Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Demo strings? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446068)

derickyan 11-18-2012 01:44 PM

Demo strings?
 
Is there any difference from the string you buy and the demo strings they give you? like i have a wilson string but it says demo, so it there any difference? :confused:

db10s 11-18-2012 01:47 PM

Not quite sure what you are talking about; but I would say that there isn't any difference.

derickyan 11-18-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db10s (Post 7023205)
Not quite sure what you are talking about; but I would say that there isn't any difference.

sorry, i probably wasn't clear.
well sometimes you want to try out the string before you buy it, and the company would give you some to demo. is there a difference between those strings and the actual string when you buy it from them?

db10s 11-18-2012 02:40 PM

I've only had Prince ones and they felt the same as retail strings.

derickyan 11-18-2012 02:52 PM

okay thanks! i was just curious :p

colan5934 11-18-2012 02:53 PM

I'm guessing you're talking about the Wilson NXT Demo strings. It's regular NXT that is sold/given to pro shops to string their demos with. It's not supposed to be for sale to the public, though, due to the low price shops pay for it. I've had it in Head and Dunlop demos from TW, though awhile back.

derickyan 11-18-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colan5934 (Post 7023302)
I'm guessing you're talking about the Wilson NXT Demo strings. It's regular NXT that is sold/given to pro shops to string their demos with. It's not supposed to be for sale to the public, though, due to the low price shops pay for it. I've had it in Head and Dunlop demos from TW, though awhile back.

lol yes, those strings. but it does play the same as the normal ones right? :confused:

Andyroo10567 11-18-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derickyan (Post 7023315)
lol yes, those strings. but it does play the same as the normal ones right? :confused:

Yes, just maybe slightly more dead from having it strung and left on the racquet depending on the material of the string. ( I.E Poly, Syn. Gut, etc ) I visited a store about 2 hours away from where i live and i saw their demos available and all of their strings were just plain trash. I asked how long have they had the strings on there and they said " About 4 months, i lost track ". Just to mention it was RPM Blast on the APDGT. Strange how nobody was able to break it during demoing process.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse