Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What's more powerful? Gamma RZR (Big Bubba) or Wilson BLX One? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446005)

JAY1 11-17-2012 02:49 PM

What's more powerful? Gamma RZR (Big Bubba) or Wilson BLX One?

I think after hours of research i've come to the conclusion these are the two most powerful racquets on the market.
Tennis Warehouse's 'Compare Racquet Power Levels' has been a big help (Thx).
Are there any other power contender's too match these two, if so what are they?
Also what would everyone go for, The Gamma RZR (Big Bubba) or
The Wilson BLX One? Which one is a better racquet?
Thanks guys!

MindoverMatter 11-17-2012 03:08 PM

What about the Wilson Cierzo? I've heard that one is pretty powerful too, Big Bubba is much more famous though. Bubba is unwieldy to say the least, wouldn't personally use it.

LeeD 11-17-2012 03:15 PM

And if you have a fast swingspeed, anything else would generate more power. Those rackets only generate fast balls if you swing slowly.

Chotobaka 11-17-2012 04:02 PM

I don't know about the RZR but the Big Bubba 28, despite its gruesome looks and Gamma 1050 "power rating", doesn't feel any more over-powered than other game-improvement OS racquet (OS players sticks are a different story). I bring one out once and awhile to goof around with and good players can hit any shot with minimal adjustment. Serves take more dialing in, but still very do-able. Entertaining stick.

Ronaldo 11-17-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chotobaka (Post 7022055)
I don't know about the RZR but the Big Bubba 28, despite its gruesome looks and Gamma 1050 "power rating", doesn't feel any more over-powered than other game-improvement OS racquet (OS players sticks are a different story). I bring one out once and awhile to goof around with and good players can hit any shot with minimal adjustment. Serves take more dialing in, but still very do-able. Entertaining stick.

Imagine at 35#

Chotobaka 11-17-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 7022060)
Imagine at 35#

That might be wild with the recommended range being 55-65 pounds. Actually, now that I think about it, the 55-65 pounds is pretty "normal" tension considering that we are talking about 137 square inches of string surface. Truth is, this racquet doesn't play like it looks. And, that's the fun part I guess.

Ronaldo 11-17-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chotobaka (Post 7022069)
That might be wild with the recommended range being 55-65 pounds. Actually, now that I think about it, the 55-65 pounds is pretty "normal" tension considering that we are talking about 137 square inches of string surface. Truth is, this racquet doesn't play like it looks. And, that's the fun part I guess.

Extremely effective for the over 70 singles crowd.