Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   top 50 sponsership (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446686)

tennisball1 11-27-2012 07:09 AM

top 50 sponsership

If im top 50 in my country do you think i can get a sponsorship from any country?

tennisball1 11-27-2012 08:11 AM

company* sorry

scraps234 11-27-2012 02:11 PM

Well it depends on the country what country are you talking about

BHiC 11-27-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scraps234 (Post 7035186)
Well it depends on the country what country are you talking about

Exactly. Top 50 US, and you can get a sponsorship from almost anybody. Top 50 in Guatemala might be a different story. OP, do you have an ITF ranking?

Davis Cup Fan 11-27-2012 02:46 PM

You have a good chance of getting discounts from places like Athletic DNA but if not sure about a full sponsorship. In the US top 150 usually can get a deal from Babolat.

rodrigoamaral 11-27-2012 03:56 PM

depends on country and age division.. why not contact the company that you are most interested in and see what they say, it doesn't cost anything :)

tennisball1 11-27-2012 04:26 PM

the country is in africa....dont know if that would change anything

BHiC 11-28-2012 08:40 AM

The country changes a lot, as I mentioned in my previous post. You have some countries where the field for tennis is very deep, but some countries where there are more weaker players. One example is in the different sections in the United States. The Southern section is relatively large, and has a decent number of good players. In contrast, the middle states section is not as big and doesn't have the same depth. The 15th best southern player (in national rankings) is 154 in the nation. The 15th best middle states player (in national rankings) is 437 in the nation. The southern player has a much better shot at getting a sponsorship then the middle states player, based on US rankings.

Do you have any experience at the international level? An ITF ranking or something along those lines?

If you want a sponsorship, I think you should just send an email out to the rep for every company that you would like to consider. Explain your situation, any big wins, what country you are in, etc. You have absolutely zero to lose, and everything to gain. Even if you can't get a full sponsorship, there is also a shot that you can get stuff at a very reduced price.

Good Luck!

tennisball1 11-28-2012 10:52 AM

i have played a few ITF tournaments..... i didnt do so well in them.. i will start playing itf's next year regularly

BHiC 11-29-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisball1 (Post 7036493)
i have played a few ITF tournaments..... i didnt do so well in them.. i will start playing itf's next year regularly

Ok, I think that if you are at the level to consistently get into ITF events, then you should be able get at least a decent discount. You just need to email whoever is head of sponsorship for your companies of interest, and see what they say.

BTW - I assume that you are talking about racquet sponsorships. Clothing/footwear sponsorships are a whole different beast. With that, you probably can't get a Nike/Adidas sponsorship. ADNA might be your best bet for clothing.