Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Decisive moment in this season? Rome final! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446252)

Gonzo_style 11-20-2012 09:37 AM

Decisive moment in this season? Rome final!
 
Before Rome Djokovic had four losses:

Against Murray in Dubai, but that was Atp 500

Against Isner in Indian Wells, but Isner served great in that match

Against Nadal in Monte Carlo, but that was after grandfather's death and Rafa is strongest in Monte Carlo

Against Tipsarevic in Madrid on blue clay, possible tank job.

In Rome SF Djokovic destroyed Federer and appeared to be ready to fight vs clay God, but then finals was played on Monday because of rain, a few bad judges decisions, double fault on match point and all this coincided with Nadal's great plays.

After that Djokovic struggled in RG with Seppi and Tsonga and lost the finals against Nadal.

Djokovic looks to be recovered from all heavy defeats with great end of season, I hope he will win Roland Garros next year.

Sabratha 11-20-2012 09:45 AM

Djokovic won't be winning Roland Garros next year, not with Nadal in surprisingly good form.

dudeski 11-20-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7026404)
Djokovic won't be winning Roland Garros next year, not with Nadal in surprisingly good form.

3
2
1
till Clarky21 says that Nadal won't win a single match.

Gonzo_style 11-20-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7026404)
Djokovic won't be winning Roland Garros next year, not with Nadal in surprisingly good form.

But we do not know in what form Nadal will be, and without the "best" Nadal, Djokovic is the favorite for the RG title.

Cup8489 11-20-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo_style (Post 7026394)
Before Rome Djokovic had four losses:

Against Murray in Dubai, but that was Atp 500

Against Isner in Indian Wells, but Isner served great in that match

Against Nadal in Monte Carlo, but that was after grandfather's death and Rafa is strongest in Monte Carlo

Against Tipsarevic in Madrid on blue clay, possible tank job.

In Rome SF Djokovic destroyed Federer and appeared to be ready to fight vs clay God, but then finals was played on Monday because of rain, a few bad judges decisions, double fault on match point and all this coincided with Nadal's great plays.

After that Djokovic struggled in RG with Seppi and Tsonga and lost the finals against Nadal.

Djokovic looks to be recovered from all heavy defeats with great end of season, I hope he will win Roland Garros next year.


what is this ish?

Djokovic made the FO final for the first time after Rome, beating Fed in straights on clay..

Not really sure wtf u talkin about lul.

cc0509 11-20-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7026404)
Djokovic won't be winning Roland Garros next year, not with Nadal in surprisingly good form.

Didn't you just say a couple of days ago that you did not think Nadal would end 2013 in the top ten and you thought he would drop to top 20??

Gonzo_style 11-20-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup8489 (Post 7026891)
what is this ish?

Djokovic made the FO final for the first time after Rome, beating Fed in straights on clay..

Not really sure wtf u talkin about lul.

Final in Rome already indicated that what will be result in Roland Garros final.

Btw before beating Federer in straights, Djokovic almost lost to Tsonga.

Nadal got great confidence after finals in Rome, as he himself said.

Sabratha 11-20-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7026894)
Didn't you just say a couple of days ago that you did not think Nadal would end 2013 in the top ten and you thought he would drop to top 20??

That was before I saw Nadal practicing.

Clarky21 11-20-2012 04:16 PM

This thread makes no sense.

beast of mallorca 11-20-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeski (Post 7026410)
3
2
1
till Clarky21 says that Nadal won't win a single match.

And you nailed it in the head, Clarky's head that is............:twisted:

Clarky21 11-20-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7026914)
That was before I saw Nadal practicing.



What did he do that made you change your mind? There was nothing spectacular in any of those practice videos at all.

Sabratha 11-20-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7026934)
What did he do that made you change your mind? There was nothing spectacular in any of those practice videos at all.

Just the fact that he's making an effort to get back into form. Everybody knows that Nadal is a danger on every surface when he isn't injured. Nadal has turned it around before, it isn't too late for him to do it again.

Prisoner of Birth 11-20-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7026934)
What did he do that made you change your mind? There was nothing spectacular in any of those practice videos at all.

For one thing, people will shut up about him being retired.

Clarky21 11-20-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 7026952)
For one thing, people will shut up about him being retired.


Doesn't mean he's going to come back and win any titles,much less RG.

Prisoner of Birth 11-20-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7026961)
Doesn't mean he's going to come back and win any titles,much less RG.

Much less RG? LOL, if he's winning anything, it's RG first and then others.

Sabratha 11-20-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 7026982)
Much less RG? LOL, if he's winning anything, it's RG first and then others.

He will win every clay title next year.

Clarky21 11-20-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 7026982)
Much less RG? LOL, if he's winning anything, it's RG first and then others.



Well,I disagree. If Nadal plays RG next year we will get our answer.

Sabratha 11-20-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7026991)
Well,I disagree. If Nadal plays RG next year we will get our answer.

Clarky, are you kidding? He will be playing Roland Garros next year, that would be his main goal.

dr325i 11-20-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7026995)
Clarky, are you kidding? He will be playing Roland Garros next year, that would be his main goal.

4 months, 1200 posts...
You would think a person would have some understanding about tennis...

Prisoner of Birth 11-20-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7026989)
He will win every clay title next year.

I think so, too.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse