Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   TW Babolat Aeropro Drive 2013 Reviews (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446435)

asiank90 11-23-2012 09:34 AM

TW Babolat Aeropro Drive 2013 Reviews

Overall score off 87 for the plus length version and overall of 88 for the regular length version

:shock::shock::shock:

El Diablo 11-23-2012 09:48 AM

I was pleased to see the wretched "comfort" score of 73. I've used the new PD with "cortex deluxe" and the current APD with "cortex standard" and simply can't understand how people perceive these racquets as becoming more comfortable. They are bone jarring. Perception is indeed, as the cognitive psychologists tell us, all about motivation.

mad dog1 11-23-2012 11:43 AM

JGads received this playtest stick and i had a chance to hit with it. it's stiff still but definitely more comfortable than the previous 2 versions (i've never tried the original APD). also the SW is lower 316 vs 331 so it comes through the contact zone quicker. i always felt the APDC was sluggish especially on my 1hbh. i experienced no sluggishness w/ the 2013 stick. even though the SW is lower, this stick still retains the same huge gobs of power of the previous versions. spin and pace are effortless. hits a heavy ball from the baseline. i felt it had a bit too much power, but i think it can be tamed a bit by increasing tension. i think the playtest stick came strung at 55# off a lockout machine w/ RPM Blast which was a bit low especially after the strings started losing some tension after the initial hit. i think power levels would be better if it was strung at 55-57# on a constant pull machine. as far as serves go, the new stick is more comfortable for sure. the previous models hurt my shoulder even w/ a dampener and i was able to play without a dampener w/ the 2013 version. this one while stiff doesn't transmit as much shock and vibration to my shoulder. and man, does this thing serve up some absolute bombs!

tistrapukcipeht 11-23-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Diablo (Post 7030011)
I was pleased to see the wretched "comfort" score of 73. I've used the new PD with "cortex deluxe" and the current APD with "cortex standard" and simply can't understand how people perceive these racquets as becoming more comfortable. They are bone jarring. Perception is indeed, as the cognitive psychologists tell us, all about motivation.

Exactly what i found early in the year, awful, the worse 100 sq in there is.

I'd give a 0 in comfort to that thing and to the pure drive.

Having a 73 is a little difference to what they consider comfort, some other racquets receive 80-85 and are super comfortable, not this one is jarring as it could be and still 73?

Anyway, I gave up on play test because of that, too stiff, not that I'd be selected but...

They received 86 and 89, something is for sure wrong, I can't imagine that racquet even close to my Ezone Xi.