Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Best XBox 360 Tennis Game? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=445941)

TripleB 11-16-2012 05:35 PM

Best XBox 360 Tennis Game?

Going to have to stay off my left leg for 6 weeks due to microfacture surgery on my knee.

Just wondering what the best tennis game is for the XBox 360 (that is played with the controller)?

Thanks.

TripleB

TripleB 11-17-2012 04:31 AM

Hopefully it is Topspin 4 since I looked today and see that I already own it. Thanks.

Triple

BigServer1 11-17-2012 09:08 AM

I'd say its TopSpin 4 even though it has it's shortcomings.

I hope they come out with a new TopSpin soon that has a better career mode and more realistic venues and gameplay. But for now, TopSpin 4 will get the job done.

maverick66 11-17-2012 09:18 AM

I got more enjoyment out of virtua tennis 3 than any other game. Topspin series just doesnt have the same level of fun to me. The first topspin was alot of fun the 3 and 4 have been ok but nothing amazing.

Seth 11-17-2012 09:28 AM

Virtua Tennis isn't realistic but it's fast-paced and fun.

For the best all-around, get an original XBox and the original Topspin.

DRII 11-20-2012 06:26 AM

Probably Top Spin 3. Top Spin 4 was a devolution comparitively speaking.

But if you want to play online agaisnt other live players, Top Spin 4 is probably your best bet. Top Spin 3 is not that active online right now...

flyinghippos101 11-20-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRII (Post 7026040)
Probably Top Spin 3. Top Spin 4 was a devolution comparitively speaking.

But if you want to play online agaisnt other live players, Top Spin 4 is probably your best bet. Top Spin 3 is not that active online right now...

devolution? Perhaps, in some respects. There were some things I enjoyed about Top Spin 3, there was way more sensitivity in how long you held buttons. But most of the time I felt I didn't have control of a player's movement anyway. In that game, you feel like you're controlling a tank that had the directional control of a vertigo-stricken giraffe.

Top Spin 4 largely alleviates this problem and the online mode is decent too, albeit kind of a ghost town nowadays.

DRII 11-20-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyinghippos101 (Post 7026339)
devolution? Perhaps, in some respects. There were some things I enjoyed about Top Spin 3, there was way more sensitivity in how long you held buttons. But most of the time I felt I didn't have control of a player's movement anyway. In that game, you feel like you're controlling a tank that had the directional control of a vertigo-stricken giraffe.

Top Spin 4 largely alleviates this problem and the online mode is decent too, albeit kind of a ghost town nowadays.

I agree about the button mechanism regarding Top Spin 3, probably the best most intuitive method to date, or a tie with Mario Tennis 64 :)

But I disagree regarding the movement, especially the PS3 version of TS3. I find TS4 to have absolutely horrible movement!

maverick66 11-20-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth (Post 7021476)
Virtua Tennis isn't realistic but it's fast-paced and fun.

I played the hell out of it which I cant say for any of the newer topspin games.

The movement in topspin is just poor. I dont like the hit the button and your player moves for you. I also am not a fan of the hold the RB button the entire match thing either. Why would they make a button that people hold down the entire game to spam what it does. I dont understand the thinking there.

Topspin 4 isnt a horrible game but i kept playing thinking I was missing something and it was just a game that was kinda fun but nothing to brag about.