Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Racquet For a 15yr Old 3.0-3.5 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446480)

ConorM3737 11-24-2012 03:51 AM

Racquet For a 15yr Old 3.0-3.5

i'm 15yrs old, and 5'8 tall, and I'm thinking of getting either the new blade 98(18x20) or the new aeropro drive in the next couple of weeks, and wanted to know which one you guys would recommend. I'm looking for more stability, plow through, control, and just a general improvement over my 9.9oz, 1pt HL beginners racquet (which is way too light).

I have a eastern/semi western grip on my forehand and have a one handed backhand, and I also come to net quite often. I use backhand slice quite alot as well. I would rate myself at around 3.0-3.5. I love the cosmetic of the blade 98, but would happily buy the aeropro if you guys suggest it.

I want the racquet to last me around 2 years as well, so I want a racquet that will be usable as I develop.

Thanks.

TW Staff 11-26-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConorM3737 (Post 7030716)
i'm 15yrs old, and 5'8 tall, and I'm thinking of getting either the new blade 98(18x20) or the new aeropro drive in the next couple of weeks, and wanted to know which one you guys would recommend. I'm looking for more stability, plow through, control, and just a general improvement over my 9.9oz, 1pt HL beginners racquet (which is way too light).

I have a eastern/semi western grip on my forehand and have a one handed backhand, and I also come to net quite often. I use backhand slice quite alot as well. I would rate myself at around 3.0-3.5. I love the cosmetic of the blade 98, but would happily buy the aeropro if you guys suggest it.

I want the racquet to last me around 2 years as well, so I want a racquet that will be usable as I develop.

Thanks.

For choosing a new racquet, I always think the best option is to get both in your hands through our demo program and see which one works best for you. A lot of choosing a racquet is just personal feel, and you can't go wrong with either one of those two choices.

With that said, I would probably suggest the AeroPro Drive over the Blade for you. I think the APD is a great racquet for the junior player developing their modern game. It's very easy to swing, forgiving, and provides lots of power and spin without sacrificing control. The Blade is a great racquet too, but I'd give the slight edge to the APD.

Again, I think best option is to demo both and see which one feels best for you. Those are two good options and you can't go wrong with either. However, if that isn't possible, I'd go with the APD.

Andy, TW

ConorM3737 11-28-2012 06:50 AM

Thanks Andy :) I took three racquets out for a demo: the old blade and aeropro, and the Head radical pro :) I felt the Radical Pro was awesome! It had the power of the aeropro, but the stability of the blade and even better feel :) I've ordered one and am getting it strung up with Babolat XCel power at mid tension :)