Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Estusa Pro Legend Classic and Power Play Tour (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446565)

luishcorreia 11-25-2012 03:54 PM

Estusa Pro Legend Classic and Power Play Tour
 
hi.

Just got two great Estusa racquets. One Pro Legend Classic and one Power Play Tour.

They are new... With plastic still around the handle.. Bought them from a guy who used to own a sports goods store that filed chapter 11 some years ago. He still,has a lot of material to sell.

I have looked for hours on the net,.. And couldn't find the specs on these racquet. They seem very similar.

Does anyone know the specs??

Will post pictures tomorrow. I am on ipad now.

luishcorreia 11-26-2012 01:02 PM

As promised here sare some pictures








Cesare 11-26-2012 05:11 PM

Did Jimbo played with this version of the Pro Legend at the French Open 1991? just take a look at this video(great match Vs Michael Chang)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An72DZvTBmA

Hankenstein 11-29-2012 12:34 AM

I used the Pro Legend Classic Pro. Very nice frame! Very much plays like Wilson Pro Staff Classic 6.1.

Very nice frame!!

ritton07 11-29-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesare (Post 7034038)
Did Jimbo played with this version of the Pro Legend at the French Open 1991? just take a look at this video(great match Vs Michael Chang)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An72DZvTBmA

..not sure about the 1991 French Open, but I think someone said here he also used the ProLegend Classic Lite model (besides the yellow ProLegend Classic one), it might be this one


Cesare 11-30-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritton07 (Post 7037678)
..not sure about the 1991 French Open, but I think someone said here he also used the ProLegend Classic Lite model (besides the yellow ProLegend Classic one), it might be this one


Thank you so much ritton07, i didn't know that jimbo used that lite version of the pro classic. Nice color too!

Hannah19 12-01-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesare (Post 7040760)
Thank you so much ritton07, i didn't know that jimbo used that lite version of the pro classic. Nice color too!

Actually, and this inside info comes from Jimbo333, all Estusa's played by Jimmy came from the Slazenger Phantom mould. All that differs were the paint jobs.
Look very closely to the image and you can see the OMS bulge at the 4 o clock position.

Cesare 12-01-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah19 (Post 7041629)
Actually, and this inside info comes from Jimbo333, all Estusa's played by Jimmy came from the Slazenger Phantom mould. All that differs were the paint jobs.
Look very closely to the image and you can see the OMS bulge at the 4 o clock position.

so they were all 90 sq. in., right?

luishcorreia 12-02-2012 12:51 PM

The Pro Legend Classic and the Power Play Tour are bouth 95 sqin. At least thats what is printed on the racquet. Its the only spec printed.

Hannah19 12-02-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesare (Post 7041957)
so they were all 90 sq. in., right?

His personal rackets, apparently, were all Phantom 90's.
The consumer models may have had different specs and headsizes.
He had several Estusa, and later AmerPro and Wavex models autographed he never actually played with.

wetton76 06-07-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesare (Post 7040760)
Thank you so much ritton07, i didn't know that jimbo used that lite version of the pro classic. Nice color too!

I think that Jimbo from 1989 used the same frame, the Slazenger Phantom 90 (same mold of Estusa Pro Legend Classic), but with different paint jobs, which the most famous was the bright yellow Estusa in the Us Open '91 (when he reached the epic semi-final at 39 years).


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse