Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Miroslava Vavrinec (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445901)

Bergboy123 11-16-2012 08:36 AM

Miroslava Vavrinec

Not really sure where to put this but..

Found this footage of Mirka playing against Seles! Hadn't ever seen her playing tennis before and thought it would be interesting.

Also ... she's using a ball clip! Though that was funny ;)

Bergboy123 11-16-2012 08:37 AM

Whoops forgot video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4VOrfpg1eU

corners 11-16-2012 08:46 AM

Wow, she was quite good. Love the forehand. Too bad she hurt her foot so badly.

Ms Nadal 11-16-2012 08:51 AM

Thanks for that! She does look quite good there. Shame that injury finished it for her. I like Mirka! She is a very classy lady! :)

Tennis_Hands 11-16-2012 08:54 AM

She puts to shame all those trophy GF's and wifes of the current players, when it comes to tennis and understanding what is going on in their husbands' and boyfriends' lives.

Boooohoooo. The Wife of the GOAT (WGOAT).

:twisted:

Bergboy123 11-16-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corners (Post 7019761)
Wow, she was quite good. Love the forehand. Too bad she hurt her foot so badly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Nadal (Post 7019769)
Thanks for that! She does look quite good there. Shame that injury finished it for her. I like Mirka! She is a very classy lady! :)

Totally agree, how cool would it have been for her to keep playing as Federer played too. Maybe more mixed and fun stuff!

Bergboy123 11-16-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennis_Hands (Post 7019775)
She puts to shame all those trophy GF's and wifes of the current players, when it comes to tennis and understanding what is going on in their husbands' and boyfriends' lives.

Boooohoooo. The Wife of the GOAT (WGOAT).

:twisted:

Totally agree, I love how Federer and Mirka have a special relationship that seems completely genuine.

PeteD 11-16-2012 09:12 AM

Steve Tignor, Executive Editor, Tennis Magazine:

"Regarding Mirka’s role, I’ll defer to the opinion of Federer’s mother Lynette, who was recently asked her evaluation of the importance of his wife in her son’s career. Lynette responded that Mirka was not only “very important” in her estimation, but “essential” and that Roger’s success was really the success of Roger and Mirka together, though she was not sure if Mirka quite realized this. A mother generally knows her kid.

kalyan4fedever 11-16-2012 09:33 AM

Federer is lucky.

Prisoner of Birth 11-16-2012 10:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCnuD0MVAEQ

Ms Nadal 11-16-2012 10:32 AM

Thanks Prisoner. Got to hear Mirka talk! :). Her and Roger are so cute there together. Such love birds! Lovely!

Crayola Oblongata 11-16-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 7019923)

Thanks for this. She actually sounds how I expected her to, if a little shaky. :)

Prisoner of Birth 11-16-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crayola Oblongata (Post 7020048)
Thanks for this. She actually sounds how I expected her to, if a little shaky. :)

I was surprised. I always sort of "knew" what she would sound like even though
I never heard her speak so this video came as a big surprise. I expected her to sound very, very different.

Crayola Oblongata 11-16-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 7020054)
I was surprised. I always sort of "knew" what she would sound like even though
I never heard her speak so this video came as a big surprise. I expected her to sound very, very different.

I've heard her say 'thank you'(what is my life right now) before, so I knew she had a 'sweet' voice. I was curious to what her accent would be like, though. :) I wonder what language(s) the twins speak.

Prisoner of Birth 11-16-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crayola Oblongata (Post 7020076)
I've heard her say 'thank you'(what is my life right now) before, so I knew she had a 'sweet' voice. I was curious to what her accent would be like, though. :) I wonder what language(s) the twins speak.

LOL, when was that?

Crayola Oblongata 11-16-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 7020084)
LOL, when was that?

Oh woops, I was actually meant to write that! :oops: It wasn't in real life, it was on one of Roger's videos for . . .... something. Possibly coffee? Actually, thinking back, it wasn't 'thank you' it was 'hello'. Or maybe I have heard her say thank you before....either way, it was a behind the scenes video of Roger doing stuff. Sorry, my memory is rubbish.

Prisoner of Birth 11-16-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crayola Oblongata (Post 7020094)
Oh woops, I was actually meant to write that! :oops: It wasn't in real life, it was on one of Roger's videos for . . .... something. Possibly coffee? Actually, thinking back, it wasn't 'thank you' it was 'hello'. Or maybe I have heard her say thank you before....either way, it was a behind the scenes video of Roger doing stuff. Sorry, my memory is rubbish.

I think she might sound very different today to what she sounded like back then (2002).

Crayola Oblongata 11-16-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 7020097)
I think she might sound very different today to what she sounded like back then (2002).

Yes, in this video she sounded stronger, more confident. But then she was just saying 'hello'. I can't believe I'm discussing how she's talks, haha :)

Prisoner of Birth 11-16-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crayola Oblongata (Post 7020100)
Yes, in this video she sounded stronger, more confident. But then she was just saying 'hello'. I can't believe I'm talking about how she's talks, haha :)

After Federer retires, I can see the two of them appearing on Oprah or something :) That will answer all our questions

Crayola Oblongata 11-16-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 7020106)
After Federer retires, I can see the two of them appearing on Oprah or something :) That will answer all our questions

Hahaha, oh my god.