Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   French open tickets 2013 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446134)

rob_con 11-19-2012 07:42 AM

French open tickets 2013

Does anyone know a decent way to get tickets to the French open this coming year? I'm not sure I can afford $700/day. I know FFT members have priority and can get tickets for ~$100/day. Are there any FFT members going or willing to buy? If anyone has ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

audioaffliction 01-08-2013 03:49 PM

According to the official site, tix go on sale February 13 to the general public. I just checked because I'm planning to go this year. Good luck!

gavna 01-08-2013 08:18 PM

The best way if you don't get want you want on the general public sale is to sign up to the Viagogo site - it's thru the RG and FFT site. It's the official reseller for RG and he only way to.

rommil 01-08-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_con (Post 7024389)
Does anyone know a decent way to get tickets to the French open this coming year? I'm not sure I can afford $700/day. I know FFT members have priority and can get tickets for ~$100/day. Are there any FFT members going or willing to buy? If anyone has ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

What I did last year was sign up/create an account on the site then I stayed up until the site was open for purchase, it will explain too what tickets are good for which courts( usually the big courts are different show courts). You will also need to enter the names of the respective ticket holders for each ticket( which you can change later if need be).

kymacy 01-09-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rommil (Post 7107048)
What I did last year was sign up/create an account on the site then I stayed up until the site was open for purchase, it will explain too what tickets are good for which courts( usually the big courts are different show courts). You will also need to enter the names of the respective ticket holders for each ticket( which you can change later if need be).

This is also my first time buying tickets and going to the French Open. I've already created a username and password. I plan on buying on February 13th as soon as it's open to the general public. The most expensive ticket that i saw on the ftt website was 150 Euros. I think The prices are jacked if you buy elsewhere because people scalpe them.

Since this is my first time, is there anything i should know in advance that will make purchasing tickets easier?

iyudhi 01-09-2013 02:31 PM

kymacy: 150 for ground passes or for the ticketed event? just trying to gauge how much it would cost to attend FO

rommil 01-09-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kymacy (Post 7108102)
This is also my first time buying tickets and going to the French Open. I've already created a username and password. I plan on buying on February 13th as soon as it's open to the general public. The most expensive ticket that i saw on the ftt website was 150 Euros. I think The prices are jacked if you buy elsewhere because people scalpe them.

Since this is my first time, is there anything i should know in advance that will make purchasing tickets easier?

The guidelines should be available on the website, I only bought tickets for the first day, not multiple days. I think you can only buy 4 per session. I don't know how scalping is done since they will check your ticket AND your ID card prior to entry. Me and my friends already had plane tickets before and it was my assignment to get the FO tickets so I waited the minute it opened to the general public and stayed up for it.

Hope you get to see, it's a wonderful experience. I wish I could have stayed at least 3 days straight. Oh and check the weather, it can get so hot at times and rainy,damp and cold depending on the day.

gavna 01-10-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kymacy (Post 7108102)

You cannot scalp tickets because the FFT makes you assign them to a persons name and they check them at the gates. That's why you use the RG/FFT site to buy and resell tickets. All the tickets on Viagogo are official and resold at face value - grounds passes are not 150 that's reserved seating in the larger arenas on the final day - daily ground pass for the first week is closer to 24

Prices for tickets start at 24 then 38 50 76 54 72 90 all the way to 118 during the fist week depending on which stadium and which category 1, 2, 3....etc you buy........you can google the 2013 ticket prices and look at the current FFT/RG site as they list all the possible pricing options.

kymacy 01-10-2013 05:15 AM

http://rolandgarros.fft-tickets.com/...2013-GP-UK.pdf

Thats the link to the ticket prices. No point in going cheap on the tickets, im already spending a bunch on air fare just to get there so might as well get the best tickets (Court Phillip + Outside Category 1)

Do not buy tickets anywhere else but www.fft-tickets.com. There seems to be a bunch of people who take advantage of our ignorance. One of the Black Market sites has the price per ticket over $800. Thats crazy.

tennis34 02-12-2013 09:27 AM

Just reviving this thread a day before tickets go on sale....

Do you have to be a member of French Tennis Federation to buy the tickets? I'm planning to go Tue and Wed of the first week (the second round). Is it easier to get those tickets than weekend tickets?

gavna 02-12-2013 09:57 AM

FFT members already had their sale.........what's available tonight is whatever has not sold so far to FFT members.

It will be VERY tough to get Cat1 seats in any of the main 3 stadiums - most all those seats are taken by FFT Pre-Sale or blocked for the mult-day package deals - getting General Admission also not an issue on the first day of the sale.

Depending on how many tickets you need will also be a factor - 1 category 1 seat in Lenglen or Centre Court possible - getting 3 or 4 together very tough. Best be prepared to settle on GA or Cat 3.

If you do not get what you want wait a bit and use the FFT VIAGOGO system in a few weeks - almost always able to get decent seats.

tennis34 02-12-2013 10:30 AM

Thanks for a quick reply!
What is Category 1 seating? Is that the cheapest seats?
What does General Admission gets you - ground passes to the smaller courts?
And the most important question: Do you know what time does the ticket sale start? Midnight French time - or later ?

drewski711 02-12-2013 02:25 PM

Evidently they don't go on sale at midnight...

gavna 02-12-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis34 (Post 7209339)
Thanks for a quick reply!
What is Category 1 seating? Is that the cheapest seats?
What does General Admission gets you - ground passes to the smaller courts?
And the most important question: Do you know what time does the ticket sale start? Midnight French time - or later ?

They go on sale tomorrow morning PARIS time.........you will have to log in after 12 midnight in the US.

The 3 show courts - Chatrier, Lenglen and No.1 (the bullring) have seats designated Cat 1, 2, 3 based on how good and close the seats are (except for No.1 court that becomes General Admission after the first weekend). Of course Cat 1 are the best and taken within minutes during the FFT sale. court 1 really has no BAD seats due to the size - Lenglen is newer and has excellent sight lines even for some Cat 3 areas..........

After the 1st Monday or Tuesday the Court No.1 is no longer a "show" court and the doubles and legends events take place there........so when that happens NO.1 becomes open to General Admission and is first come........General Admission gets you all the courts EXCEPT Chatrier and Lenglen........during the first week it's a great deal as you have tons of matches on outside courts.

We are all FFT members in my family and we max out and buy as many seats as we can for friends on seats we can't use......others we re-post on VIAGOGO. Just about every FFT member buys the max amount of seats and does same.

fedfan86 02-12-2013 09:08 PM

Looks like they are on sale now. I am in a queue saying the wait is less than 30 mins...

fedfan86 02-12-2013 09:13 PM

Logged on using my mobile and it says the wait is 2 hours now.

fedfan86 02-12-2013 09:34 PM

Got 1 ticket for men's semi finals day! Pleased with that. Hope I can get a decent priced hotel now, but Paris is a short trip on the Eurostar for me.

tennis34 02-13-2013 03:11 AM

Yup, 2 hours wait for me too.....

tennis34 02-13-2013 03:42 AM

less than 30 minutes now!!!!
I'm trying to get tickets for the second round (tue and wed).

Jeebs 02-13-2013 03:56 AM

I logged on at 6am GMT when they went on sale and had to wait about 40 minutes. Managed to get a pair of the 'finals pack' tickets which I'm delighted about.