Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445910)

katelyn16 11-16-2012 10:16 AM

strings

luxilon string opinions on this for juniors players. thanks

5263 11-16-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katelyn16 (Post 7019908)
luxilon string opinions on this for juniors players. thanks

a little too broad.
what age?
what lux?
full bed?
what level Jr?
Is price an issue?

I say try big Ace by Pro Supex! lol

sureshs 11-16-2012 12:25 PM

4G is what is being hyped now

katelyn16 11-16-2012 12:46 PM

strings

11 yr old tour player 4g lux strung a bit looser for mains. wilson nxt for crosses. what benefits do you get from this string. she has not hit with it yet. thanks

5263 11-16-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7020183)
4G is what is being hyped now

My phone is 4 G.

Bagumbawalla 11-17-2012 07:31 AM

Well, I notice you are not getting a lot of responses.

Try re-posting in the "string" section- where the string-obsessed players live.

Give them as much information as you can- racket, tensions, what you are striving for, level at which the girl plays, style of play. You should get some helpful replies.

Personally, I use a similar set-up. Different string brands, but the same idea, and it allows me to hit harder with more control.

Also, if you are going to be experimenting with strings, or forsee years of playing in her future- I would suggest investing in an inexpensive stringing machine.

TennisCJC 11-18-2012 04:41 PM

I don't think luxilon is a good choice for an 11 yo female junior. Hold off on the poly until her game is fully developed. Luxilon is hard on the wrist, elbow and shoulder. Takes power away from the player's shot and is intended to add control and spin for players who can generate power. Also, if you still insist on playing Lux, restring it every 2-3 weeks even if it has not broken. It goes dead and will be even more hard on the body by that time.

I would suggest a good synthetic gut like Gosen, or PrinceSynGutDuraflex until the player is very advanced. Then maybe a good multi like NXT or Technifibre NRG2 or Tecnifibre X1 BiPhase.

TennisCJC 11-18-2012 04:45 PM

Again, if your 11 yo has the swing to need lux, it would be better in my view to put the nxt in the mains at 54 lbs and the 4g lux in the crosses at 49 lbs. Maybe a little lower depending on the racket and swing speed. Lux (and all poly's) take power away from the racket and add an element of control and spin. Having the nxt in the mains will still provide power while lux crosses will tone it down a little bit. But, as I said, I would caution that an 11 you needs lux. Go to a good local pro and ask them if the player is ready to use a poly.