Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   WOW. 1.3 millions for Federer per match in South America. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446181)

Paullaconte1 11-19-2012 06:00 PM

WOW. 1.3 millions for Federer per match in South America.
 
There is some talking about these tennis stars doing the extra mile to play exhibitions.
Soon after the WTF, Djokovic went to Bratislava and Rio.

Now Federer goes to a whole tour in South America.
It seems he gets 1.3 millions per match!

http://www.tennistonic.com/view_tenn...-American-Tour

http://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/fed...id2102835.html
(you should translate sorry the last one if you don't know German).

Sometimes I really think it's about money...:)

sureshs 11-19-2012 06:08 PM

Demand and supply

power level 800 11-19-2012 06:08 PM

eh, he'll learn soon enough that not even having all the money in the world would help him fill that empty void of having that losing h2h with Nadal.

sureshs 11-19-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by power level 800 (Post 7025303)
eh, he'll learn soon enough that not even having all the money in the world would help him fill that empty void of having that losing h2h with Nadal.

Or not winning the Olympics singles gold.

But it does deaden some of the pain and will help him hire the best psychiatrists.

Paullaconte1 11-19-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by power level 800 (Post 7025303)
eh, he'll learn soon enough that not even having all the money in the world would help him fill that empty void of having that losing h2h with Nadal.

I think he will mourn about is H2H against Nadal in one of his private islands while sipping a nice pineapple juice on the beach. lol

power level 800 11-19-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7025309)
Or not winning the Olympics singles gold.

But it does deaden some of the pain and will help him hire the best psychiatrists.

ah, how could I forget. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paullaconte1 (Post 7025310)
I think he will mourn about is H2H against Nadal in one of his private islands while sipping a nice pineapple juice on the beach. lol

and on this private island he will have tennis courts and he will have all types of surfaces except for clay! :twisted:

ctoth666 11-19-2012 06:21 PM

Right about now, I'd be happy with $100 to play an exhibition in South America. That would be good money for me. Unfortunately, nobody would want to see me play. I've gotten the supply:demand ratio all wrong...

Paullaconte1 11-19-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by power level 800 (Post 7025314)
and on this private island he will have tennis courts and he will have all types of surfaces except for clay! :twisted:

or maybe he will have a clay court and he will ask one of his servants to dress up like Nadal to trash him in straight sets!
ahaha.. sorry.. just kidding around!

power level 800 11-19-2012 06:28 PM

well Roger is the King of Blue clay!! ;)



power level 800 11-19-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctoth666 (Post 7025321)
Right about now, I'd be happy with $100 to play an exhibition in South America. That would be good money for me. Unfortunately, nobody would want to see me play. I've gotten the supply:demand ratio all wrong...

hahahaha, what's the minimum wage right now? I would be happy if someone would pay me that just to play tennis. wouldn't be able to pay my bills but would be happy. :)

ctoth666 11-19-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by power level 800 (Post 7025340)
hahahaha, what's the minimum wage right now? I would be happy if someone would pay me that just to play tennis. wouldn't be able to pay my bills but would be happy. :)

I know what you mean. If someone called me up right now with an offer to play an exhibition in South America for $100 firm, we'd have a deal but for minimum wage? I don't know. That's not cuttin' it for me. I'm guess I'm greedy...

Whose dick do I have to suck for 1.3 million?

Bobby Jr 11-19-2012 06:44 PM

Note: Federer's exhibition events are all for the benefit of his foundation.

power level 800 11-19-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Jr (Post 7025356)
Note: Federer's exhibition events are all for the benefit of his foundation.

So this money he's getting is tax free!! You mean the 1.3 he is getting paid? or what is raised from the events it's what gets donated?

Sid_Vicious 11-19-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Jr (Post 7025356)
Note: Federer's exhibition events are all for the benefit of his foundation.

Which on this forum mean one thing = greedy bstard trying to get tax breaks.

Bobby Jr 11-19-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by power level 800 (Post 7025365)
So this money he's getting is tax free!! You mean the 1.3 he is getting paid? or what is raised from the events it's what gets donated?

I understand from a comment made by him once that his appearance fees from exhibitions would all be for his foundation.

The destination of what is raised from holding the events I assume is the business of the organiser. In this case it may be that someone else is effectively just paying Federer to be there - so the money raised is theirs to sort.

power level 800 11-19-2012 06:56 PM

okay. thanks for the response. but I shouldn't have asked that. I think it's Mr. Federer's business and only his on what he does with the money he rightfully earned.

NadalDramaQueen 11-19-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Jr (Post 7025356)
Note: Federer's exhibition events are all for the benefit of his foundation.

You are ruining the Fed bashing fun! 90's Clay and his sidekick helloworld haven't even had a chance to weigh in yet. :(

BrooklynNY 11-19-2012 06:57 PM

It's pretty awesome that Fed is getting 1.3 million for practice sessions against Ferrer and Bellucci. Tsonga might give Fed a run, but will likely be in showman mode. I didn't see, are the matches on clay?

In all fairness, Deadspin had a special with an anonymous athlete agent, and he was saying that foundations are basically just ways to employ your family, although I don't think Fed is in the business of that.

Bobby Jr 11-19-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalDramaQueen (Post 7025379)
You are ruining the Fed bashing fun! 90's Clay and his sidekick helloworld haven't even had a chance to weigh in yet. :(

Darn. My bad... I jumped the gun.:lol:

forzamilan90 11-19-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalDramaQueen (Post 7025379)
You are ruining the Fed bashing fun! 90's Clay and his sidekick helloworld haven't even had a chance to weigh in yet. :(

dont forget the great ***, that guy is in a league of his own


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse