Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2013 Federer Schedule: NO Basel!!!! Excommunication for Fed at home? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446013)

Paullaconte1 11-17-2012 05:57 PM

2013 Federer Schedule: NO Basel!!!! Excommunication for Fed at home?
 
Is it about money or about scheduling or both?

Some say that is about scheduling
http://www.tennistonic.com/view_tennisnews?nid=1436
Some are neutral
http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2012-11-17/11032.php
Some others do not put a big accent on this
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1412939

I think it is a lot about money
One thing is sure, if he is not going to play in Basel, he will be excommunicated...

And if he is not going to play the Davis Cup?

Bartelby 11-17-2012 06:01 PM

The big news is not Basel, but only playing 14 matches. With such pruning, Basel had to give way to a Masters.

Paullaconte1 11-17-2012 06:03 PM

Maybe he is keeping it open for some lucrative offers.

norbac 11-17-2012 06:03 PM

I hear he wants to represent the state of Oregon.

Sabratha 11-17-2012 06:15 PM

At this point in his career, it's mostly about money.

kishnabe 11-17-2012 06:31 PM

Swiss get publicity from Federer each day as a tennis player. They would be morons to excommunicate him.....lol!

Raz11 11-17-2012 06:49 PM

Does it matter? A lot of players skip their home tournaments because of other priorities and scheduling.

90's Clay 11-17-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paullaconte1 (Post 7022183)
Maybe he is keeping it open for some lucrative offers.

How many more freakin lucrative offers does he need? hes made more money then anyone else in history.. God:shock:

Money should be the LAST thing he should need.

Cup8489 11-17-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90's Clay (Post 7022254)
How many more freakin lucrative offers does he need? hes made more money then anyone else in history.. God:shock:

Money should be the LAST thing he should need.

So you're saying if you were rich you wouldn't still try to make more money?

I'll call your bluff on that.

Get off your high horse and stop acting like you wouldn't do the same thing. You're such a bitter troll it seems entirely likely you'd be like most humans and always want more.

Xizel 11-17-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90's Clay (Post 7022254)
How many more freakin lucrative offers does he need? hes made more money then anyone else in history.. God:shock:

Money should be the LAST thing he should need.

He knows the most amount of money he's making is NOW. After he gets off this, it's history. I don't blame him for reasoning money as important but it's also likely the scheduling just isn't suitable for Basel.

Paullaconte1 11-17-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90's Clay (Post 7022254)
How many more freakin lucrative offers does he need? hes made more money then anyone else in history.. God:shock:

Money should be the LAST thing he should need.

I agree. It seems that his fortune is well above 300 mil USD. Probably enough to retire and have a comfortable life.

You know what? I need much less! ;-)

Maybe it's about scheduling

90's Clay 11-17-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup8489 (Post 7022259)
So you're saying if you were rich you wouldn't still try to make more money?

I'll call your bluff on that.

Get off your high horse and stop acting like you wouldn't do the same thing. You're such a bitter troll it seems entirely likely you'd be like most humans and always want more.

There would be no need.. Again.. How much money do you need? How many steaks can you eat in one day? How many yachts does one need? Fed has made so much money, it should last him another lifetime.. At this point it should be about the love of the sport and making the fans (especially his home country happy to see him).. But nope... "Wahh.. I need another million to play in front of my home countrymen and make the, happy" .. For what????

You're type of mentality is whats wrong with the world today and why its a complete mess... GREED. THe rich just need to be richer..

90's Clay 11-17-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xizel (Post 7022274)
He knows the most amount of money he's making is NOW. After he gets off this, it's history. I don't blame him for reasoning money as important but it's also likely the scheduling just isn't suitable for Basel.

How should money be important to him now exactly? Unless you have a severe drug habit and/or are a complete MORON, i see no reason how you could blow through all that money from 35 years of age to your death or even your kids entire lifetime

Especially you could find yourself a good consultant an invest that money wisely

Povl Carstensen 11-17-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7022200)
At this point in his career, it's mostly about money.

Yes of course it is, he hasn't got enough of that.

RF20Lennon 11-17-2012 08:38 PM

Calm down LOL fed himself said he most probably will go to basel, theres no way he would skip out on that

smoledman 11-17-2012 11:06 PM

From GOATerer--->Federer--->Olderer--->Noserer-->Retirerer

Tennis_Hands 11-17-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90's Clay (Post 7022285)
There would be no need.. Again.. How much money do you need? How many steaks can you eat in one day? How many yachts does one need? Fed has made so much money, it should last him another lifetime.. At this point it should be about the love of the sport and making the fans (especially his home country happy to see him).. But nope... "Wahh.. I need another million to play in front of my home countrymen and make the, happy" .. For what????

You're type of mentality is whats wrong with the world today and why its a complete mess... GREED. THe rich just need to be richer..

You are on an Internet forum.

You have access to Internet and probably spare time, to be here.

Probably have a decent home too. Maybe a good phone and even a car.

You play (hopefully) tennis. One expensive hobby.

Take your "larger than life" attitude and low-middle class moaning somewhere else, will ya!

mib 11-18-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90's Clay (Post 7022286)
Unless you have a severe drug habit and/or are a complete MORON, i see no reason how you could blow through all that money from 35 years of age to your death or even your kids entire lifetime

What kind of drug habit do you need to blow through several hundred million dollars? You would be dead long before your money runs out.

Homeboy Hotel 11-18-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 7022480)
It's all about money for Federer. Good on Nadal for leaving the players' council. You can't reason with someone so corrupt.

Not really. Nadal return$$$$$$$$$$ to Abu Dhabi, some dead-beat exho.

But maybe I can reason why Nadal is playing Abu Dhabi, that's his only chance to beat Murray and Djokovic when they won't be putting much effort in.

Hood_Man 11-18-2012 02:22 AM

It's just not on his schedule, that doesn't mean he won't play it.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse