I don't break strings like a stringbreak would, but these strings hold up just fine. it takes a while until you get through the first layer and into the internal layer. 8.0/10

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time): I left the racket there for about 4 hours before i left to the court. It did lose a bit of tension. However, after that, it became almost stable after that. I notice slight drop in playability, but not to the factor that affects your game. 8.2/10

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?): When i swing fast, the ball would fly and it become uncontrollable. When swinging with a long, slow swing, it's really easy to control the ball and place them anywhere in the court. I would say this string is built for recreational players than a competitive player like me. 8.5/10

Compare to the string you use most often: This string did took some break-in. The string that I use requires me to swing the ball fast and give power and control. For this, you kinda have to let the racket and string do the work for you. I can use this for warmups and use my original setup when playing matches.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?): I think i should go at the same tension as a poly. It would solve the problem have having that stiff feeling.

Overall: Decent, one of the durable mutli out there than the one i tried. Even though it doesn't suit my gamestyle, but it opens to recreational players that wanted an unfair advantage over the court.
7.5/10
Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.
1. Provides power and control for those playing recreational
2. Tension stability
Dislikes
1. break-in time
2. Stiff feeling

mikeler 11-18-2012 07:05 PM

Interesting review, good stuff.

darklore009 11-18-2012 07:10 PM

i gave the racket to my friend that plays for a tennis club that has a slow stroke and he became really consistent. i say this supports that fact it's suits for the recreational players.

lynnbart 11-19-2012 03:39 PM

I received my set of B Power 16g today. After stringing poly's for awhile it was very nice to string up.. Very soft feeling string. Hopefully we get to play tonight.

darklore009 11-19-2012 03:43 PM

looking forward to your review

Stringers 11-19-2012 04:57 PM

Got an email from Genesis that they sent my string today as well. Not sure what but it should be here this week. I'll post my thoughts in this thread as well.

mikeler 11-19-2012 05:57 PM

Guess I got lucky they sent me 3 to test out. I'm pretty impressed with their offerings not just with strings but other items as well. I just ordered two more hats from them. They sent a free one with a previous order and I just love it.

darklore009 11-19-2012 07:52 PM

looks like you did many things with genesis. guess they want you to be as a primary playtester for their products. =)

mikeler 11-20-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklore009 (Post 7025451)
looks like you did many things with genesis. guess they want you to be as a primary playtester for their products. =)

I tested out the original Thunder Blast and also the newer white version but I think that is it from what I remember.