Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Yonex sht 308 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446377)

boinz 11-22-2012 04:21 AM

Yonex sht 308
 
Read about many positive review regard this show. Esp on the cushioning and weight.
But does this wear low? I like my shoes to have a low to ground feeling maybe like the Vapor9 ... kinda assure me more stability

Also is the tongue comfortable?

CrispyFritters 11-23-2012 10:05 PM

I's say it's a fairly low shoe. It's not so much a tongue as it is a half sleeve that leaves your toe and heel exposed. Very comfortable.

I like them marginally better than the GR4s, but the GR4 warranty makes it a no brainer choice.

hcb0804 11-24-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boinz (Post 7028806)
Read about many positive review regard this show. Esp on the cushioning and weight.
But does this wear low? I like my shoes to have a low to ground feeling maybe like the Vapor9 ... kinda assure me more stability

Also is the tongue comfortable?

They are very comfortable, but I would not say it is a low to the ground shoe at all. The heel actually feels noticeably elevated compared to most tennis shoes, as has been noted in reviews and other comments.

WildVolley 11-25-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcb0804 (Post 7030788)
They are very comfortable, but I would not say it is a low to the ground shoe at all. The heel actually feels noticeably elevated compared to most tennis shoes, as has been noted in reviews and other comments.

I believe it is actually more elevated, though I don't have measurements for it.

Actually, about a year ago, I believe, newyorkstadium started a thread about getting measurements from current shoes as to how high off the ground they actually were. We were the only two posters who expressed interest/saw the thread. We were having the easiest time measuring heel height, though I'd really like to see how high the forefoot is too, which would allow us to also measure the drop of the shoe.

Here's the small table newyorkstadium created.

Propulse 3 - 3.45cm
Barricade 7 - 3.2 cm
Asics gel game 3 - 2.85 cm
Yonex SHT-304 - 3.4cm
Used Prince Viper VI - 3.2cm

Unfortunately, neither of us had a current pair of Nike shoes to measure. But you can see that the Yonex 304 (which is my current game-day shoe) has a higher heel height than the Barricade 7.

boinz 11-26-2012 05:48 AM

hmm... interesting, I hadnt worn any Propulse before but I remember reading TW playtesters review saying its a low to ground shoe.
maybe the high/low arc of shoes gives a false perceived height than it what it actually measures

Nostradamus 11-26-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boinz (Post 7028806)
Read about many positive review regard this show. Esp on the cushioning and weight.
But does this wear low? I like my shoes to have a low to ground feeling maybe like the Vapor9 ... kinda assure me more stability

Also is the tongue comfortable?

its got pretty thick cushioning so no low to the ground feel. You don't want low to the ground feel, it is a ripoff gimmickery. You want good thick cushioning so your feet will feel good after 3 hours of tough play and also thick cushioning will let you Launch into the sky and cover more overhead smashes. Yonex let you do that.

hcb0804 11-26-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7033071)
its got pretty thick cushioning so no low to the ground feel. You don't want low to the ground feel, it is a ripoff gimmickery. You want good thick cushioning so your feet will feel good after 3 hours of tough play and also thick cushioning will let you Launch into the sky and cover more overhead smashes. Yonex let you do that.

Yeah, I just wore mine yesterday in a match... what a great shoe it is! It is one of the rare shoes that is so comfortable you are not even aware of them on your feet. Foot and shoe become one unit!

Nostradamus 11-26-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcb0804 (Post 7033126)
Yeah, I just wore mine yesterday in a match... what a great shoe it is! It is one of the rare shoes that is so comfortable you are not even aware of them on your feet. Foot and shoe become one unit!

did you notice that the cushion makes you jump about 1.5 feet higher than normal ?

hcb0804 11-26-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7033132)
did you notice that the cushion makes you jump about 1.5 feet higher than normal ?

Absolutely! At my age and condition, only 1.0 feet, but that's still pretty good!

3fees 11-28-2012 03:05 PM

Good looking shoes 308

Yonex power cushion 128 and 228 -Carbon Light Power Quattro fit - SHT-128 and 228, launched 1/2013 to be launched 1/13.
got them from yonex 2013 catalog, found it in drop box, pdf file.

Nimble footwork soft flexion

size:
22.0 ~ 29.0cm


PU leather + Double Russell Mesh Midsole: Hyper Feather Light + Power + T.P.U + solid cushion EVA + Power Carbon Outsole: Endurance Rubber Upper material

3E-low-cut for court artificial turf with sand, clay, Remark
R5 Power Hyper Feather Light Round cushion sole / R5
Carbon Light Power Quattro fit

:mrgreen:

heres the link translated from japanese:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...ViMl9zS6Xrg9Mw

Courtesy Post: order thru official yonex distributor.

evanjj 11-28-2012 04:31 PM

So no upgrade to the Power Cushion 308? Which is an amazing shoe :)

3fees 11-28-2012 04:50 PM

Yonex Power Cushion SHT 128 and 228 1/13(release date) $76.35 USD from yen.

outstanding !

you heard first on TW tennis talk....:)

TW needs to get these like yesterday..


:mrgreen:

evanjj 11-28-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3fees (Post 7037087)
Yonex Power Cushion SHT 128 and 228 1/13(release date) $76.35 USD from yen.

outstanding !

you heard first on TW tennis talk....:)

TW needs to get these like yesterday..


:mrgreen:

Yep...no doubt...but are they a downgrade though?

3fees 11-28-2012 05:08 PM

From this,,I'd say at least the same:

The Yonex Power Cushion 308 is the latest generation Yonex tennis shoe for 2012 and continues the tradition of lightweight performance. The 308 offers new cosmetics with all of the performance of the last generation SHT models. Tough Brid cushioning lasts longer and is more responsive than traditional EVA. New stability outrigger for improved lateral stability without adding weight. Outstanding cushioning, lightweight, and improved stability, the Power Cushion 308 is an all-around performer! Worn by Stan Wawrinka.•Color: Metallic Red/Black
•Upper: synthetic leather
•Outsole: Round Sole, Endurance Rubber
•Midsole: Super EVA, Power Cushion, TPU, Graphite sheet
YONEX POWER CUSHION: Drop an egg onto the Power Cushion and it will bounce back without breaking. Yonex Power Cushion Technology responds to quick and sharp movements by transforming shock into kinetic energy. Furthermore, this unique characteristic reduces muscle fatigue on your legs, so you are fresher going into the fifth and final set.

YONEX ROUND SOLE: Round Sole provides a feeling of increased comfort while maximizing the transfer of body energy into every shot. With Round Sole positioned on the side and heel of the shoe, it prevents any awkward landings and permits quick, smooth footwork around the court.

•Average weight: 14.3 oz. (Size 10.5)

colorway of the 308 metallic red looks awesome,,wait till they go on serious sale.


:mrgreen:

evanjj 11-28-2012 05:11 PM

I would guess going by their shoe number and cheaper price, they may not be top end like the 308? I am waiting to see how they improve such a great shoe like the 308 :)

3fees 11-28-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evanjj (Post 7037111)
I would guess going by their shoe number and cheaper price, they may not be top end like the 308? I am waiting to see how they improve such a great shoe like the 308 :)

308 is - super ergoshare
128 and 228 - Quattro Fit

"quattro version" is brand new as far as I have read, its being release 1/13.


:mrgreen:

evanjj 12-18-2012 01:03 PM

Updates..wonder if they are superior to the 308 which is an amazing shoe....

http://www.tennis.com/gear/2012/12/p.../#.UNDoDW9wp8E

http://www.tennis.com/gear/2012/12/p.../#.UNDoOW9wp8E

Rozroz 12-19-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evanjj (Post 7069423)
Updates..wonder if they are superior to the 308 which is an amazing shoe....

http://www.tennis.com/gear/2012/12/p.../#.UNDoDW9wp8E

http://www.tennis.com/gear/2012/12/p.../#.UNDoOW9wp8E

those look yummy as hell.

evanjj 12-19-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rozroz (Post 7070275)
those look yummy as hell.

They do. Waiting on some reviews to compare to current 308 before purchasing :)

3fees 12-19-2012 01:49 PM

Looks like theres more than one coming out quattro fit(light) and durable, The 308 still looks awesome red or black, sale time yet on the 308's ?

Yonex Newones 2013
Power Cushion Durable unisex-for men and unicorns
Power Cushion Light
the Power Cushion Durable is nearly an ounce lighter and costs $10 less than the brandís new Power Cushion Light

:)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse