Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Finally!!Found my perfect set-up!! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446576)

babolat king 11-25-2012 06:52 PM

Finally!!Found my perfect set-up!!

After all these years and about 12 racquet changes in between, I have finally found the perfect racquet set-up.

Level: 4.5
Racquet: 2012 Babolat Pure Drives
String: BHBR 17 @ 55, Goosen 16 @58
Lead: 4 grams @ 3 & 9
Grip: Babolat Leather.
Overgrip: Tourna XXL
Damper: Babolat Custom Damp II

I have played about 18 hours with this set-up and its no fluke. The plow through with the lead is amazing. Im loving the hybrid because I can take big cuts at the ball and I have no need to worry about it going long. The hybrid is also easier on the arm so I can string it a little higher for better control. Also, this hybrid is cheeeeap!

These boards have definately helped with reading others set-ups and working through what worked and what didnt. I hope mine will give others an idea what works for them. Thanks tt'ers

MikeHitsHard93 11-25-2012 06:59 PM

What other rackets did you use?

darklore009 11-25-2012 08:23 PM

for gosen, you mean og micro?

babolat king 11-26-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHitsHard93 (Post 7032629)
What other rackets did you use?

Prince Rebel 95
Head Microgel Radical Midplus
Babolat Pure Drive Standard
Babolat Pure Drive Cortex
Babolat Pure Drive Gt
Head Youtek Prestige Midplus
Babolat Pure Storm Gt Ltd
Babolat Pure Storm Gt
Prince EXO3 Tour 16x18
Prince EXO3 Tour 18x20
Wilson BLX Six One 95 16x18
Wilson BLX Six One 96 18x20

Not in that specific order, its all a cloudy mess of limbo now. I have definately ran the gaunlet to say the least.

babolat king 11-26-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklore009 (Post 7032706)
for gosen, you mean og micro?

Whoops sorry forgot to include that. Yes the og micro 16.

mikeler 11-26-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babolat king (Post 7033194)
Whoops sorry forgot to include that. Yes the og micro 16.

I thought you were using "Goosen" as stated in the OP. Disappointed it was just crappy Gosen. :)

sansaephanh 11-26-2012 12:07 PM

Good set up. I'm in the market to try SPPP and BHSR17. BHBR has tons of great feel for me, but if i can squeeze out a bit more with a stiffer string for a low price, I'm definitely going to try it.

richsox 11-26-2012 12:49 PM

I'm very interested in this set up, as I having been a PD user for 10+ years, have found the 2012 a great stick, but I feel it is missing some plow through, so I am demo-ing a 2012 PDR right now, but finding the extra weight is having a somewhat sluggish effect on my serving (no doubt from the more hefty weight of the stick).

Did you not try the 2012 PDR, and if so, why did you choose the 2012 PD std in the end?

I will try your set up (I have VS touch at 57lbs), adding lead, and the leather grip.....

I have previously tried adding circa 4 grams in the throat, and after a while just ripped it out (and the paint on which it was stuck too :(

I'm a 3.5, decent flat first serve which wins me free points, followed by a decent 2nd kciker...baseliner, with 1 BH, flat forehand. I plan on demo-ing the new APD as well......but my heart is really with the PD's

KFwinds 11-26-2012 12:59 PM

^^^You do realize with the lead and the leather that his stick weighs about the same as a PDR...

babolat king 11-26-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KFwinds (Post 7033604)
^^^You do realize with the lead and the leather that his stick weighs about the same as a PDR...

The Pd feels alot better than the PDR imho. Especially around the net, better feel and maneuverability.

I really did not like the PDR when i demo'd it. Its awesome from the baseline but I like the all court game.

babolat king 11-26-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richsox (Post 7033589)
I'm very interested in this set up, as I having been a PD user for 10+ years, have found the 2012 a great stick, but I feel it is missing some plow through, so I am demo-ing a 2012 PDR right now, but finding the extra weight is having a somewhat sluggish effect on my serving (no doubt from the more hefty weight of the stick).

Did you not try the 2012 PDR, and if so, why did you choose the 2012 PD std in the end?

I will try your set up (I have VS touch at 57lbs), adding lead, and the leather grip.....

I have previously tried adding circa 4 grams in the throat, and after a while just ripped it out (and the paint on which it was stuck too :(

I'm a 3.5, decent flat first serve which wins me free points, followed by a decent 2nd kciker...baseliner, with 1 BH, flat forehand. I plan on demo-ing the new APD as well......but my heart is really with the PD's

The best way to remove the lead is to use a blow dryer. Trust me it works. I have added and removed several times w/o any paint damage.

Just warm the lead about 1-2 min and get a corner started and it will come off no problem.