Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Do you think Roddick will come out of retirement with the win? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446023)

sandiegoman 11-17-2012 10:52 PM

Do you think Roddick will come out of retirement with the win?

With his win against Milos, do you think he'll come out of retirement? He was playing much more aggressively, less slicing and great forehand shots.

Ross K 11-17-2012 11:17 PM

Doubt it. What's the point? He too old, his game's too ragged, to make a proper dent at the higher end of the game with consistency.

Fee 11-17-2012 11:53 PM

THIS THREAD SUCKS BECAUSE: (Place X where applies)
[_] This topic did not need a separate thread
[_] Fake/duplicate account
[_] It asks when and/or will Nadal become #1 in the world
[_] It is a Nadal v Federer thread where making sense is prohibited
[_] It assumes Federer will forever be on top of the tennis world
[_] It is a lame troll attempt
[_] It is a “Threaten to leave” thread
[_] It over hypes players that don’t deserve it
[_] Original Poster's grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It claims Player X career is over after 1 bad loss
[_] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It compares Graf and Seles, in any way.
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It is a serious discussion of a exhibition match
[_] It proclaims a 16-18 year old's career is finished after a couple of first round losses
[_] It has the word Gilbert in the subject line
[_] It discusses doubles when its not a Davis Cup weekend
[_] It is a serious discussion of a clay clown's chances at a clay event or in an individual match against a competent clay player
[_] It is the annual thread where people complain about clay courters not showing up and embarrassing themselves on grass
[_] It is the annual thread where people complain about Americans not showing up in Monte Carlo
[_] It speculates whether player X is on dope without any evidence
[_] It asks/assumes Safin is finished in tennis after a totally expected few first round loss to the local baker in the first round of small tournament X
[_] Use the damn search engine
[_] It accuses the loser of choking when he did nothing of the sort
[_] It talks about fake injuries and/or fake injury time outs
[_] Cramp are called an injury
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] It claims females can be competitive with males in any form of tennis
[_] Wrong forum, eejit.
[_] It was created by a 13 year old desperate for attention
[_] It contains advice to a top ten pro player from a 3.0 with a losing record
[_] It predicts the winner of a tournament final based on a 'feeling'
[_] It's a 'Hey I'm back' thread after a) you were banned for a damn good reason or b) no one noticed you were gone or missed you.
[_] It's a duplicate thread started by someone who can't scroll one inch down the first page.
[XX] It is a serious discussion of a result from an off season exhibition match (bonus points for discussing a retired player coming out of retirement)

smoledman 11-18-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fee (Post 7022453)
[XX] It is a serious discussion of a result from an off season exhibition match (bonus points for discussing a retired player coming out of retirement)

bjk 11-18-2012 05:14 AM

It's not the 3.0's that are handing out advice, it's the 4.0's who think they know what they're talking about.

martini1 11-18-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

[_] Original Poster's grammar makes me suspect the post was written by 4 year old
[_] It tries to determine the best player ever (on any surface) for the 200th time
[_] It asks when or if a young player will ever reach their potential after a totally expected loss
[_] It proclaims a 16-18 year old's career is finished after a couple of first round losses
[_] It is a serious discussion of a clay clown's chances at a clay event or in an individual match against a competent clay player
[_] It is the annual thread where people complain about clay courters not showing up and embarrassing themselves on grass
[_] It is the annual thread where people complain about Americans not showing up in Monte Carlo
[_] It asks/assumes Safin is finished in tennis after a totally expected few first round loss to the local baker in the first round of small tournament X
[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] Wrong forum, eejit.
[_] It's a 'Hey I'm back' thread after a) you were banned for a damn good reason or b) no one noticed you were gone or missed you.
[_] It's a duplicate thread started by someone who can't scroll one inch down the first page.

Lol this check list should be a sticky.

gavna 11-18-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martini1 (Post 7023263)
Lol this check list should be a sticky.

Yep!!!!! Classic

Fee 11-18-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7023292)
Yep!!!!! Classic

Full disclosure, I stole it from mens tennis forums dot com years ago and started a thread here. Forgot about it for years, but this thread inspired the memory in me. Had to add the bit about exos, for some reason it didn't make it over to this forum. :)

Here's the original thread if you want to bump it and suggest new edits. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=132982

NLBwell 11-19-2012 07:44 AM

Only if Brooklyn gets really tired of him hanging around the house.

NadalAgassi 11-19-2012 10:06 AM

No. Winning a one match exhibition vs someone who isnt even a top player himself in no way compares to week to week tournament tennis.

jokinla 11-19-2012 10:09 AM

Absolutely, after beating Raonic while clowning around doing impersonations, and serving with considerably less mph's, he probably has all the confidence in the world and will be a threat at the Australian.

merwy 11-19-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

[_] BROKEN CAPS LOCK
[_] Wrong forum, eejit.

If we deleted all threads that match with one of these reasons, this forum would be empty.

I love it though, I'm saving this and using it in the future if I see a good opportunity! And the last reason that you added yourself totally belongs in this list.

kimbahpnam 11-19-2012 04:21 PM

by this logic Kuerten should come back after beating Djokovic!!!

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id...tion-match-rio

NLBwell 11-19-2012 06:12 PM

Kuerten should come back and force all his opponents to wear a Guga wig!

jokinla 11-19-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimbahpnam (Post 7025250)
by this logic Kuerten should come back after beating Djokovic!!!

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id...tion-match-rio

Yep, and Sampras was world #1 again after beating Fed a few years ago.

NLBwell 11-20-2012 11:26 AM

For one match on a fast court set up to give Sampras the best chance to win -- Yeah, maybe he was.
Which is pretty impressive. However, past that - No.

(As I said at the time, there have been guys who were retired who came back to play Davis Cup and turned in great one-shot performances, so who knows.)

3fees 11-23-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegoman (Post 7022426)
With his win against Milos, do you think he'll come out of retirement? He was playing much more aggressively, less slicing and great forehand shots.

Probably not

Federer20042006 11-24-2012 12:23 PM

I think Roddick should be a commentator. If they let him say what he wanted, it could be awesome.

boredone3456 11-24-2012 01:15 PM

Yes, and by virtue of this win he is now the favorite to win the Australian Open as well

Did I mention I'm the Queen of England?

DolgoSantoro 11-24-2012 02:02 PM

I'd love it if Roddick became a commentator, he usually has something interesting to say. But he isn't coming out of retirement. He didn't retire because he couldn't play well occasionally, he reached the 4th round of his last tournament. He retired because he couldn't consistently play well and trying to do so was just physically and mentally exhausting him.