Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   TT Warrior MP Question for Andy G (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446605)

TennisMD 11-26-2012 06:18 AM

TT Warrior MP Question for Andy G

There have been comments on these boards that the production model TTW MP circa 2000
Played differently than the current model being sold at TW
I had a good experience with the older version.
Now playing mostly doubles and this should be ideal if it has not changed. So Andy I see this is one of your rkts any comments on the old VS new issue

TW Staff 11-26-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisMD (Post 7033082)
There have been comments on these boards that the production model TTW MP circa 2000
Played differently than the current model being sold at TW
I had a good experience with the older version.
Now playing mostly doubles and this should be ideal if it has not changed. So Andy I see this is one of your rkts any comments on the old VS new issue

Ah, one of my favorite racquets to play with, and hands down my favorite racquet to play around the net with. The current ones we sell are the exact same as the older model, so they should perform the same. However, one thing to consider is the quality control during the production of racquets. Often times, when racquet companies are mass producing racquets, the specs from racquet to racquet of the same model can be slightly different, and especially when a racquet has been around for a longer period of time. It is not uncommon for people to buy two or three "stock" racquets at one time and feel that they are slightly different from one another.

This may be the case for people that feel that the old one plays different than the new one. The ones we sell now should be the same racquet as ones in years past.

Hope this helps!

Andy, TW

TennisMD 11-26-2012 08:20 AM

Btw old VS new

Thanks Andy this helps. Out of curiosity do you play stock or customize if latter how so. Also favorite string for TTW

TahoeTennis 11-26-2012 09:35 AM

I still use this racquet and put lead tape at 3 - 12 - 9 and it works great for me!

TW Staff 11-26-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisMD (Post 7033267)
Thanks Andy this helps. Out of curiosity do you play stock or customize if latter how so. Also favorite string for TTW

I add some weight, but I play around with the weighting of those a lot so I don't have a particular spec that I prefer. I usually try to add weight to the TT Warrior without changing the balance too much. Normally this means adding a lot around the throat, and then a little in the handle and hoop to counterbalance. That way, the racquet has the same balance but with a little higher swingweight.

As for my favorite string, I'm going to give you a few...Babolat RPM Blast, Solinco Tour Bite, Tourna Big Hitter Black 7, and Volkl Cyclone. Preferably 17g or 18g. The thinner gauge for me the better, but I also don't want the string to break after 2 hours of play either.

Andy, TW